Home
I was looking at the NRA's carry guard.What do everyone think about this--is it worth it?
I know lots of people think insurance isn't a pretty word so I'm a little leery of getting involved
I added a liability rider to my homeowners insurance to the tune of $1mil. Cost about $600 if I remember correctly.
I had been looking at joining USCCA for a while and after the NRA "uninvited" them to the Convention I went over and joined.

Bob
Got NRA coverage last week. I feel a lot better.
why did NRA un-invite them? I joined the USCCA.
Competition.
Originally Posted by tominboise
I added a liability rider to my homeowners insurance to the tune of $1mil. Cost about $600 if I remember correctly.

I did the same thing over 20 years ago. It could protect you in many other scenarios as long as there is an absence of malice. Unfortunately in NYS, if one were to shoot another in self defense, the shooter would have to face a Grand Jury trial. $25,000 -$40,000 in legal fees. None of the insurances offered by anyone protects you from that.

But if you saved your life or a family member's life, it's worth the legal fees.

Dan
Yup. Look into an "Umbrella Policy". For a couple hundred $ per year you get $1Mil of insurance for all types of liability issues (accidents/dogs ect).
#1 Umbrella Policy. A couple of hundred bucks is peanuts compared to the extra protection. You can even increase the coverage for a bit more.
Talked to my agent today and an umbrella policy does not cover anything but an accidental shooting. He said these carry policies are what's neded.
Originally Posted by TWR
Talked to my agent today and an umbrella policy does not cover anything but an accidental shooting. He said these carry policies are what's neded.

That's right...absence of malice.

Dan
I stopped carrying any NRA insurance when they stuck it to NRA instructors and increased the premiums to non-affordability. I'm real close to being insurance poor right now anyway
I can see it in the coming years, 'At least 40 percent of current gun owners carry extra insurance, so it's obvious that the gun community thinks it's a good idea, as do we. Therefore we are mandating that EVERYONE that owns a gun has at least $1 million dollars in insurance'

F*ck'm all
I think I've got this straight; we carry insurance to cover carrying our insurance? I'll just take my chances..........
Like TWR said, y'all need to find out if your umbrella policy actually covers you shooting somebody. This topic comes up all the time and that's usually where it ends up.
© 24hourcampfire