Home
Posted By: Fotis Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
What do you guys recommend something that won't Flex or twist
Posted By: Scott F Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
I don't have a clue what is best but I am five years into wearing a Wilson double harness leather and it almost looks new. I love it and I cart a 5 inch steel 1911.
I settled on the Galco SB2 over twenty years ago. I'm on my third now, and it has many years of life left in it.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
For leather I use a Beltman horsehide and a Wilderness Instructor Belt Five Stitch when appropriate.
Posted By: BamBam Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
I have a couple of Milt Sparks, They work well for me.
Posted By: Fotis Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
thanks
Posted By: 1Nut Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
I've got one from Tucker Leather that is almost too stiff...so stiff it too a very long while to break in. It's a good belt. I have one each black and a brown I purchased from an Amish guy who does leather work. They were inexpensive and are as good as anything I've ever used.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
I have a DeSantis leather belt that is doing the job and looking good. It's become my everyday belt.
Posted By: kingston Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/28/17
Filson double 1.5"
Leather: Milt Sparks for more than 20 years of daily use.

Synthetic Wilderness Tactical. The Frequent Flyer, with the non metal hardware being a favorite. It is also very light.

The FF, with a Kydex rig, and a Glock make for a very light combo that lends to comfortable all day carry.
Posted By: GaryVA Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/29/17

Bullhide

"Amish Made Belts" make about two dozen versions, the "Bullhide" is just one, and they offer a number of options for each version. I normally run a plain smooth "Bullhide" for knocking around, with the optioned up fancier versions when dressing up. They are very comfortable belts that work well, unless you are running something that has trouble fitting the thick leather.
Posted By: rondrews Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/29/17
+1 on the Amish Made. Just got one from them. Got it on ebay. Quick shipping and a really nice belt.
Posted By: jpb Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/30/17
Originally Posted by GaryVA

Bullhide
"Amish Made Belts" make about two dozen versions, the "Bullhide" is just one, and they offer a number of options for each version. I normally run a plain smooth "Bullhide" for knocking around, with the optioned up fancier versions when dressing up. They are very comfortable belts that work well, unless you are running something that has trouble fitting the thick leather.

I just had to have a quick look at their website...

Belts up to 80 inches! Wow!

I wonder how many of those you can get from a single bull? smile

John
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/30/17
For leather I like my Milt Sparks and my Beltman (with the 3/4" spaced holes).

I also really like me Wilderness Tactical 5-stitch. I like the adjustability of it and being able to get it exactly where I want comfort-wise.

I prefer 1 3/4" belts.
Posted By: OldRooster Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/30/17
I have an AG Gunleather and it continues to be an excellent belt. Very pleased with the quality and durability.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Best belt for carry??? - 01/30/17
I have been pretty happy with my Simply Rugged belt. 1.75," double layered, glued and stitched. Hard to beat the turn-around time and customer service too.
© 24hourcampfire