Home
Just got an email from Ruger showing off their LCRx model with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights. It'll never be as classy as a S&W J-frame but the SA mode and adjustable sights in a 16 oz. handgun make it a real viable kit gun. I like the extended grip as well. .38 +P so far but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it come out in .22 fairly soon.

http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

[Linked Image]
That gun is way overdue. It'll sell.
I just can not get past the plastic. Seems wrong on a revolver, but I know it works and is proven.
Id like to see a 22 WMR version.
They will sell a scad of them. DEFINITELY hoping they make the same think in 22 LR.
Well one thing is for certain, Ruger has never spent any time and money trying to make an attractive revolver. That thing is ugly even by Ruger's standards.

RS
Originally Posted by smithrjd
I just can not get past the plastic. Seems wrong on a revolver, but I know it works and is proven.

Me to. Birch bark canoes rule as well smile
If they make an 8-shooter in .22 LR I would Definately buy one. Ruger always does things ass backwards.

On the other hand, it would Definately make a great house gun for home protection for a woman.
Adjustable sights! I want one and another in the aforementioned .22 8 shot. Depending on the trigger.

Ella
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If they make an 8-shooter in .22 LR I would Definately buy one. Ruger always does things ass backwards.

On the other hand, it would Definately make a great house gun for home protection for a woman.

Heck, they've already gone two better than that, and it's metal not plastic.

[Linked Image]
Interesting for sure. A 38 just under one pound and with adjustable sights. If it is reasonably accurate it could be even better than a .22 mag because one could reload for the same or less than buying most 22 mag ammo. A nice small game getter to carry while hunting. Punch a hole without messing up much meat.
I think it's perfect - I need one!
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
Interesting for sure. A 38 just under one pound and with adjustable sights. If it is reasonably accurate it could be even better than a .22 mag because one could reload for the same or less than buying most 22 mag ammo. A nice small game getter to carry while hunting. Punch a hole without messing up much meat.

This. A 38sp makes more sense as a kit gun IMO, for the above reason, esp in light of 22lr shortages.
They would sell the crap out of a .327. Federal version of that model, too!
Holy fuggin' Jesus... They actually listened to my e-mail.

Travis
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Well one thing is for certain, Ruger has never spent any time and money trying to make an attractive revolver. That thing is ugly even by Ruger's standards.

RS

I hear ya! And, I want one! smile
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

That's because your the "Moderator" wink
I would buy one of those in 22, 22 Mag, or 357 Mag. I'd be surprised if they sold many in 38 special. Frankly I don't see a market for it in 38 special.
I just threw up in my mouth a little (and I bought a Ruger today). One of these sure looks a lot better.

[Linked Image]

According to the Ruger site it does come in 22LR. MSRP of $529
^ nope. Only 3" with adj sights is the .38
Originally Posted by K1500
^ nope. Only 3" with adj sights is the .38

That is correct!!
Posted By: JOG Re: Ruger makes a nice .38 kit gun - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by K1500
I just threw up in my mouth a little (and I bought a Ruger today). One of these sure looks a lot better.

I'm gonna wait for the Laser grip/picatinny rail version.

How about a 5 shot .44 Special?

I definitely would buy a .22 LR with adjustable sights. I must say that the way the rear sight hangs over the rear of the .38 looks like it would be susceptible to being damaged.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
They would sell the crap out of a .327. Federal version of that model, too!

That's what I'm thinkin'.
I want one!!!!!

I guess I better get a .357 WC mold! smile
Posted By: RJM Re: Ruger makes a nice .38 kit gun - 11/25/14
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

...that Travis is true Fugliness...you should be forced to trade in your 97 on one of these straight across...

Bob
I schit you not I sent the CEO an e-mail a couple months ago telling him to make this. Only I told him 4" barrel and offer it in everything. Which I am sure they will after these things sell like crazy.

Ruger done good.

Travis
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
...I definitely would buy a .22 LR with adjustable sights. I must say that the way the rear sight hangs over the rear of the .38 looks like it would be susceptible to being damaged.

That was my thought as well looking at the pic in my first post above, but here is the picture that came with the email. From these angles the sight looks a bit more robust, it is protected by the standard Ruger "ears" like on their other revolvers.

This thing is definitely fugly, but then for a fellow raised on classic S&W and Colts the first Ruger Security Sixes looked pretty blocky and ugly.

I'll give Ruger credit for innovation even if not so much for setting the bar on style wink , they aren't afraid to try new things.

[Linked Image]
Didn't think it was possible, but Ruger has proven someone could out ugly the H&R 733.
I thought the LCR's were really fuggin' stupid.

Until I bought one.

Travis
kit gun

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They haven't acknowledged this, but I believe it is a joint venture. The original name for the offering was Glokolver.

I'm sure they would be a great kit gun...

But LCR and Butt Ugly can be used interchangeably!

YMMV,

Jerry

Looks to me like a home run for Ruger! I fail to see anything ugly about this new revolver.
Originally Posted by Bristoe
kit gun

[Linked Image]
WAAAY too pretty.
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Just got an email from Ruger showing off their LCRx model with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights. It'll never be as classy as a S&W J-frame but the SA mode and adjustable sights in a 16 oz. handgun make it a real viable kit gun. I like the extended grip as well. .38 +P so far but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it come out in .22 fairly soon.

[Linked Image]
Looks perfect for a kit gun. A kit gun ought to be ugly, because it's going to get that way eventually.
If it has fairly good trigger, I don't really care what it looks like.
LCR triggers are UBER.

Travis
This makes a good kit gun.

Found it down at Bud's a few months back. 9 shot .22,...46 years old and looks brand new. I don't know why somebody would make an H&R revolver a safe queen, but somebody did,...and it's quite a shooter, believe it or not.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They just WORK!
Bristoe, you must have big kits.
Oh,..not really. The pictured Police Positive .32 is a tiny little revolver,..much smaller than a J frame S&W.

The H&R has a 6" barrel but it's a fairly small framed revolver.
A quick review is on Gunblast for those who are interested.
Thanks for the heads up. wink

http://www.gunblast.com/Ruger-LCRx.htm

One of these in .22lr would be the cat's azz, but not if they're going to make it a magnum convertible with a magnum-sized bore.
I think the 22LR version is coming soon.

And they'll outsell Smiths by a country mile.

Travis
I'll Definately buy one of the .22 LR versions, and a .327 Fed if Ruger is smart enough to make one!
© 24hourcampfire