Home
Posted By: Bluedreaux Zombies - 08/16/13
Apparently, they do get people to shooting.

We've got a match coming up next month that I tried to get a friend from work to shoot with me. The match is an all day event with over $40,000 on the prize table. Every shooter will go home with their entry fee in prize table stuff, at least. I asked several times for my friend to sign up and he wasn't ever interested.

But he did sign up for a zombie shoot. He's paying nearly the same fee to shoot at exploding zombie heads and scary looking targets for two hours.

So apparently, the zombie craze is a motivator to get people shooting. I don't get it, but he's genuinely excited about it and I'm excited for him. He even (gasp) went to a range and practiced this week.

I'd always heard folks say that zombies got non-shooters shooting, but had never witnessed it.
Posted By: deflave Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
I am against anything that attracts more shooters.

Travis
Posted By: DocRocket Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
You're against gophers?

Sick bastid.
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Originally Posted by deflave
I am against anything that attracts more shooters.

Travis

You shut up.

While you we're off gallivanting around on vacation I had to handle Pistolero business all by myself.
No seriously. No more. The sport has reached capacity.

Travis
Posted By: ColdCase1984 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Exactly! My AO overrun wif dipshits open-carrying Walther 99Qs, waitin in lines for .22 LR @ Wally Whirl. Talkin trash about double-taps, Constitution and Barry Gone Wild. Frickin' Newby Poseurs! laugh
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Travis is just pissed of cause his N-Farme 10mm ain't got enough velocity for killin Zombies!
I'd give $500 for that worthless POS handgun with taped on orange grips and all cool
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Well for some more exciting news along those lines, the new issue of Zombie Nation is out. Don't know yet if it will live up to the first one.
Posted By: pira114 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
I've always been a zombie movie fan. But this zombie craze in the shooting sports is getting old.
Posted By: rifle Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Mindset and attitude with create the action and reaction....
the bloodline of retail....
Posted By: RWL99 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Do they use Hornady's ZOMBIE MAX ammo? crazy
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Travis is just pissed of cause his N-Farme 10mm ain't got enough velocity for killin Zombies!
I'd give $500 for that worthless POS handgun with taped on orange grips and all cool

They're yellow...

Travis
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

They're yellow...

Travis

With them being yellow I'll go $505.
Has a Bowen rear sight too...

That's gotta be worth at least 6 bucks.

Travis
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Was that ballistic duct tape on them? How can you put a price on that?
After I ordered them, I set them on the counter. My lab found them and used them for a chew toy.

I had to improvise, but they're quite comfy.

Travis
Posted By: eh76 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
I'm surprised you didn't use blue tape..... whistle
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13

Blue tape scares the deer
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I'd always heard folks say that zombies got non-shooters shooting, but had never witnessed it.

I think it's appealing to young people. I think it also serves as a good justification for the closet wannabe gun owners moving in PC circles to justify owning a gun. "It's just for zombies, really."
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
I fail to see how its really any different than cowboy action shooting. Its an excuse for people to have fun nothing more nothing less
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I fail to see how its really any different than cowboy action shooting. Its an excuse for people to have fun nothing more nothing less

Yes, but it is interesting to see the media's effect on everything.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Zombies - 08/16/13
The same can be said for the cowboy game. Look at all the weaterns from the fifties and sixties. Nothing wrong with it and it looks like fun
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Zombies - 08/17/13
Shooting zombies is fun. Just before you pull the trigger holler out:

"Hey amigo! How about a little Glock-a-moley? "
Posted By: DMc Re: Zombies - 08/17/13
Zombieitus is contagious. We've got zombie turtles in our pond now. Hollowpoints are a must! Need to explode the fuggin bastids.

Contrary to Flave, the more shooters the merrier. More great prices on rare guns when they sell em!!!!!

DMc
Posted By: pira114 Re: Zombies - 08/17/13
Originally Posted by jwp475

Blue tape scares the deer

Epic
Posted By: deflave Re: Zombies - 08/17/13
jwp is a wise man.

Travis
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: Zombies - 08/17/13
Originally Posted by DMc
Zombieitus is contagious. We've got zombie turtles in our pond now. Hollowpoints are a must! Need to explode the fuggin bastids.

DMc

Nah, .44 250gr Keith @ 1000 or so is instant death (redeath?). Or so I've heard whistle
© 24hourcampfire