Home
Which 44 Magnum would you choose with the 7-1/2" barrel?

Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag or Ruger Super Redhawk 44 Mag
super, just for the trigger system.
Super, just for the grip frame.
If your going to scope it, I'd say the Super Redhawk. For open sights carry and hunting, I prefer just the plain old Redhawk.
Originally Posted by scouttracker

I personally don't know why the Super Redhawk was ever built. When the Redhawk came out, I think it was the strongest 44 Mag. handgun made. I'd definitely go with the Redhawk. I've owned two or three and they were good guns.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
If your going to scope it, I'd say the Super Redhawk. For open sights carry and hunting, I prefer just the plain old Redhawk.

This is your answer.
And, I just like the looks of the regular model better. To each his own......

[Linked Image]
Redhawk hands down
Had a Redhawk, don't miss it. Either is more sixgun than I want in a .44Mag. The .480 Super is not the best lookin' sixgun but it's staying.

Of the two, the Redhawk. Of the three, a Smith M29.
Originally Posted by scouttracker

The SRH has a much improved trigger system and is by far the better platform for scope mounting. The RH has more eye appeal IMHO.
Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

This is your answer.

It's not a real problem to scope a Redhawk. Weigand Rail and it now has the 3-Ring Weigand rings, no gunsmithing. Very accurate with Alliant MP-300 and Beartooth 300 grain LCMN DCG bullets at 1.725". I could probably get better accuracy at 1.775", but I have two SuperBlackhawks I'm feeding the same load to.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by jwp475
The SRH has a much improved trigger system and is by far the better platform for scope mounting. The RH has more eye appeal IMHO.

I agree wholeheartedly. My particular SRH also seemed to be slightly more accurate, possibly the trigger?
I've been a happy and satisfied SRH owner for 20+ years.
Hamilton Bowen does a nifty conversion of the Super that lets you end up with the look of a Redhawk and the superior grip of the Super.

'Spensive but very nice!
i've had both in 44 and a red in 41 which i still have.Looks are definetly redhawk but i could shoot the super much better.converted the super to 500 linebaugh.

[img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Based on looks and refinement, I vote 29/629. Sorry! I really think you cannot go wrong with either, so you should handle both and go with your gut.
Super, lighter, better trigger, more accurate and for me a more comfortable grip.

One of the few factory revolvers that with some load work will yield moa accuracy, and it'll also handle a life time of full patch mag ammo.
© 24hourcampfire