Home
Posted By: MikeByrge Beretta 950 Minx - 06/02/17
Not sure what a 22 short semi-auto is good for but I couldn't pass this one up for what I paid for it. It did not come with a magazine and I about fell over when I saw what the originals are going for...

Anyone have a magazine they would part with ?

Tried to post picks but PB is not working this morning.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/02/17
Congrats on the 950. Never did much know what they were good for either, but you'll be amazed at how accurate that tiny little thing is.
Posted By: 41magfan Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/02/17
Magazines for that little critter are like chicken teeth .... rare! I messed around and never bought any extras for the pistol I bought 30 years ago and I've regretted that a hundred times. I've begged Mec-Gar to make a run of them, but so far no luck. The last "Brand New" one I saw for sale was well over a hundred bucks.

Triple-K offers one for $44 but I don't care to test the quality at that price.

https://www.triplek.com/product/beretta-minx-950-22-short-6-rd-magazine-or-grips/
Posted By: Dantheman Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/03/17
My sister's first husband had one of those Beretta Minx's. He let me shoot it with a bunch of other pistols when I visited them when I was about 14 years old. I've got to say for as small as that little pistol is, I had no problem hitting cans and bottles with it. It was plenty accurate for a little semi-auto.

Dan
Posted By: MikeByrge Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
I got it for $125 total from a local pawn shop. I knew it did not have the magazine but the box and original manual was somewhat of a bonus. I've shot it "single shot" mode and was surprised at how accurate I was with it for such a small gun.

I'm considering rolling the dice and trying one of the triple-K mags with the originals going for $80-100.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
Had one of those once. Fun little gun to shoot and amazingly accurate too. JMHO, but you'll regret wasting the money on a aftermarket mag. The only one that worked in mine was the original mag.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
I have yet to get a truly good magazine from Triple K...freaking garbage, I don't know how they stay in business. I was fool enough to try Triple K for my Astra 3000. It actually worked, but after 24 hours of the magazine being loaded, I opened the safe to find the spot welds on the floorplate had failed, and the spring was God knows where. Was dumb enough to try one for my Beretta Model 70 Puma...never got it to feed a single round...complete POS. I do know they make a decent P38 magazine, but I'm not familiar with any other magazine they make that is worth the cardboard packaging it comes in. But hey, maybe the only other magazine they make worth a crap is the Mix magazine.
Posted By: 41magfan Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
Originally Posted by MikeByrge
I got it for $125 total from a local pawn shop. I knew it did not have the magazine but the box and original manual was somewhat of a bonus. I've shot it "single shot" mode and was surprised at how accurate I was with it for such a small gun.

I'm considering rolling the dice and trying one of the triple-K mags with the originals going for $80-100.

[Linked Image]

If I had one in that condition with no more than you have in it, I'd suck it up and buy one of those New/Like New factory magazines that's currently listed on Ebay. For no more than you've have invested thus far, it would make the gun worth about $300 or more.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
Originally Posted by 41magfan

[Linked Image]

If I had one in that condition with no more than you have in it, I'd suck it up and buy one of those New/Like New factory magazines that's currently listed on Ebay. For no more than you've have invested thus far, it would make the gun worth about $300 or more.

Agreed
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Beretta 950 Minx - 06/04/17
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 41magfan

[Linked Image]

Agreed

That would be my vote as well. It's settled then. Now the only thing you're lacking is a use for it. smile
© 24hourcampfire