Home
I'd be adding this to my collection.
And if I had money to burn I'd be bidding against you. That's sweet.
Posted By: derby_dude Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
WOW!
Pretty cool that the box survived all this time. I'd sure like to know the full story of that gun.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
You could sell 5 of those gold coins you threw under the mattress when they were $300 a piece. wink
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
I've never understood the appeal of a gun that is in such good condition and and hence so valuable the owner won't shoot it.

Then again I've never understood owning guns just to have them vs. having them to shoot them.
Posted By: RWE Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I'd sure like to know the full story of that gun.

know the full story.

ironic.
Posted By: RWE Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Then again I've never understood owning guns just to have them vs. having them to shoot them.

Kind of like buying two 80 dollar Nagant Revolvers 5 years ago, and never taking the cosmoline off....

I guess some folks consider them investments..
I've never understood the appeal of a gun that is in such good condition and and hence so valuable the owner won't shoot it.

I can relate.
Posted By: desertoakie Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
That seller (wimer) is notoriously over-priced.
Originally Posted by desertoakie

Yep Yep YEP

$6,000 and the grips aren't even numbered to the gun! Some of the niche .44 specials are outrageously expensive, IMHO. I'd rather have a Registered Magnum even if I had to spend a few thousand more for a comparable package. Or, 8-10 flat latch J frames sounds nice too. Maybe three K22 Outdoorsman? Two or three five screw .44 magnums?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
^^^^^ +1

Often to the point of being ridiculous.
So far, no bidders.
Posted By: eh76 Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
So far, no bidders.

No kidding..... crazy
Posted By: GunGeek Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
I'd be adding this to my collection.
You and me both, that's just stunning.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14

I can relate.

me too, money in the bank
Posted By: EdM Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/02/14
Better than gold. smile
Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/03/14
I will agree that one's a rare survivor, and $3-4k would not surprise me, but for $6k one can find a Registered Magnum, and enjoy shooting it:

http://www.collectorsfirearms.com/smith-wesson-registered-magnum-357-magnum-pr27579/#.VH6G41MvhXE

Collectors is a huge LGS in Houston, and they aren't cheap, either!
Posted By: CraigC Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/03/14
George Wimer has some really nice stuff and he does occasionally actually sell something but he's notoriously, grossly overpriced. He's an a-s-s-h-o-l-e to boot.
Originally Posted by CraigC
George Wimer has some really nice stuff and he does occasionally actually sell something but he's notoriously, grossly overpriced.
I guess a man has a right to ask his price. No one is forced to pay it.
Posted By: leomort Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/03/14
For 6K, I'd rather buy a nice over/under shotgun. Or since this is posted in handgun forum, a nice custom 1911.
Posted By: CraigC Re: If I Had Money To Burn - 12/03/14
Originally Posted by CraigC
George Wimer has some really nice stuff and he does occasionally actually sell something but he's notoriously, grossly overpriced.
I guess a man has a right to ask his price. No one is forced to pay it.

True enough!

Hello
And his Gun percentages' are way off. That gun has been shot look close at the extractor tube it show's wear and there is lead and Powder residue around the barrel forcing cone area where it meet's the frame. it is not a True 100 % Gun he is way over priced as well. Regards, The General
© 24hourcampfire