Home
Posted By: Gibby Colt 01070CQB -- I thought so! - 04/29/14
The Colt 2013 price list had the CQBP listed as 45 Super caliber. I never did Email Colt to ask them about it. I see the 2014 price list has the correction.

I am going to get one of these.
If you can manage to get a 01070CQB Colt that has the "USMC" rollmark on it, without needing to mortgage your house, jump on it. After 1 May 14, they will no longer have the "USMC" rollmark. It will be interesting to see how the market for both the "USMC" marked models, and the non-USMC marked versions, trend.
Originally Posted by Gibby
The Colt 2013 price list had the CQBP listed as 45 Super caliber. I never did Email Colt to ask them about it. I see the 2014 price list has the correction.

I am going to get one of these.
Yeah, I just don't see Colt paying royalties on the Super cartridge.
Yeah, it just complicates things. I am looking at this gun as a durable sidearm on the farm at night. I have enough "collectible" 1911's.

Having the Marine rollmark would be good, but not necessary. I would not pay much extra for it. I am still recovery from the Wilson Hunter purchase. But if I find one--it's mine. It has a lot of features I like. Plus all the Colt Customs I have are great shooters. Being a shooter is first and foremost for me.
My USMC Colts will not be shot. No need to. I have a two-tone Colt Rail Gun with a Viridian X5L green laser/light combo on it. Makes an awesome bedside gun, IMHO. If I lived on a farm, I believe I would have an M4 close to hand, instead! grin My next 1911 will probably be either the Ed Brown Special Forces with the stealth gray GenIII finish, or a Colt SCG Carry model. Probably depend on which one I can get my hands on first. A friend of mine has that same Ed Brown, and he allows it's a pretty good gun, but the trigger still isn't as good as a Wilson. grin
I have a lot of 1911's. Including EB's and LB's and lots of Custom shop Colts, but that Wilson is in a leagued of it's own.

Everybody should have one. Worth saving up for.

Not too fancy, but my "ranch rifle" I keep in the truck is a really nice 30cal carbine (Winchester). It has served me well.
© 24hourcampfire