Home
Posted By: RTSJ Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/18/13
Its the Loaded model in 45 Acp. Tell me about it. I don't own a semi and never have. Looking to get a carry/protection for my move to Montana and can snag one up for a steal. All in all i can get in for 500 bucks and it has a holster and 180 rounds of ammo. What say you?

Thanks Roy
its a no brainer....
Posted By: bea175 Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/18/13
Buy it
Only question I have is to why that $500 is still in your wallet.

Great deal for the pistol alone of it isn't hammered to dog chit.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
That is a great buy and a great gun. Buy it before we do.
Posted By: RTSJ Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Comes with three mags, holster and only been fired 14 times. Never even been in the holster. Picking it up on sat.. Appreciate the replies.

Thanks Roy
Posted By: viking Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Want to make a hundred. HeHeHe
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Roy, it should go without saying that your NEXT post had better include a photo of your new Springfield 1911. wink
Here she is. Guy sent me some pics so they are off my phone. I'll get better pics on sat when i pick it up.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Guess not to bad for 500 bucks. Now just to get my 10mm.

Roy

Some guys have all the luck.......... grin

Congrats BTW.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13

I hope you don't get arrested for stealing
Wow, what a nice score!
I had one and used it for several years to win Class A at my action pistol club. Very nice gun and better, in my mind, than the comparable Kimbers.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
night sights, too?

BUY IT!

smile
Yeah, 'cause a 180 rounds of ammo thrown in just wasn't enough to sweeten the deal....... grin
Posted By: boatboy Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Very nice buy

I assume it will be one of your "better buys"
There is something about a blue 1911 that makes it Fonzie Cool
Hank
Posted By: JOG Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Originally Posted by RTSJ
Comes with three clips magazines...

We can't have the owner of a nice 1911 talk like that. wink
Originally Posted by JOG
Comes with three clips magazines...

We can't have the owner of a nice 1911 talk like that. wink

Thanks JOG.. my bad!!! Sorry I'm a pistol virgin. Fixed my post above.

Thanks Roy
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
night sights, too?

BUY IT!

smile

Yes sir. Night sights as well.

Roy
Posted By: JOG Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/19/13
Nice pistol, but you are doubly lucky.

Springfield frames are forged by IMBEL in Brazil. IMBEL is one of the top foundries in the world so no worries. If IMBEL machines the frame to greater than 80% completeness the frame will be marked as made in Brazil. That is the case with the vast majority of 'Loaded' Springfield 1911's.

If the frame is brought to greater than 80% by Springfield in the good old USA then the pistol is marked with a "NM" prefix. I think the NM's are better, some think they are the same. To lots of shooters the NM will command 20% or more in price.

In other words, at that price, you really suck.
Originally Posted by JOG
In other words, at that price, you really suck.

If this thread started on April 1st I'd know it was too good to be true.

I'm really happy for the OP. What a great first step into the 1911 world. smile

And if it turns out he doesn't like 1911s, we ALL know how much he has into the gun! laugh
I'm Still Calling Bs, April 1 Or Not
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

Why?

Roy

Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80

Why?

Roy

Not sure why you would doubt me but anyway here is the ad. I traded a bottomland camo 11/87 that i purchased for 500.00 2 yrs ago.

Great trade for your 11/87 shotgun. (266 views)

06:22 pm, 17 June, 2013
For Trade: Hello, i am looking to trade for a nice like new remington 11/87 semi shotgun i am mostly interested in a 20 guage but mite considder the right 12 guage in one. Shotgun must be camo with the short barrel. I have for trade a like new springfield armory .45 acp 1911, they call this their loaded model because they come from the factory with alot of add-ons and trijacon night sights, this gun has had only 14 rounds shot out of it since i bought it new. You can google springfield loaded 1911 for a bunch of info on them or go right to springfields website. I have over 900.00 dollars invested i got it for a carry gun but have never taken it out of the safe since th day i got it! If you have any interest please contact me here, thanks. Also i am looking for a fairly local trade unless you are willing to close the distance.

Hope this clears me being a liar!!!

Roy
Posted By: 222Rem Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/20/13
Nobody here thinks you're a liar, we're just envious of the SMOKIN' deal you just scored...........and you know how articulate most guys on the 'net are. At the same time most of us are probably happy that you're getting such a great intro into the 1911 world. Doesn't get much easier than the way you're doing it. wink
I have a Springfield Champion LW and its by far the best 1911 Ive ever owned. Accuracy is outstanding. Enjoy it.

Posted By: RTSJ Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/23/13
Picked it up today guys. Its pristine and perfect condition. Now to go see how she shoots. It came with a lefty holster and that just wont work. Gonna sell it in the classifieds and get a right hand one. If anyone needs it let me know. Its a blackhawk. Here are a few pics.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Thanks Roy
Posted By: raybass Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/23/13
Nice snag!
Looks good and the price can't be beat.

Just a note on the blackhawk holster but I would avoid them. They are a decent range holster or for hiking but they have some big weaknesses IMHO. (In no particular order)
#1. the attachment for the belt loop or paddle is weak. It doesn't take much of a pull or an assailant to break the gun and holster off of its attachment.

#2. The locking mechanism is known to be finicky about grit. Lots of reports of them locking up and not releasing the gun.

#3. The way the release works a lot of guys "ride" their trigger finger up the holster body and there have been incidents of AD/ND's.

I have some kydex for my cheaper trail guns but prefer even a decent leather holster over kydex. Kydex inbeds with grit and scratches guns.

My 3 exceptions to my kydex dislike are safariland leg rigs 1 for a 1911, 1 for my Sig 220 SAO and 1 for my Sig 229 all with lights mounted. For a guy who needs to get the gun off his belt due to other gear (LEO, SWAT, etc) they are awesome.
Ive been carrying black hawks for years and never had an issue. I keep it clean and inspect it, along with everything else, often.

Posted By: ppine Re: Springfield Armory 1911. - 06/24/13
Nice gun and a great price. I bought a new Springfiled Armory in ss and with fancy grips this spring. When I got it home I noticed idiot marks from the guy in the gun shop after his inisiting that he take it apart. I took the gun back and traded it for a used Colt mark IV and a couple of hundred dollars. The fit of the Springfield is very precise, like the Kimbers. In contrast the Colts seem loose and sloppy. In field use, I will take my chances with the looser fit of the Colt. It is a philosphical decision.
© 24hourcampfire