Home
What handgun are you carrying now that the Winter Cloths and Coats are packed away and now it is shorts and Tee's , ?
I'm carrying my M&P Shield 40 in the Croosbreed Super Tuck with Winchester 165 gr LE Ranger Talon's . Just to hard to conceal my bigger Glocks and 1911's pistols .
XDS.45
I went on a fairly long, 50 minute, walk yesterday evening with my wife and our 2 1/2 dogs. Wore a muscle T tucked in then a sleeveless light cotton western shirt open in the front and untucked to cover the pistol. This is my normal day to day Summer attire and allows me to keep packing my 1911 in 10mm.

I do have a P3AT 380 for days like the wedding I am going to on Saturday where an overshirt is just going to be uncouth but I try to have the gun that I shoot well on hand as much as I can.

Load is my handloads conssting of 180gr Gold Dots at 1375fps.
Kahr CW40 and Glock 19

Hank
XDS .45 in a IWB N82 Tactical. Works fine with shorts and untucked T-shirt
Citadel Compact 45 ACP in a Simply Rugged IWB Pancake Holster

[Linked Image][/URL]

Taurus PT 709 Slim 9mm in a Simply Rugged IWB Pancake Holster

[Linked Image][/URL]
It nearly broke 100* here yesterday, we've had summer for a while. I'm still carrying a Glock 22. I never worry about a LITTLE printing, but it's definitely harder in the summer.

I tried to like my 642, but just sent it down the road last week. It wasn't slimmer than an auto and I couldn't get used to pocket carry.

I'm picking up my Shield on Thursday and that'll likely be what I carry for the rest of forever.
I'm carrying the same SIG 220 that I've carried all year. Loose fitting shirt worn out, and no base layer or undershirt. A little sweat never hurts much. But if you really need a gun, toy guns fall far short. E
M&P .40c in a Falco leather IWB or my Kahr CW9 in its Comp Tac IWB or desantis pocket holster depending on what shirt I'm wearing.

Went hiking Saturday and wore my S&W 386PD in a OWB with a tshirt over it. Yeah it's a bit big but you never feel the weight.
you have a point, but the M&P Shield is small pistol that thinks it is a full size pistol
Still MY Glock 23 In The Bianchi 100,155 Winchester Ranger x13
Originally Posted by Eremicus
I'm carrying the same SIG 220 that I've carried all year. Loose fitting shirt worn out, and no base layer or undershirt. A little sweat never hurts much. But if you really need a gun, toy guns fall far short. E

I hear ya on that one. We cannot pick the scenario where a firearm is really going to be NEEDED. My full size all stell 1911 is a tad bit cumbersome but I have commited to myself that I am going to just pack it and deal with the weight. Part of the thinking is that having only one handgun for everything I am more likely to become highly proficient with it and having it become an extension of my arm and hand. Since my last two carry pieces were 1911's and the one immediately preceeding this RIA 10 was a spittin image Delta Elite I hope I am getting close to that goal.

RE no undershirt or base layer.... Personally I cannot tolerate the feeling of a steel handgun right against my skin so will wear an 'A' shirt or other t shirt base layer even in 100 degree heat. Might be OK if I were to send off my pistol for a 'melting' treatment i.e. rounding off of the edges and corners etc. Been collecting a good pile of sleeveless lightweight breathable shirts to wear over a colored base shirt as well as some lightweight vests that do not look out of place so as to be able to keep the real gun on my person as much as possible. Even at church, with the Pastors full knowledge and blessing smile
38 Jframe

Snake
Beretta Tomcat 32ACP loaded with Winchester Silvertips in a Don Hume pocket holster. It rides in my right rear pocket. Comfortable, concealable and accessible.
Lately I've been carrying my LCP with CT laser and 1 spare mag, because I have to wear my shirt tucked in for my job. It just disappears in a pair of shorts. If out and about with my shirt untucked, it's a XD 45 Compact in a Crossbreed Supertuck, or 1911 in a Supertuck.
Either P238 in generic pocket holster or CCO 45 in sparks summer special, depending on belt worn.
kahr cm40
Originally Posted by gunchamp
kahr cm40

Yea, you say that now, but wait until you get that Bear
S&W329pd carried IWB when I'm in a speedo by the pool.
Kahr CW9
S&W 432 PD (hammerless) Airweight - 32 H&R Mag.

Sometimes, Beretta Tomcat - 32 ACP.

Also, Ruger LCR - 22 LR.
Glock 22 155 grain gold dots. In a blackhawk iwb. Or bianchi autolok. If im hangin around the house/town. Its my blackhawk 45 colt. Somewhere that i need to be as discrete as possible its my 642. With 158 grain plus P hpwc
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by gunchamp
kahr cm40

Yea, you say that now, but wait until you get that Bear
very true
Well...tried the Colt New Agents, both 9 and .45 and was disappointed in the whole episode... guess I was expecting a 1911 and got a Glock. After my 1911-A1 I guess the rest are just Japanese imitations. Tried Glocks, 26, 19, 30, 30SF, and finally decided on inflatable boat and fishing. On a fluke, I tried a Ruger LCP..... my wife tried it and loved the little squirt... It Vanished into her CC Purse. Just never getting in love with the 9mm short, I decided on the LC9 Standard and was pleasantly surprised.. Been carrying it now for about two months. Accuracy isn't a 1911 but does a nice saucer at 25 yds so I can get along with that. Kinda forgot the loud part of a 9mm in a short barrel... But the Taurus .357 Model 605 I have put things back in perspective. Never can get used to the last two out of the cylinder when shooting 158 Gr.Mags....Ouch.
If you're hunting for a decent and light CCW, might try the LC9 or else LCP if you can live with smaller power. I do like the way it handles from draw to fire and the quickness of the action and reloading. Long trigger is only question mark...
Little j frame loaded with+p hollow points.
Same thing I carried all winter, 1911 .45acp.
The same Dan Wesson PM7-10mm that I carried all winter. The only difference is I switch from a simply rugged cuda OWB in the winter to a Milt Sparks VMII IWB for the summer.
browning 1911-22 in my boot

Kahr CM9 using IWB holster. Only issues I"ve had is that I need to tighten up my mid-section or buy bigger pants! frown
memtb
At the moment it's 47 degrees here. Guess I can carry anything I want concealed.
Springfield XDS .45acp IWB & Kahr CM9 for my BUG in my left front pocket cool
Still cary the G19 IWB daily, when I need to go tucked I'll
cary the XDS45.Still having a bit of trouble getting used to
the thought of only 6 rnd's.
iblong, I hear you about the 6 rounds. Or 7, or 8, even. After the Colorado theater shooting, I put up my 1911's and started carrying my Glock 23 as my primary. 14 rounds in the gun and 13 more in my back pocket. Oh, and I added a Crimson Trace laser grip to it.

I haven't changed my load-out for summer, really. Primary is still the G23 in kydex IWB holster, and BUG/always gun is a Kahr PM9 in pocket holster. However, now that I have a G19 set up exactly like my G23, I may make the switch to that... it's a tad more accurate in my hands

I don't carry a 1911 IWB in summer any more... sweat makes rust, so I spend way too much time cleaning the gun. But if I buy that bobtail S&W Scandium 1911 from the Performance Center I've been lusting after, that might could change. I do love me a good 1911 just about more than any other pistol made. Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB is my 1911 CCW holster of choice.

I'm looking hard at buying a new IWB holster for the Kahr. Either a VM-2 from Milt Sparks or a Crossbreed. Might have to buy both and pick the better one.

Only thing is that due to recent changes in circumstance I'm not spending ANY money I don't absolutely have to. It's not like I'm not GTG with what's on hand, though.
Kahr P9 in a Galco IWB when dressed in light cloths.

When I wear an un-tucked shirt or a light vest, I pack my Beretta 92 in a BullDog leather Summer Special IWB.
(gotta get a Bulldog leather IWB for my Kahr)

When it's really hot I'll wear a tank top and shorts and pack an LCP with a belt clip.

Virgil B.
Just picked up a spank new Ruger LCR 357 Magnum.
My DB9 full of Hornady Critical Dutys, in a N8Tacticle custom tucked holster.
I often forget it's there.
Depends on what I am wearing. Tee shirt days a Glock 27 or a Kahr CW9. Button up shirt Glock 19.

All primary guns get a extra mag and the second gun is either a 642 or LCP.

Dink
This XDS .45 in a Desantis Nemisis, front pocket in my Cabelas hiking shorts

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I live in a very small town, so crime is not a big deal, but due to the interstate north of here, there is ALWAYS that chance..Mostly I carry a modell66 Smith.. Sometimes a model 60, but 95 percent of the time it is the 66..When it is fairly warm I put a vest over my T Shirt and it covers the pistol nicely..Sometimes I just slip it in the pocket of the vest, but it works best this way if I have a second gun in the left hand pocket.. When I am in the hills, which is most everyday, I have either a model 28 or model 29..But concealed carry is not a big deal there..
I have always had a 44 mag of some sort,mostly Smith 629 or Ruger
Redhawk or Super Redhawk.I had a Desert Eagle 50 AE for a while but ammo was always a pain in the butt to find.
I downsized from the super Red Hawk to a Stainless Red Hawk 44 mag
with the 4 inch barrel. A LOT! better toting gun for a old man.
The Ruger LCR 357 magnum was bought new by my son-in-law for my daughter last month.She said NO!! without even firing it.
He needed some $$$$$ to find her a Smith 642 so I paid him for the LCR. I ain`t much for snub noses or 357/38 guns I will think on it about keeping or trading it on something I like.
AMRA
S&W model 37, pocket holster for strong side. Like a sore peter, you can't beat it.
Hahahaha

DMc
Kahr CM40. I keep hearing how bad they are but mine has been perfect.
Originally Posted by George_in_SD
S&W model 37, pocket holster for strong side. Like a sore peter, you can't beat it.

Until you need it
Originally Posted by rifle
XDS.45

it's certainly summer here in Miami. I am carrying my XDS on a daily basis.
My wife was laughing yesterday at my 'urban hiking gear. I try to get in a 3 to 5 mile hike every morning down here. Some of the areas are not 'nice'.
[Linked Image]
Ruger LCR .357 Mag..................Hb
Sig 938 most of the time; sometimes Sig 238 on social occasions.
S&W 642 ... Same as the winter gun

Got the Kahr 380 last August. . I really like the P380 along with the DeSantis gear and Protac 1L light that I carry also. So far it has run with everything I have put through it. Federal Hydra-shok, Winchester Silvertip, Aguila JHP, Hornaday Critical Defense, Remington FMJ, Blazer TM aluminum cased, I carry the Hornaday in it. I am very happy with the little beast.

[Linked Image]
hard to go wrong with a Kahr.
I'm carrying this:

[Linked Image]

Inside of this (minus the Glock grin) :

[Linked Image]
1935 colt 380
I'm carrying this:

[Linked Image]

Inside of this (minus the Glock grin):

[Linked Image]

Good choice cool

Summer Heat: (Middle) Gen2 G19 in Raven Vanguard2 (red Gonzalez Tribute version) w matching red Arredondo +5 which gives me a 20-rd BB bump; sometime swap for my former duty gun (top)Gen3 G27 w a G32 barrel and a Plus-1 mag along with a black Arredondo basepad for a G22 bag which gives me an 18-round reload. Been carrying the pre-lock 442 (bottom)for more than seven years almost every day on and off. Speer Gold Dots in all.

[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

Closeup of the Pocket Protector; maybe we should have an Ugly Working Gun thread. The blue doesn't hold up as well as the Glock Tenifer when carried in hot, funky, dusty places for years...
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]

P.S. The Smiff is on- and off-duty BUG. A Gen4 G23 is my issued plainclothes albeit open daily carry. Currently using an issued Safariland rig but soon upgrading to Raven or Off the Grid Concepts real kydex.

Yep..that works.
Originally Posted by bea175
What handgun are you carrying now that the Winter Cloths and Coats are packed away and now it is shorts and Tee's?
A pre-83 S&W Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard (.38 Special), loaded with Speer "Short Barrel" 135 grain Gold Dots, carried in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II IWB on a Galco SB9 3.25" "Dress Belt."

Here it is next to my Milt Sparks pocket holster that I never carry it in.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by dla
S&W329pd carried IWB when I'm in a speedo by the pool.
laugh
HK P2000SK VIII 40 cal. in a Concealco IWB holster.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by bea175
What handgun are you carrying now that the Winter Cloths and Coats are packed away and now it is shorts and Tee's?
A pre-83 S&W Model 38 Airweight Bodyguard (.38 Special), loaded with Speer "Short Barrel" 135 grain Gold Dots, carried in a Milt Sparks Versa Max II IWB on a Galco SB9 3.25" "Dress Belt."

Here it is next to my Milt Sparks pocket holster that I never carry it in.

[Linked Image]
Whoops! Just caught a typo, but too late to edit it. Naturally, the belt is 1.25" wide not 3.25" wide. blush
As I and my 14 year old son are bumming the woods in north Idaho these days I am carrying a 5 1/2" 475 Linebaugh Ruger Bisley and he an old 4 5/8" Flattop Ruger 44 Magnum, both loaded rather mildly.
Ruger LCR in .357 mag.
Originally Posted by ppine
Ruger LCR in .357 mag.
What load do you carry in it?
J frame model 60 (nickel) or a Kimber 1911 Polomyer Custom in 45 ACP.

Dick
Glock 35
Same as in Winter, Springfield Trophy Match in 45 ACP with 185 gr TAC-XP's and a Sig P226 Tactical Operations in 40 S&W with 140 gr TAC-XP's.

Gunner
If I ever get a holster in, I'll be carrying a Shield in 9mm. For now, I'm still carrying the M&P full size 9mm.

Picked up a S&W 43c that will be carried when I run year round. Looking at a clip draw for it but have a couple other holsters coming in to try. Ya I know it's just a 22 but 8 little 22 shells still keep it under a pound.
Springfield Pro, waiting for my Horseshoe Holster SOB2 to come in ...
ruger sp101/357/fobus paddle/golddots
My choices haven�t changed much. My holster gun still remains S&W�s M1911PD (LW Commander) in .45 ACP, and my pocket gun is my S&W 431 J frame. However, I do find myself carrying the Colt�s Cobra over the 431 quite often these days. The Cobra is not appreciably larger (not in any way that actually matters), has a more comfortable grip, and with my work on the action, is as smooth (or slightly more-so) as an out of the box Python.
Originally Posted by KevinGibson
My choices haven�t changed much. My holster gun still remains S&W�s M1911PD (LW Commander) in .45 ACP, and my pocket gun is my S&W 431 J frame. However, I do find myself carrying the Colt�s Cobra over the 431 quite often these days. The Cobra is not appreciably larger (not in any way that actually matters), has a more comfortable grip, and with my work on the action, is as smooth (or slightly more-so) as an out of the box Python.
Good to see you back, Kevin.
I carry either a Glock 17, or Glock 22, year round.

I don't have a small handgun, but a Ruger LCR 357 has appeal to me.
Still carrying what I am told. G27 loaded with 155 grain Speer GoldDots. Desantis Mini Scabbard for a holster and I generally use a magazine with a Glock +2 adapter.
las
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Still carrying what I am told. G27 loaded with 155 grain Speer GoldDots. Desantis Mini Scabbard for a holster and I generally use a magazine with a Glock +2 adapter.

Damn......the last couple days have been the hottest yet. I spent part of yesterday, and the better part of today, with a carbine in hand. I did have to switch my Sig for a Glock but was able to dump that [bleep] thing at 1500 and put my 229 back where it belongs.

After hours it's still the "same ol' " for me. M&Pc or the old 642 depending on mood.

George
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
I carry either a Glock 17, or Glock 22, year round.

I don't have a small handgun, but a Ruger LCR 357 has appeal to me.

Shane, they are nice and more controllable than you would think. Give one a try. If you were around I'd let you try one of mine.
I've shot Travis' LCR22, and some time ago Had an SP101 (2.25") 357 Mag, and an S&W 642 38Spl.

Based on my experiences with those, I think I could like an LCR 357.

I'd probably load something in the 158-180gr full wadcutter hardcast, at 900-1000 fps.
Either an H&K P7 PSP in an IWB holster or a Colt Detective Special with hammer shroud in a pocket holster. The H&K really fits my hand well and I have shot it in IDPA matches, and I shot the Colt in a snubby match and finished in the middle of the pack with all the other shooters using K-frame Smiths.
Well... With MY 5'10" 225# and 102 Degrees out... seriously changing to very small and short with side-pockets like dockers with inside pocket holster w/velcro attach. LC9.. maybe LCP.
Pocket carry, or ankle holster.....Federal Nyclads a must!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by mpmax
Pocket carry, or ankle holster.....Federal Nyclads a must!

[Linked Image]
Safe queen, eh? grin

That's exactly what I'm carrying, too, these days, an Airweight Bodyguard, except IWB with Gold Dot 135 grain "Short Barrel" load.

[Linked Image]
That is one sweet Bodyguard TRH. Goncolo?
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
That is one sweet Bodyguard TRH. Goncolo?
Thanks. I think it's rosewood.
In this area of WI., Kahr P-380 in an EPS Street Combat holster. Once I cross the river into MN the minimum I use is a Kahr P-9 in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express..

Both hide very well under an untucked T-shirt..

I've been rather highly impressed with that EPS holster.
Same as I usually do when off duty, a Glock 19 is most often the choice, plus a spare mag:

[Linked Image]
I carry a rattlesnake in my left cargo pocket, and a spare viper in the right.

In reality, colt detective special or MP9c.

I can conceal either under a t-shirt.

1911 full size in 45 Super that'll leave a mark
Originally Posted by Redneck
In this area of WI., Kahr P-380 in an EPS Street Combat holster. Once I cross the river into MN the minimum I use is a Kahr P-9 in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit Express..

I see you know your gun leather. For concealing a non-IWB holster, it�s been my experience that they conceal best the higher you can get them above the belt. Both of your choices do that VERY well, and I�ll bet they carry very comfortably. From time to time I carry my Colt�s Cobra in an OWB high ride pancake holster. It does print a bit more than my IWB holsters, but man is it comfy; forget it�s there.

Question about your EPS Combat Holster. Is it small enough to double as a pocket holster in a pinch? (good sized pockets, say Levi�s or Wranglers?). My paddle holster almost pulls that off, but just not quite there.
My all weather carry is a XDS .45 in a IWB N82 Professional with an extra 7 shot clip. The BUG is a LCR .38sp in a De Santis pocket. The knife is a Benchmark folder with a 4.5" blade, a formatable weapon in it's self

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by KevinGibson
Originally Posted by Redneck

I see you know your gun leather. For concealing a non-IWB holster, it�s been my experience that they conceal best the higher you can get them above the belt. Both of your choices do that VERY well, and I�ll bet they carry very comfortably. From time to time I carry my Colt�s Cobra in an OWB high ride pancake holster. It does print a bit more than my IWB holsters, but man is it comfy; forget it�s there.

Question about your EPS Combat Holster. Is it small enough to double as a pocket holster in a pinch? (good sized pockets, say Levi�s or Wranglers?). My paddle holster almost pulls that off, but just not quite there.
I think it could - with the right handgun...

Here's a pic w/tape.. (It's also 5" lengthwise)

[Linked Image]
do you find the n82 bulky, and increasing print, due to the clip being placed on the thickest part of the package?

want to like those and try one, but ime, what attaches to the belt is best done fore or aft of the actual holster.

appreciate you guys that have n82's sounding off on this
do you find the n82 bulky, and increasing print, due to the clip being placed on the thickest part of the package?

want to like those and try one, but ime, what attaches to the belt is best done fore or aft of the actual holster.

appreciate you guys that have n82's sounding off on this

No, not bulky at all. I have several other IWB holsters including a very popular style with two clips. They are not being used anymore since I acquired my N82 Tactical.

The back of the clip lays flush with the holster and pivots to adjust the angle. It DOES NOT add thickness to the holster, in fact the unit is very thin and rides high against your body like an extra layer of skin. It does not print with an untucked T-shirt. Here is an edge view of my XDS .45

[Linked Image]
99% of the time its my Kahr PM909 w/+P+ 115, or my S&W Model 38 Airweight...110gr in my front pocket...comforting to have your hand on your life saver in any situation with out notice
I have a Ruger LCP in my front pocket unless I'm in bed. I carry my Kimber TLE in a MS VMII as much as I can. G20 under my chair.
Thank you for that response, just the info I was seeking.

my wife may be sending you a bill! blush
Glock 19 in a G-Code
Depending on clothing, I alternate between a Kahr CM9 and Springfield Armory XDs .45, typically in an under-shirt shoulder rig from Kangaroo Carry or Deep Conceal. At bare minimum... a Ruger LCP in a pocket holster.
© 24hourcampfire