Home
Posted By: Redneck Sig P290RS - 11/29/16
Anyone have one? Like it? Hate it? Gimme.....
Posted By: krupp Re: Sig P290RS - 11/29/16
I luv the quality of the 290. I do have a hard time shooting it without the extended mag which to me defeats the purpose of deep concealment.
Is it better that an Ruger LC9. Yes.
Is it better than a Beretta Nano. Maybe.
Is it better than a Shield. No. They are neck and neck.
Is it better than a Glock 43. No way.
I bought mine when CDNN had them for $300. I doubt if I would pay retail for one and the mags are $40 a pop.

But it is SIG. I purchased it for non-permissive environments and I could not be happier. Great little pistol.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 11/29/16
Thanks for the info.. They come with 2 mags, one 6-rd flush and one 8-rd ext.. Plus, they apparently come with a set of alternate grips to configure to different hands.. Also like the double-strike feature..

Seems like a lot of handgun for well under $400 (I'm not Jewish, but I CAN get 'em wholesale.. ) laugh laugh

I'm thinking of the 9mm version - not the .380.. A bit more oomph if ever needed..

I love the P938 but, at nearly $200 more, I can't really justify it..
Posted By: krupp Re: Sig P290RS - 11/29/16
$400 !!! I have not seen one under $500 around Phoenix.

In a heartbeat for that giveaway price.
Posted By: johnw Re: Sig P290RS - 11/29/16
After handling one I passed on it at a price of ~$300 a couple of years ago. The trigger angle really sucks, for me. I've heard others say the same.

I intended to have one. Reality set in...
Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
Originally Posted by johnw
After handling one I passed on it at a price of ~$300 a couple of years ago. The trigger angle really sucks, for me. I've heard others say the same..
Hmmm..

Thanks for that info - I'll see if I can find one around here that I can actually handle before I order it..
Posted By: CFVA Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
The trigger is the only complaint I have with mine, but I've shot worse and it is what it is. Other than that, I really like it. With the extended mag it's actually fun to shoot. Nice pistol for the money.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
Originally Posted by CFVA
The trigger is the only complaint I have with mine, but I've shot worse and it is what it is. Other than that, I really like it. With the extended mag it's actually fun to shoot. Nice pistol for the money.
What exactly re: the trigger don't you like? Length of pull? Weight? Any? Most of the DAOs I've tried over the years are fairly similar to a few I have here now.

I Ordered one this morning.. I compared the trigger to the PM-9 Kahr I have and it's very similar.. For a pocket gun or back-up it should do the job ok..

Posted By: P_Weed Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
I have had mine for over a year now -I also have trouble pulling the trigger,
and when I do, I'm so far off target I have no idea which direction I missed.

Otherwise I really like the gun!
Posted By: SEdge Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
If you find one make sure it is a P290RS NOT a P290. The RS is an improved version.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Sig P290RS - 11/30/16
Lee

the 290s are damned reliable guns.

their triggers are a bit heavy if you're used to shooting striker fired or SA guns, but I didn't find it much different than a Da Sig 226

IMO. the ergonomics suck. but that's just for me, having big hands.
Posted By: joes Re: Sig P290RS - 12/01/16
I bought one for carry, but only shot it once. I was pleasantly surprised. The double action is long, but smooth. For a small gun I had no problem controlling it. Now that the hunting season is slowing down, I plan on putting more rounds down it. I
Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 12/01/16
Originally Posted by SEdge
If you find one make sure it is a P290RS NOT a P290. The RS is an improved version.
It's the RS..

Had a choice between all black and the black/SS.. I chose the latter. Same price.

Looking forward to it.

I have a NIB Kahr PM-9 that I've only opened the box to look at - never fired it or installed one of the (3) magazines.. I think the P290RS will be quite comparable in size..
Posted By: FWP Re: Sig P290RS - 12/01/16
I have had an 290RS for about 2 years. It is a accurate reliable gun. The only downside is the width and weigh which I wish was a little narrower and a little lighter.

The trigger is long and smooth. Just how a pocket pistol should be.

I have never had a failure of any kind and I usually take a few shots when I'm shooting other guns. Mine does get shot a lot.

Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 12/01/16
.9" is pretty narrow - although my Kahr P-380 is slimmer - .75".. However the narrower grip on the Kahr takes a bit of getting used to, even with medium-size hands..
Posted By: CFVA Re: Sig P290RS - 12/01/16
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by CFVA
What exactly re: the trigger don't you like? Length of pull? Weight? Any? Most of the DAOs I've tried over the years are fairly similar to a few I have here now.

I Ordered one this morning.. I compared the trigger to the PM-9 Kahr I have and it's very similar.. For a pocket gun or back-up it should do the job ok..

Mostly length of travel, seem excessive even for a DAO pistol. For some reason I have a harder time "stacking" the Sig than my S&W 642, if that's the right term. Not a big deal, but it's caught my attention a couple times.

You'll like it.

Posted By: Redneck Re: Sig P290RS - 12/08/16
Originally Posted by johnw
After handling one I passed on it at a price of ~$300 a couple of years ago. The trigger angle really sucks, for me. I've heard others say the same.

I intended to have one. Reality set in...
Interesting.... I got the box Tuesday. Handled it/operated it manually Wednesday. Shipping it back today..

I was underwhelmed. I've got a Kahr PM-9 that I like tons better..

FWIW.
Posted By: johnw Re: Sig P290RS - 12/08/16
Ruger's LCRs have the same trigger angle and reach. Sure they suit someone. Just not me...
© 24hourcampfire