Home
[Linked Image]
It didn't come very sharp, but with a few dozen strokes on a compound-loaded strop (first course then fine), it's like a razor.
I decided against this one as my daily carry Glock companion knife, LOL.

[Linked Image]
Besides a tad bit long, what is it? I like the barbarianism of it.
Originally Posted by viking
Besides a tad bit long, what is it? I like the barbarianism of it.

Are you talking about the huge fixed blade or the folder? The folder is a Williams designed defensive knife made by Columbia River Knife and Tool. Williams is a believer in stabby shaped knife blades for defense, as he feels the stab is the most important aspect of a defensive knife, and that shape makes for easy multiple deep penetrations.

The huge fixed blade knife is a Hibben design called the Cody Bowie. Not sure what company made it. Perhaps United Cutlery.
Is the sheath shower-proof?
How about his one? Another Williams design by CRKT. That's real shark skin. Tool steel blade.

[Linked Image]
Yeah I was talking about the fixed blade.

I bought a Glock field knife to match. I got it at an auction for 12 bucks years ago.

I bought a Glock field knife to match. I got it at an auction for 12 bucks years ago.

Not familiar. Have a picture?

Looks like a good combat type knife.

How could you not know about the Glock knife?

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Or "Noss" of Knife Tests.................a Special Olympics legend.
It came out before the gun for Christ sake!

Dave
Originally Posted by deflave

Dave

Jeez, ya think? I don't know.
Originally Posted by kingston
Is the sheath shower-proof?

It's good to see some historical perspective on this posting....funny ass [bleep].
Here's my Bark River Knives camp knife. Tool steel. Convex edge.

[Linked Image]
And my Randall No. 1, the famed Special Forces model.

[Linked Image]
Bark River Bushcraft/Survival knife. Tool steel. Convex edge.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
[Linked Image]

Wicked blade!!! Think I would rather be shot!
The sheath release for the G/knife is a little tricky. It isn't as convenient as other designs, it's like a level 2 holster, lol.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
[Linked Image]

Wicked blade!!! Think I would rather be shot!

LOL. Tell me about it.
Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy
The sheath release for the G/knife is a little tricky. It isn't as convenient as other designs, it's like a level 2 holster, lol.

That kinda sucks.
Why not a Roman short sword?
I recontoured this US Air Force Survival Knife to be a flat sabre grind (one singular bevel starting at about the middle of the blade). Originally, it was a compound (double) bevel, as are most knives. Took several hours, since I did it by hand with stones, and lots of steel needed removing. Now it's scary sharp. It is likely my sharpest knife. Glides through paper like it's not there.

[Linked Image]
That reminds me. I got an old Navy knife or so it says on it, with MK something or other. The point on it has been round a bit. I need to recontour it a little so it has a point.
That reminds me. I got an old Navy knife or so it says on it, with MK something or other. The point on it has been round a bit. I need to recontour it a little so it has a point.

I've got one of those, too. Black with a long thin, upwardly curving, point, right? Saw teeth on back? Black plastic grip? Hard, black plastic sheath?
Well I dug it out. It says U.S.N. MK 2, Camillus NY.

The sheath also has U S N MK 2 on it. The handle looks like "leathers" rings staked on top of each other.
Oh if you know any history or value, I would appreciate it.
I just saw some more markings on the sheath. NORD-6581
B M - VP
Could you post a picture?
This guy explains the best way to sharpen a Glock knife.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Really-GREA...-scabbard-mkii-u-s-n-kabar-/200817165609
I've got a couple of Ka-Bars.

Excellent! Very helpful.
Wtf, was that LOL

That's the method I use.
Wtf, was that LOL

LOL. What's the matter? You couldn't understand him?
Quit storin your fixed blades in their sheaths.
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Quit storin your fixed blades in their sheaths.

I'm going to use twofish's solution to knife storage. Excellent.
where are your nun chucks?
Originally Posted by jimmyp
where are your nun chucks?

Still have them. Three or four pair, in fact. Relics of my youth when I studied Jiu-Jitsu and enjoyed Bruce Lee movies. Since getting a CCW license in 1980, though, they don't get carried. Although, I could (actually did, once, a few years ago, when there was a big, mean, stray dog hanging out on my walking route), since my CCW includes all concealable weapons.
I hear they're a blast in the shower.
Here's two of them hanging on the wall of my bedroom back in the late 1970s. Still have both of those. Sadly, I don't have a single one of those rifles anymore.

[Linked Image]
For those who didn't appreciate that last guy's short and insightful explanation, here's one that isn't.

That's such a creepy friggin picture. Blood red carpet, ninja poster on the wall, assault rifles stacked up against a bed with no sheets and a blanket with random yellow stains.

Not seen in the corner is a mail order Chinese bride. Matted and tangled hair, sitting on a 5 gallon bucket for a chair, eating scabs off her arm and shouting defiantly in Mandarin about her cousin, who she loved so much, was twice the man that her new "husband" will ever be.

Or at least that's how I imagine it.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
That's such a creepy friggin picture. Blood red carpet, ninja poster on the wall, assault rifles stacked up against a bed with no sheets and a blanket with random yellow stains.

Not seen in the corner is a mail order Chinese bride. Matted and tangled hair, sitting on a 5 gallon bucket for a chair, eating scabs off her arm and shouting defiantly in Mandarin about her cousin, who she loved so much, was twice the man that her new "husband" will ever be.

Yes, I know. All that hate's going to eat you up.
So, did she teach you the nunchucks or did you get them to prepare for the final showdown with her cousin?
So, did she teach you the nunchucks or did you get them to prepare for the final showdown with her cousin?

I think you're confusing with reality characters from your fevered hallucinations. What in the heck are you talking about?
Blue, there was no showdown. She ran away and converted to Judaism.
Originally Posted by Mesabi
Blue, there was no showdown. She ran away and converted to Judaism.

Get over your sensitivity about being Jewish. Folks have a right to be Christians.

Pretty cool pic. Very nice weapons. Very impressive given the fact that TRH was probably under twenty years old at the time and also because there were not nearly so many assault-type rifles available at that time.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Pretty cool pic. Very nice weapons. Very impressive given the fact that TRH was probably under twenty years old at the time and also because there were not nearly so many assault-type rifles available at that time.

Thanks, Mark. I wish I could go back in time and tell my teenage self how pissed off I'd be many years later if I sold those guns ... at least two of them.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Agreed. Nice lineup for a young guy considering likely income and the small market for rifles like that.

An AR-180 would have been a great buy back then, or better yet, one from each manufacturer........................Armalite, Sterling and Howa.
Ever curious about knives, I wonder about the CRKT stuff. Looked at some maybe 20-25 years ago and was not impressed with quality. Things change.

I didn't care much for the benchmades til a buddy bought a limited edition mchenry-williams maybe 20 years ago. I bought a couple of benchmades after that. My BM Barrage is the best using pocket knife I've ever carried.

Thanks for the laugh!
Originally Posted by johnw
Ever curious about knives, I wonder about the CRKT stuff. Looked at some maybe 20-25 years ago and was not impressed with quality. Things change.

I didn't care much for the benchmades til a buddy bought a limited edition mchenry-williams maybe 20 years ago. I bought a couple of benchmades after that. My BM Barrage is the best using pocket knife I've ever carried.

CRKT varies in quality. They have some products that rival the best custom knives, and some that are just OK. Likely made in entirely different departments, and perhaps different locations.
How many sock puppets do you have, Blue?
© 24hourcampfire