Home
Ordered 2 gunbelts and 2 dress gunbelts from bullets.com when they had their sale on El Paso Saddlery gear. No holsters I could use.

Ended up buying these 2 Tom Threeperson's from Buyholsters.com for a bit more $$, but at least they had exact LH models I wanted and their customer service was great in getting EP rolling.

[Linked Image]

FYI- .45 is snug. K-frame is tight.

Thinking I might wrap the K-frame in a handkerchief and try to stretch that holster a tad.
I was fortunate to be able to get my initial two holsters from Bullets.com, a tanker holster for a Glock 17, and a Street combat holster for a Glock 19.

A few weeks later, I ordered a couple more and received them as well, a rough side out, Inside the pants holster for a Smith J frame, and a hip holster for a Sig P226.

Overall, I am very pleased with the holsters I received.
CT, good going. I would have taken a J-frame holster and probably something for my larger 9mm's, too. But, no LH models available.

Seeing a couple EP J-frame holsters on fleabay, but no LH so far.

I'd say you scored big on the tanker and street for your Glocks.

I got one from bullets.com for my Glock 22 an El Paso Dual Duty, very pleased with the holster and bullets.com.
My wife bought me an El Paso Saddlery lefty crossdraw for a 6.5" Blackhawk 41 mag many years ago. It still gives good service.

[Linked Image]
That's a nice looking holster, mart. Looks like it's had some good times in the woods.
Its been carried a mile or two.
You'll enjoy those.
I've carried this one around the place a lot.

[Linked Image]
Look nicely done!
Very nice! I never get tired of seeing El Paso holsters...
Originally Posted by LarryfromBend
You'll enjoy those.
I've carried this one around the place a lot.

[Linked Image]

That's a nice looking rig, Larry.. And it's correct handed, too. smile
BTW- left the .357 in the holster for several days and it stretched out nicely. Still just a bit tight at the snap.
Originally Posted by local_dirt
BTW- left the .357 in the holster for several days and it stretched out nicely. Still just a bit tight at the snap.

Tight snap is a good thing. This was the first Three Persons that EPS built for the Beretta Cheetah and the strap was loose. I shimmed it with leather.

[Linked Image]
I've collected a fair pile of EPS gear over the years (I love the Threepersons and Tanker), but have always done it the hard way through EPS. I just placed an order through Bullets, which helped bring my overall cost average down a little. Better late never I guess.

Thanks for posting this thread BTW.
Originally Posted by mtcurman
Very nice! I never get tired of seeing El Paso holsters...

I gotta take some pics of the rig I bought for the Flattop. Downstream would be proud.

Travis
[Linked Image]
Travis, that's 1 of only 2 models that Bullets.Com had for lefties!

Nice holster.
I love it. Wish I bought it a long time ago.

Travis
Originally Posted by deflave
[Linked Image]

Schweeet! Nash has the same rig.... Is that the money belt?
I think it's called the Western.

Travis
As much as it will pain you to learn...............it's called the "Texan" grin

I've got a couple of 'em for my Flattops and Bisleys, and recently bought the money belt for my little Rossi '92 since it comes with even more loops than the Texas belt.

That Duke holster looks great. I've keep buying the Threepersons, but have wanted to try the Duke #44. It will probably get the nod on the next order.

Travis

I'm not sure what his is called, all I know is it looks very good, and it's hefty. I wish El Paso made .22 ca'tridge belts..... That would be UBER.
Originally Posted by mtcurman

Travis

I'm not sure what his is called, all I know is it looks very good, and it's hefty. I wish El Paso made .22 ca'tridge belts..... That would be UBER.

It's called the "TEXAS" belt, and I'd love to have one in .22LR also.

LINK
Flave,
It's not a Texan. I looked at this holster.. a lot. Hear it's well lined and very smooth. Problem was, they only had it in New Vaquero/Colt SAA (thinner) for lefties. I wanted it for my Old Vaquero.

On EPS site, it's under Western style holsters.
Half-Breed.
Not "Texan".

Someone's grinding your balls.
"Schweeet! Nash has the same rig.... Is that the money belt?"

I was referring to the belt, not the holster, in answer to the quote above.

The holster used to be part of the "Duke rig", but is now called the "#44 outfit."

Yeah, rem. That's how they make mo money. They try to cornfuse you.

BTW- the Duke rig isn't the "real" Duke rig from the movie. That one was specially made for John Wayne for that picture. If you check the pics and video (don't waste your time. I already did.), it's not exactly the same.

Good schit, though. Just have to wade through the advertising to get to the meat.
Yeah, I did the research on the Duke rig also. Bianchi even made one years ago. EPS makes one called the "shootist" which looks much closer to what JW used, but still isn't quite right either. EPS claims JW used their holster, but not has never provided any documentation.

My only reservation on the Duke/#44 holster is the trigger guard area. The design appears to be most suited to the slimness of a true SAA, not the Blackhawk. It seems like their mold gun might be a SAA. For other guns like a S&W DA, the trigger guard will again seat inside the holster some.

Probably knitpickin', but that's one reason I keep ordering the Threepersons instead. The other is my reservation of going too western. Otherwise I'd love some of their full blown cowboy rigs like the Cheyenne, 1880, 1890, or floral carved 1930 Austin.
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Yeah, I did the research on the Duke rig also. Bianchi even made one years ago. EPS makes one called the "shootist" which looks much closer to what JW used, but still isn't quite right either. EPS claims JW used their holster, but not has never provided any documentation.

My only reservation on the Duke/#44 holster is the trigger guard area. The design appears to be most suited to the slimness of a true SAA, not the Blackhawk. It seems like their mold gun might be a SAA. For other guns like a S&W DA, the trigger guard will again seat inside the holster some.

Probably knitpickin', but that's one reason I keep ordering the Threepersons instead. The other is my reservation of going too western. Otherwise I'd love some of their full blown cowboy rigs like the Cheyenne, 1880, 1890, or floral carved 1930 Austin.

Bianchi -- Now Frontier Gunleather -- still makes the Duke. Half Breed style holster and rough-out belt. Along with the Paladin, Arness, Eastwood, etc ... Beautiful work.
222Rem was correct. It is called the Texas Belt.

It's in the trash now.

Travis

It's in the trash now.

Travis

I'll dispose of it properly if you wouldn't mind digging it out of the trash.

It's in the trash now.

Travis

My mistake. I was referring to the holster, not the belt.

Cheers,
LD

It's in the trash now.

Travis

You should probably ship me that holster for my Flattop before you notice the fine print on the stamping and throw it out too. grin
I threw them both in a wood chipper.

Starting over.

Travis
Originally Posted by 222Rem

I assure you EPS will use whatever mold gun is appropriate. They're not going to use a SAA mold if you order it for a Blackhawk.
OK, fair enough. I own a fair number of their goods, and have also studied all the photos I can dig up on the 'net. If you compare the way Travis' Flattop sits in his holster vs. the way a Colt does, hopefully you'll see what I'm referring to. The Flattop's trigger guard is completely outside the holster like it would be in a Threepersons. A Colt SAA rides lower, which I'd assume is due to a more narrow trigger guard and/or top strap. I've made the assumption, even if I'm completely wrong, that EPS cuts the leather the same for both gun models, and then molds them with the correct dummy guns. It would save time and effort if they could successfully pull that off, and only obsessives like myself would likely spot the difference.
Compare HERE
© 24hourcampfire