Home
Posted By: supercrewd S&W m10 sale - 02/06/17
These look pretty nice. Nice combo with the heavy barrel.

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p...l-revolver-with-wood-grips-trade-in.aspx
Posted By: Steelhead Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/06/17
That one is out of stock.

This one is in stock

https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p...revolver-with-rubber-grips-trade-in.aspx
Posted By: Steelhead Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/06/17
Interesting, it has the lock.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/06/17
Fantastic revolvers
Posted By: Snake River Marksman Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/07/17
Damn I hate being broke.....
Posted By: supercrewd Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/08/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Interesting, it has the lock.

That is strange.

Doing a little digging it appears to be the 10-14.
"10-14 (2002): internal lock"
Posted By: Partagas Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
What are your guys thoughts on this vs a ruger sp101?

My aunt is selling her 243 rem 700 to buy a pistol. She can work the slide on the autos very well if at all and the jframe 38's have a little too stout of recoil for her wrist. She shot an sp101 and felt it was good in comparison but this looks like good alternative as well.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
tge 10s are great guns. but are full size revolvers. much bigger than a sp101
Posted By: 4ager Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
Originally Posted by Partagas
What are your guys thoughts on this vs a ruger sp101?

My aunt is selling her 243 rem 700 to buy a pistol. She can work the slide on the autos very well if at all and the jframe 38's have a little too stout of recoil for her wrist. She shot an sp101 and felt it was good in comparison but this looks like good alternative as well.

The SP101 is a great pistol. .38 or .327Federal; either would be a good choice.
Posted By: T LEE Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
Especially the .327 Fed IMHO, it will shoot .32 S&W, S&W long, .32 H&R Mag as well as the .327 Fed.
Posted By: MarkFed Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
I bought my model 10 a couple years back for $130 plus transfer fee. Never really looked into cost on them. I guess I got a good deal. Mine is pre-lock with a pencil barrel, more of a gloss blue.

Same day I bought that one I also got a 34-1 for $160 plus transfer, knew I was lucky on that one.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/09/17
Did you wear a mask and point a gun at people to get those deal???

crazy whistle
Posted By: supercrewd Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/10/17
In my experience, for a woman this may be the best style center fire pistol to own. Of course it is not a carry piece but between the weight of the gun and the tame recoil of the 38, women invariably choose this over other options. They actually enjoy shooting it.

I have helped with many "Women on Target" programs and we have a variety of pistols to shoot. The heavy barrel M10 is one of them. It is also very accurate.
Posted By: MarkFed Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/10/17
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
Did you wear a mask and point a gun at people to get those deal???

crazy whistle

I was with my father at a furniture auction, he's a retired carpenter and fixes up old furniture to resell. Just so happens there were a couple of revolvers in the show case that went up for auction same night. I was bidding against a couple of old ladies and got lucky they weren't in there know, LOL
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/16/17
I got this 10-6 in a trade. Swapped an old Makarov for it. Barrel was ruined, so my gunsmith installed a new factory heavy barrel, replaced all the internal parts, and slicked it up. Parkerized finish, but kept the factory stocks.
I just ordered a Tyler T Grip for it, the flat black one. It's a great shooter with these 140 grain Sierra JHP bullets in new Starline cases, and Blue Dot Powder.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/16/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I got this 10-6 in a trade. Swapped an old Makarov for it. Barrel was ruined, so my gunsmith installed a new factory heavy barrel, replaced all the internal parts, and slicked it up. Parkerized finish, but kept the factory stocks.
I just ordered a Tyler T Grip for it, the flat black one. It's a great shooter with these 140 grain Sierra JHP bullets in new Starline cases, and Blue Dot Powder.
[Linked Image]

Nice pickup, Sam!
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/19/17
took it to the Hernando Sportsmans Club range Saturday. With my 158 grain LSWC and 6 grains of Unique powder, it was delivering one inch groups, or less, but a little high and to the right, at 10 yards. Snappy round.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/19/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
took it to the Hernando Sportsmans Club range Saturday. With my 158 grain LSWC and 6 grains of Unique powder, it was delivering one inch groups, or less, but a little high and to the right, at 10 yards. Snappy round.

I also like 6 grains of Unique with cast bullets in a Model 10. My favorite bullet is the LBT 160 grain WFN. I think it was MontanaMarine who ran the numbers through his Quickload software and it said the load was about 26,000 CUP,...which is about right where a modern Model 10 load needs to be, in my opinion.

I've also been working up some loads with the same bullet using AA#5 just because it meters very well.

AA#5 is a bit faster than Unique so I'm looking for the place that puts it where the 6 grains of Unique is.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/19/17
from my 4 inch barrel, I was looking at 980 fps on the Chrony. Accurate, speedy, not much recoil. What's not to love?
Posted By: Partagas Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/22/17
Well my aunt got the M10 with the rubber grips. The grips feel too big for her and I am going to look for a thinner replacement set.

Do you guys know if this model is the round or square butt? Any recommendations for thinner grips? I am thinking of throwing on a set of crimson trace grips but don't know how they would compare.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: S&W m10 sale - 02/22/17
The stock wood grips should be perfect.
Posted By: Blowtorch53 Re: S&W m10 sale - 03/06/17
These old Model 10's are hard to beat. All I have handled are very accurate and just a lot of fun to shoot. They are very plentiful and cheap enough. Brass is everywhere and cheap too. I have bought a couple of these(not from this source) for about the same price and they were in great shape.
© 24hourcampfire