Home
Posted By: Shag Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
Anyone shoot Tul Ammo? Just noticed they use steel cases in the cheap 9mm stuff. just breaking in my 9 looking for cheap stuff that shoots good. Anyway, thanks
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
all of the commie steel cased stuff shoots dirty, but it always goes BANG. As with anything else, you get what you pay for.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
all of the commie steel cased stuff shoots dirty,

You're being kind........the Tul stuff is REALLY dirty & gritty, too.

The Wolf stuff is not good, but is better, IME.

MM
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
only have tried it in a rifle, worked like a charm in .308

new (to me anyway) today was Blazer ammo with brass!

still a pretty decent price too

and as a bonus, over 50 pieces of spent brass someone left at the range for me
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
Shag.

Being where your AO is doesn't any of your local guys sell the Washougal Ammo saami soec reloads. Local buddy sells them for $60 for 250 at his shop. That comes out to $12/50 which is as cheap as I have seen in a long time.

I've probably burned 10k or better of theirs in several calibers without a single problem. Their 9mm has always been superb.

In fact 500 RDS of 9mm, 500 RDS of .45 and 1k of 223 is sitting in my garage to be burned up tomorrow at my bachelor party.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
it ain't enuff........
Posted By: MallardAddict Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
Hunts,

That's just what I am bringing to feed my guns. There will be plenty more guns and ammo in attendance.

Hell there will likely be more rimfire burned the. Centerfire and that crap is getting hard to find.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
all of the commie steel cased stuff shoots dirty, but it always goes BANG. As with anything else, you get what you pay for.

I bought some Tula 380 to break in my Khar 380 and only about half of 'em would fire. Only malfunctions I ever had with that gun.
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Tul Ammo - 07/12/14
User error!
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Tul Ammo - 07/13/14
I use their primers a lot and have had great success with them..
Posted By: 22250rem Re: Tul Ammo - 07/13/14
I've run a lot of Tula and Wolf ammo through my Glock 19 with no problems or complaints. Mostly Wolf but they both are pretty much the same IME. Put a lot of 7.62x39 from both companies through a couple different SKS's; no failures to fire or any other funny business. I've chronograhed both and they are almost identical velocity and accuracy-wise. I've also had good luck with Tula L.R. primers in other stuff.
Posted By: Shag Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14
I'll be looking into info MA. Thanks
Posted By: Boococky Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee

I bought some Tula 380 to break in my Khar 380 and only about half of 'em would fire. Only malfunctions I ever had with that gun.

WHAT? A KAHR? No freakin way! You need a glock 42 and some training. No other gun on earth will work. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows an expert gunsmith and KAHRS ARE SCHIT. smirk
Posted By: Boococky Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14
Originally Posted by Shag
Anyone shoot Tul Ammo? Just noticed they use steel cases in the cheap 9mm stuff. just breaking in my 9 looking for cheap stuff that shoots good. Anyway, thanks

Never had a single issue with Tulammo.....Have shot thousands of rounds of .223, .45, 9mm, & .380. Shoots well, it is dirty, but I keep my guns clean so it's not an issue.

BTW, the .223 and .45 cases are boxer primed and can be reloaded wink
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14

strange. Commie ammo usually has hard primers. Maybe it's your gun?
Posted By: MontanaCreekHunter Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14
Originally Posted by Boococky

WHAT? A KAHR? No freakin way! You need a glock 42 and some training. No other gun on earth will work. I know a guy who knows a guy who knows an expert gunsmith and KAHRS ARE SCHIT. smirk

LMAO
Posted By: FlyingDog Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14

FKIA
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14
Not all of it. The Wolf brand seems to be much cleaner than the rest IME. 9mm is fairly clean and the 7.62x39 is by far the cleanest 7.62x39 of ANY brand, that includes Lapua. Last 100 rounds I put through my AK when I looked down the bore, I couldn't find any evidence it had even been fired; I was rather amazed.

Tula on the other hand is pretty dirty stuff, like everything is loaded with the old formulation Unique powder.
Posted By: Take_a_knee Re: Tul Ammo - 07/14/14

When Glock comes out with a single-stack 9mm I'll get in line for it. And stop buying up all the powder at Sportsmans Whorehouse you kokksukker.
© 24hourcampfire