Home
Posted By: RWL99 What is it about holsters - 06/04/15
That keeps you buying more?..... I have way more holsters than I have guns and I keep buying more. IWB and OWB I wear one for awhile and then switch to another. Is it the search for the perfect holster or is it just an itch that needs to be scratched? Am I the only one with this affliction. crazy
Posted By: 4ager Re: What is it about holsters - 06/04/15
You ain't alone.

Figured you'd just slip the short gun in your waist sash and call it good. It'd ride well there, along the 'hawk and long knife.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: What is it about holsters - 06/04/15
$20 for safety's sake and you are good to go.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: What is it about holsters - 06/04/15
As "real" holsters go, I am down to one design now, the Milt Sparks Criterion. If I stop buying guns I can stop buying holsters.
Your not alone Ron! I think its the hunt for the Holster of all Holsters!
So...

Which one is the 270 of holsters

and

Which one is the 30-06 of holsters???
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: What is it about holsters - 06/04/15

You've got more than one pair of shoes, don'tcha?
Posted By: Scott F Re: What is it about holsters - 06/04/15
Originally Posted by tjm10025

You've got more than one pair of shoes, don'tcha?

You have shoes? grin
Originally Posted by bcolorado
So...

Which one is the 270 of holsters

and

Which one is the 30-06 of holsters???

The Blackhawk Serpa is the 270 of all holsters.

The fobus is the 30-06 of holsters.
I rarely buy a holster these days, as all my needs are met. Between the Bruce Nelson designed 55 BN,which is an OWB rig by Milt Sparks, and one of their various IWB rigs I am covered.

For large bore revolvers, I've never found a holster I like better than the 200 AW by Sparks, with input from Elmer Keith.
Posted By: EdM Re: What is it about holsters - 06/05/15
When I lived in Houston I used to drop by Collectors Firearms weekly as it was on the way to my office. They used to have a barrel filled with holsters and slings from used guns they the bought. I probably bought 25 holsters over the years there for $10 - $15 a pop. Many were bought for guns I did not own. Over the years since many of those holsters have found their matching gun...
Posted By: RJM Re: What is it about holsters - 06/05/15
It is a sickness and I have the plague...
Chomping at the bit to get my 4 new El Paso belts and 2 holsters.

They're telling me Monday at the latest.
I've even resorted to buying LEFT handed holsters (I am right-handed) just to be able to have the option of carrying 2 at a time!
© 24hourcampfire