Home
Posted By: kaywoodie New revolver - 08/28/14
Friends,

Many who know me, know I'm not much of a handgun shooter. Sure I have a few old worn our relics. But for the most part, I'm a long gun fellow. However, week before the Quemado gathering an older lady and her older kids brought in a rather eclectic hodge podge of firearms to sell. ( Astra 600 and Parabellum P-08 were loaded). And the MP28 ( or 18??? I'm not up on my early SMG's) was apparently operational. But that's another story for another time.

What I got out of the deal was this;

[Linked Image]

Webley #1 Royal Irish Constibulary in .450 Adams. I just couldn't pass it up!
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New revolver - 08/28/14
Pretty slick, my friend. I think it has panache.

Good acquisition, in my opinion.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: New revolver - 08/28/14
Now, just need a bit of extra time from somewhere to manufacture a cartridge or two. wink
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New revolver - 08/28/14
"Cattergizz" as my Granddaddy called them, are highly important.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Friends,

Many who know me, know I'm not much of a handgun shooter. Sure I have a few old worn our relics. But for the most part, I'm a long gun fellow. However, week before the Quemado gathering an older lady and her older kids brought in a rather eclectic hodge podge of firearms to sell. ( Astra 600 and Parabellum P-08 were loaded). And the MP28 ( or 18??? I'm not up on my early SMG's) was apparently operational. But that's another story for another time.

[Linked Image]

Those old Webley forty-fives are way cool. I always admire them when I see them in the movies about those bygone days. Zulu comes to mind.
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Well, that would be one cartridge I have not handloaded. smile
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
"Get down Eden!"

[Linked Image]

Patrick, apparently they are not that hard to construct. It's just finding the time.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hotload Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image]

TRH - you just scored 100 points on the all time great Labor Day weekend movie scoreboard ... ZULU
Posted By: shameless Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Yeah,as I recall,"Quigley"wasn't much for handguns either. wink
Posted By: Son_of_the_Gael Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
"Get down Eden!"

[Linked Image]

That guy did real well for about 4 rounds as I recall.

One of my favorite movies.

"What need I of guns that fire many times when I have men such as these?"

"Machine guns?"

"Well perhaps I don't believe it either."

Posted By: safariman Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Great grab, sir! The lines on those Webleys are mega cool, and look to me like they would be pretty natural to point and shoot with.

You might try the old Western Scrounger for ammo. A google search would probably turn some up already loaded and ready to go.

Best of luck, and I hope we get a firing/range report back someday.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Friends,

[Linked Image]

Okay so I'm trying to recall this from memory (and I don't have a good memory anymore). I made 2 boxes of .450 Adams cartridges for a friend about 20 years ago. IIRC I used cut down .45 Colt cases and didn't have to do anything to the cases but we did have to turn down a .45 ACP crimp die to crimp the bullets.

I used a 260 grain cast RNFP (RCBS 45-250-FN) that was sized to .451 to match the cylinders. I had always been told that the .450 Adams revolvers were .455, but when I slugged the barrel the diameter was .449, so I sized accordingly.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: New revolver - 08/29/14
Thanks Gungeek, that's just about ditto what I've been able to determine as well!
Posted By: Clarkm Re: New revolver - 09/05/14
[Linked Image]
I was in Lynnwood Guns [before Randy died] and a guy came in with guns he inherited from his grandfather.
© 24hourcampfire