Home
Any reports on leaving factory Glock magazines loaded for long periods of time? Do they eventually have feed-lip spreading problems like some all polymer AR-15 magazines, or do the metal feed lips of the Glock factory magazines prevent this?
I have never heard of it being a problem to leave them loaded.

As for personal experience, I left a G19 mag fully loaded for almost 2 years. It shot flawlessly when I took it to the range.
Originally Posted by Waders
I have never heard of it being a problem to leave them loaded.

As for personal experience, I left a G19 mag fully loaded for almost 2 years. It shot flawlessly when I took it to the range.

Good to hear, I have not heard of any issues either but wanted to be sure before I load up a half-dozen or so and put them in the safe.
Originally Posted by Oregon45
Any reports on leaving factory Glock magazines loaded for long periods of time? Do they eventually have feed-lip spreading problems like some all polymer AR-15 magazines, or do the metal feed lips of the Glock factory magazines prevent this?
Not me. I've been carrying a Glock 17 for nearly two years now, and I keep several loaded all the time (fully topped off), only occasionally emptying them by shooting them out at the range. All work great.

I asked my nephew about this (he's a Phoenix cop), and he says this is standard procedure (they all carry Glock 22s and 23s), and he's never heard of a problem either.
Never an issue...
Factory Glock magazines have internal metal liners including the feed lips. No problem leaving them loaded.
Not a problem with Glock Mags.
I've been off the job now for 2 years. Haven't carried a Glock 45 in 4 years, but found a stash of G21 and G 30 magazines in my ammo locker, all loaded. I'll have to go.olay with them
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I've been off the job now for 2 years. Haven't carried a Glock 45 in 4 years, but found a stash of G21 and G 30 magazines in my ammo locker, all loaded. I'll have to go.olay with them
Can't wait till you fix that typo so we can find out what you're going to do with them.
I have G17 mags that have been loaded over 15 years with no problem yet.
© 24hourcampfire