Home
Posted By: OSOK Ruger New Blackhawk 44 Special - 07/15/13
I shot this vid recently showing my Ruger New Blackhawk 44 Special - Lipsey's version - blue with 4 3/4" barrel. Talk about a couple of loads and do some shooting.

Thought ya'll might like to see it.

Cool! I am waiting for one in .45 Colt.
Those are nice guns. I had one just like it in stainless but traded it on a 624. Just me, but I have never gotten into single action revolvers. I know, I know....
I'd like one in 45 Colt too. They can also be loaded +P but not like the standard BH. But a 45cal, 250 grain bullet at 1050 fps is plenty of poop.
Posted By: RJM Re: Ruger New Blackhawk 44 Special - 07/15/13
A friend who is "into" .44 Specials bought a 4 5/8" Bisley Flat Top and later a stainless 4 5/8" with the original gripframe...

They shoot well....Bob
The standard BH Bisley is a little too big for my paws. I would like a NM BH Bisley though - prob a 5 1/2" barreled one in 44 Special.
Nice rig OSOK. I bet it would be a blast on some swine.

I just picked up that very configuration this week from my FFL.

blued Ruger Bisley flattop, 44 Special, 5.5" bbl, NIB. I'm assembling brass, dies, and a mold for it. I'll slug the bore this weekend, and see if I have thread choke on the barrel. I may have to fire lap it out.

Feels good in my hand. Very pointable. The trigger is a little mushy though-will have to work on it a bit. I'm keeping this one.

Seyfried shoots the Ruger Bisley flat top 44 Special

I had one. Shot extremely well. Probably shouldn't have sold it like the rest of the stuff I sell.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by OSOK
I'd like one in 45 Colt too. They can also be loaded +P but not like the standard BH. But a 45cal, 250 grain bullet at 1050 fps is plenty of poop.

I ordered one with the 5.5 barrel in 44sp when they were first announced. It has been one of my most accurate non-custom handguns! Every bit as accurate as one of my Bowen Customs, & a David Clemments Custom.

But I probably like my 45 Colt Lipseys Flattop in 45/45acp just a little more because of the dual cylinders & having the capability of 2 great calibers. My 45 Flattop is the stainless version & has the 5.5 barrel also.
My Buddy lucked out and found one of the Bisley Flattop .44 Specials at Cabelas. For some reason, I just can't seem to talk him out of it cry
© 24hourcampfire