Home
Posted By: magshooter1 Best laser for Ruger LC9s - 02/08/16
Daughter thinks she wants a laser for her Ruger LC9s. Crimson Trace, Lazerlyte, Lazermax, Veridian? Red or Green? I read where the green may be more visible in daylight? Thoughts, opinions? I have one friend who has CT on his Berreta and likes it a lot. That's about the total of my knowledge at this point. Thanks
Posted By: TC1 Re: Best laser for Ruger LC9s - 02/08/16
Green is more visible in daylight but still only good for a short distance. It also makes a visible line to the source when turned on at night.

My brother in law has a LC9 with a Veridian and I've held one with a Crimson Trace. I don't know which is better but I personally liked the Crimson Trace model better just for the way it activated.

I thought about one for awhile but ended up going with a set of TruGlo TFO (tritium with fiber optics) sights instead. They are a really nice upgrade from the factory ones.
Posted By: T LEE Re: Best laser for Ruger LC9s - 02/08/16
Crimson Trace is the Roll-Royce of lasers for any gun!

Green is good especially for daylight but as noted it is visible to the source in the low light dark scenarios.
I have the CT on my little Taurus TCP738 in .380.

It's a trick unit and like TC1 says, it's easy to activate and use.

I wish I had the green laser though....easier to see in daylight......
Posted By: rondrews Re: Best laser for Ruger LC9s - 02/12/16
I have a LaserMax on my LC9. It was reasonable and fit perfect. It has both a lefthanded and righthanded light switch. In and out of the holster many times and never got accidentally turned on. It needs to be zeroed a bit, but that is no problem. It's only red, but I don't need it in the daytime, so it's just fine.
© 24hourcampfire