Home
Posted By: Jericho Grendel 22 magnum pistol - 07/10/16
Handled one of these recently for the first time. Did some internet surfing and saw good and bad about them. The ones on GUNBROKER are priced high, any of you own one? Regards, Jericho.
Posted By: 4ager Re: Grendel 22 magnum pistol - 07/10/16
Run away. Fast. Piss poor reliability is just the first selling point.
If you want a reliable .22 mag semi-auto, take a look at the Keltec PMR 30.
Posted By: RJM Re: Grendel 22 magnum pistol - 07/10/16
I never bought one because of the fixed rear sight...I then had the opportunity to shoot two of them that on of the club members had at one of the ranges I belonged to...was very impressed. Ran 100% and very accurate.

That said...where you going to get parts if they break...

Bob
For something that's less of a carry option, there's also the Excel Accelerator. It's more like a giant Buck Mark or Ruger MkIII in overall shape, but not nearly as nicely finished. In fact, the one I handled looked like an undergrad engineering exercise as far as the design detailing and manufacturing. Not necessarily poor quality, just not well detailed. It is also available in 5.7x28.

Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Grendel 22 magnum pistol - 07/10/16
Haven't seen one yet, but Rock Island has a new 1911 style pistol in .22 Mag

[Linked Image]
Anyone else bugged by how the RIA guy spends a lot of the video muzzling the NRA guy's chest?

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2016/1/27/new-rock-island-armory-xt-22-mag-1911-pistol/
Posted By: Jericho Re: Grendel 22 magnum pistol - 07/11/16
A 1911 in 22 magnum sounds interesting, a few years ago I saw a Kimber 1911 in 17HM2, only one I have seen.
I guess if you wanted to hunt with it or something. But I can buy .45 for the same price as WMR these days, and the .45 is a heck of a lot easier to find.
© 24hourcampfire