Home
Had her out of the safe and gave her a little rubdown tonight. Also lathered 3 coats of Skidmore's on her leather, too.. Thanks to a good friend out in the WY.

Hope it cools down out there soon, Keith. Be glad to send ya some rain, but you'll have to put up with the thunderboomers and light show. smile

[Linked Image]
No love for a nice Kimber? Snobs. smile
I'll play. Nice shooter. Love the compact 1911's.
Bingo! somebody isn't a snob. smile

I hadn't had this one in my hand in a while and was surprised how light it feels after shooting my govt's a lot lately, even being all steel.
Nice looking piece. I like the 4" barrel length models. If I bought a Kimber it would be a compact.
Yep, as would I.

I love my Commander but that little fistful of dynamite is cool.
Ok,Ok................reliable 1911s of ANY size or caliber make for a fun time shooting. My little Colt 1991A1 Compact (aka steel framed Officer) is one of my favorite little blasters.

I've never walked away from a 1911 shooting session without feeling better about life. Sometimes (ok maybe half the time) I train with handguns strictly to improve my proficiency. I mostly view it like working out at the gym.............a means to an end.

Training with a 1911 is like having a smoking hot college co-ed for a workout partner. smile
Send it to me for evaluation and I will get back to you laugh

Mike
Originally Posted by local_dirt
No love for a nice Kimber? Snobs. smile

Bought this in 95, gets a lot of love. My EDC.

[Linked Image]

25 yard target

[Linked Image]

This is another "Sweetheart" that needs to get out more...

[Linked Image]

Fine shooting there Swifty! Is that your carry load or practice loads?

Mike
Swifty, that's a nice looking piece! What model is that? All steel frame, too? Looks like.
There's just something about that big ass fireball that comes out of a Commander size 1911 that gets your blood running.

Shrap, I lust after that one every time you put it up. Crazy thing is, I think you've got another one, too!

It does have the bigger brother in the M-13, but his one is a smaller frame in a .380 with a .22 LR barrel and slide kit...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Finding those for a decent price are like finding the Holy Grail anymore!

I bet either one of them are fun as hell to shoot.
It's a first year stainless Pro-Carry. Aluminum frame weighs 28 ounces. Series 70 style 4" bushingless barrel. That load is a 200 grain hard cast SWC loaded to max with AA#5, my carry load is a 200 grain XTP which shoots just a tad better.
Very Nice!
Love the compact Kimbers. Mine is a stainless UCII, great shooter and carry gun.
yes very nice piece there.
I love the bushingless bull barrels on the compacts, too.
First 1911 I ever bought was a Kimber Pro Carry. Love that thing, stupid accurate and easy to shoot.
Originally Posted by firstcoueswas80
First 1911 I ever bought was a Kimber Pro Carry. Love that thing, stupid accurate and easy to shoot.

That's why I still have mine. Sent it back to the custom shop in 06 for a tune up as it had 10 K down the tube. Came back just plain sweet. 5 K down the tube since with 0 malfunctions. Not my only 1911, but the one I would depend my life on.
Swifty52,

What is your ammo of choice?
If I shoot factory, its standard Hornady custom 200 grain XTP. Preferred is either a 200 grain hard cast from Missouri Bullet Co., Meister or what ever hard cast(17-20 hardness) is cheaper at the time, 8.7 grains AA#5, or a 200 grain XTP with the same powder charge using a CCI primer. POI is real close between factory and handloads.
My UCII likes Berry plated 200 gr. SWCs.
Originally Posted by Swifty52
If I shoot factory, its standard Hornady custom 200 grain XTP. Preferred is either a 200 grain hard cast from Missouri Bullet Co., Meister or what ever hard cast(17-20 hardness) is cheaper at the time, 8.7 grains AA#5, or a 200 grain XTP with the same powder charge using a CCI primer. POI is real close between factory and handloads.

Swifty, are you conceal carrying with those hardcasts? Or just using them for practice, since POI is close to your factory carry loads?

Just curious, because I've been thinking real hard about making my second backup carry magazines hardcasts.
I have actually Used hard casts for carry. Usually in colder winter months though. I have read many places that HP rounds may not expand due to heavy and/or layered winter garments. True or Not I cant say, but the reasoning was sound to me.

I think that Berrys plated are a pretty good bullet, but I can still get Hard cast lead for a little cheaper, and have also found hard casts to be more effective taking the pins off the table when I shoot Pin matches.
Great info, Swifty. Thanks
© 24hourcampfire