Home
Posted By: viking IWB Kydex - 06/15/17
Kydex

I was searching for IWB Kydex holsters and come across the Vedder brand. What do y'all think of Kydex in general? I like the options it provides, i.e. cant, draw hight, open bottom so it would work for the G27 thru G35.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: IWB Kydex - 06/16/17
I am not a fan of kydex or grommet and screw type hybrids, but that is a matter of personal choice. One thing you should know is that guns get a lot of lint and dust from being carried IWB. For holsters where the front sight is not covered by the holster, the front sight can pick up a lot of debris and the sight is resting on and dragging through cloth on the draw. If you have night sights, it can substantially dim the tritium lamp in low light conditions. So, trying to use one open-bottom IWB holster for a G27 through G35 may only be a short term proposition.

P.S. Your link does not work because it has an extra "http" in it.
Posted By: TWR Re: IWB Kydex - 06/16/17
Kydex is thin, tough and doesn't get soaked with sweat.

I have a few from PJ holsters made from one piece of kydex. I like them.
Posted By: viking Re: IWB Kydex - 06/17/17
I ordered one today from Vedder. I got it for my G17, my G27 should fit into it also. I got it in sand color.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: IWB Kydex - 06/17/17
I like Kydex especially when reliable one-handed reholstering is a requirement.
Posted By: Winchestermodel70 Re: IWB Kydex - 06/21/17
Try the Black Point Tactical IWB kydex with wings.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: IWB Kydex - 06/21/17
I have the Vedder IWB Light Tuck holster for my Shield. They are a well made holster and nicely finished. They do have a lot of adjustments for cant and height of ride. Like any product, there are pros and cons. Being rigid, they make re-holstering easy, but they also are not very comfortable. I also have the DeSantis Inside Heat IWB leather holster for my Shield and it is more comfortable but takes more effort to re-holster. I also have a Concealment Express IWB holster for my LCPII. Being that it is for a much smaller handgun, I find it to be more comfortable than the one for the Shield. The Concealment Express holster was less expensive, is well made but has fewer adjustment options; only having a 15 degree cant adjustment. I just ordered a Wilson Kydex OWB holster for my 1911 with it's Streamlight light/laser sight. It was the only one I could find for the Streamlight . Most kydex have very good retention that is adjustable and they do a great job of protecting and isolating the firearm's trigger. Hopefully you find yours to be comfortable enough. It may take a lot of experimenting to find the right cant, height and body placement that works best for you.

ps. Another plus for the Vedder IWB holster is that they use a nice spring steel belt clip rather than plastic.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: IWB Kydex - 06/21/17
I tried, and just did not lilke, kydex for IWB holsters. Hard edges, screws, and other fasteners......................I found them uncomfortable.
Posted By: GunGeek Re: IWB Kydex - 06/22/17
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I tried, and just did not lilke, kydex for IWB holsters. Hard edges, screws, and other fasteners......................I found them uncomfortable.

Ditto!!

I have a strong preference for a holster fashioned from a dead animal.
Posted By: Lee_Woiteshek Re: IWB Kydex - 06/22/17
Kydex holsters really depend on the maker. My rule of thumb is the polymer handguns get kydex, and my steel ones wear leather. I'm not worried about the finish of any of the polymer guns, but I wouldn't want to mar my BHP. So it rides in a Milt Sparks 25 year old summer special.

As for kydex, I tend to want as thick as I can get. Wear it in the 4 o'clock. Have ordered aiwb from from Incog for my TLR-6 Glock 43. That's how all the cool guys carry now, and I want to see if it works in hot weather. If you don't hear from me I've shot my nuts off reholstering😉.
Posted By: supercrewd Re: IWB Kydex - 06/23/17
You should really have the front sights covered by a IWB holster, so using a G35 holster for a G27 is silly, as it using a G27 holster for a G35.
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: IWB Kydex - 06/24/17
I'm using a Vedder LightTuck with my G43. I find it an excellent and comfortable IWB holster. It is quickly becoming my favorite,and I wear it every day.
Posted By: Dantheman Re: IWB Kydex - 06/24/17
I have an Alien Gear IWB for my Walther PPS

Dan
© 24hourcampfire