Home
Posted By: RGK New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
With all the food fights here over proper carry guns, I thought it would be a good idea to review my current carry weapons and see if a handgun and leather upgrade would be appropriate. Here's what I came up with. The pocket watch ain't as accurate as my Rolex, but it can double as an impact weapon. Holster is a nice concealable lefty crossdraw. A great pistola for a Texas Sunday morning at Denny's. Frank Hamer would approve.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
That's gonna get you killed ON THE STREETS.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Yep. I carry one at the Ranch almost every day in .45 Colt. Certainly not on the streets, though eek
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
When did they start chambering those in 9mm?
Posted By: SargeMO Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Frank Hamer would approve.

And so do I. Very nice rig.
Posted By: rattler Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

you fool its a hand to hand combat weapon like brass knuckles.....he isnt gonna shoot anyone, just pistol whip them
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Very high in style points! If that is your Denny's gun, what are holding back for barbecues?
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Originally Posted by rattler

you fool its a hand to hand combat weapon like brass knuckles.....he isnt gonna shoot anyone, just pistol whip them

They are damn good for Pistol whippin! Had to use mine to get one of our Angus bulls off Dad once when we were loading them in a stock trailer from one of our small cattle pens.
Posted By: RGK Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Very high in style points! If that is your Denny's gun, what are holding back for barbecues?

This one. It can be touch and go with the crowds at Black's BBQ in Lockhart on a Saturday afternoon. Might need a few extra rounds if something goes down while I'm munching out on the combo plate. With my back to the wall, of course.
Bob

[Linked Image]

laugh
Originally Posted by RGK
Originally Posted by Cheyenne

This one. It can be touch and go with the crowds at Black's BBQ in Lockhart on a Saturday afternoon. Might need a few extra rounds if something goes down while I'm munching out on the combo plate. With my back to the wall, of course.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Just like an 1851 Navy. But different.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

They are damn good for Pistol whippin! Had to use mine to get one of our Angus bulls off Dad once when we were loading them in a stock trailer from one of our small cattle pens.

Posted By: tex_n_cal Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
Originally Posted by RGK
With all the food fights here over proper carry guns, I thought it would be a good idea to review my current carry weapons and see if a handgun and leather upgrade would be appropriate. Here's what I came up with. The pocket watch ain't as accurate as my Rolex, but it can double as an impact weapon. Holster is a nice concealable lefty crossdraw. A great pistola for a Texas Sunday morning at Denny's. Frank Hamer would approve.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Skeeter Skelton told a story of being out javelina hunting, when he got a call of a drug bust. He was then sheriff of the county in question, and joined the bust. He was first to the smuggler's car, and drew his hunting revolver - a Super Blackhawk, then pulled the door open. The guilty party sat perfectly still while Skelton removed a mason jar full of heroin and a .25 automatic from his lap - later admitting he'd planned to shoot it out if arrested, but changed his mind when he saw, "the biggest gun I ever see" grin
Posted By: RGK Re: New Carry Gun - 09/14/15
My beat-down gun. I guess it would do for CQB as well as BBQ.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RJM Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Go over to the S&W Forums and you have 10K people carrying 5-shot J-frames... Go over to the KelTec Forums and there are an equal number carrying .32s and 3ATs...

I'll take a SAA any time...Bob
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by RJM
Go over to the S&W Forums and you have 10K people carrying 5-shot J-frames... Go over to the KelTec Forums and there are an equal number carrying .32s and 3ATs...

I wouldn't carry a Kel Tec to a [bleep] McDonald's and I don't eat at [bleep] McDonald's. A Kel Tec is a [bleep] Safariman Special.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15

It's called a "ladies version" smile Nice looking rig, sir!
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
[img]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JH19-8lFZ5c[/img]
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Your BBQ joint sounds like this place with these guys, or maybe Nuttal & Mann's Saloon.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Originally Posted by RJM

I wouldn't carry a Kel Tec to a [bleep] McDonald's and I don't eat at [bleep] McDonald's. A Kel Tec is a [bleep] Safariman Special.

I was out shooting several weeks ago a couple of colt bisley s.a.a.'s in 38wcf. Both had been used to kill a man once upon a time, among other things.
One i hadn't shot since i was about six. At least four out of five pop cans at over 20yards. I was telling my younger son in law, they are real sweet to draw, quick to point, and you can rapid fire them pretty darn quick if you know how to do it.
I don't think anybody argued much over a 250grain .45slug centerpunched in the chest.
Now if i lived in fergerson or chicago maybe a belt fed rifle would be better.
But i would NEVER underrate the skills of someone proficient with one of those ol hawglegs.
Now for the younger folk, there are those a.k.47 pistols with a 74round drum magazine that kind of get your attention.
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]

"Texas By God!!!"
Posted By: tjm10025 Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15

Splendid. Now to wear some of the new off of it.

Originally Posted by RGK
[Linked Image]
Posted By: GunGeek Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]
Well if that's what you have, it beats being unarmed. Better make each shot count, and I hope you have a good pair of Nike's to back that up.

Super nice revolver, but it wouldn't be my first choice for daily concealed carry.
Posted By: RGK Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

Well if that's what you have, it beats being unarmed. Better make each shot count, and I hope you have a good pair of Nike's to back that up.

Super nice revolver, but it wouldn't be my first choice for daily concealed carry.

I was being a little facetious regarding a new carry weapon...my first choice wouldn't be a minty Colt SAA with ivories. Or my 2nd or 3rd. Below is my usual daily carry, and has been for the last 30 years or so.
Bob

[Linked Image]
Posted By: 4ager Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
That holster speaks volumes.
Posted By: cv540 Re: New Carry Gun - 09/15/15
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]

Need more information, is this a "Nine" or a "Fourty?" eek
Posted By: local_dirt Re: New Carry Gun - 09/16/15
Originally Posted by RGK
Bob

[Linked Image]

That's a nice looking rig, Bob... and a Lefty to boot. I'm all in.
© 24hourcampfire