Home
Posted By: deflave Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Good Morning Schitbirds,

Does anybody else have a hard time keeping their can affixed to their pistol? I've never had an issue with my 22LR and I assume it's because the barrel doesn't move during recoil. But on my XD it keeps wanting to come loose after a few mags.

Blue loctite didn't seem to help.

Thanks in advance,
Travis
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Freightliner Trucks makes anti-seize threadlocker, I know, oxymoron, but, it works.
Posted By: deflave Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Ok I'll look for that.

Is it a bitch to get undone for cleaning?

Dave
No, it grips better during high heat, then will release pretty well, all the more important, you wont gall the threads with repeated removals and re-installs, Buds have used it for 15 years that I know of and go to a local Freightliner parts dept and buy it by the tube.
Awesome. Thanks.

Travis
Just for you Dave, I called an woke up a bud of mine and had him read me the part number on the tube.

He uses two types.

27100 permatex
80632 permatex

The 80632 is a threadlocker with teflon, he says "happy shooting and for me to quite waking him the fugg up"!
Oh man. I'd be pissed.

But my being happy should help him sleep more soundly.

Thanks again.

Dave
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
think o-ring.....
Yo welcome.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
think o-ring.....

o-chit! grin
Originally Posted by huntsman22
think o-ring.....

Buy an 0-ring?

Dave
Posted By: Yondering Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Don't use an O-ring unless your suppressor and barrel are made to accept one. Or if you don't think baffle strikes are a big deal.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Maybe your piece has loose threads. Finding a piece with tighter threads should make things better. Tighter is better, until it's too tight. Then it makes your can really difficult to screw, and that's no fun for anyone involved.
Not sure. It's a brand new XD and a Ti-Rant can.

Travis
Nice. My Ti-Rant 45M got out of jail a couple months ago. Fun with both 45 acp and 9mm, and no threading difficulties on a Glock 19, FNX-45, or 1911, which is all I've tried it on that I can remember.
I really like mine so far.

I actually like the whole package.

Going through ball ammo like a [bleep] though.... grin.

Dave
I really wanted to try one of those FN's but couldn't find one at the time. Do you like it?
Posted By: GunGeek Re: Suppressor Question - 07/17/17
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis
For whatever reason (no love for Croatia I guess) the XD’s don’t get a lot of respect, but I’ve yet to see one that didn’t work every bit as well as a Glock, and they always have better triggers. The grip safety thing some don’t like, but if you actually SHOOT one you see it’s a complete NON-ISSUE!

Hey which one do you have? I have like 5 brand new XD 9mm mags I need to get rid of.
I bought a 45 otherwise I'd be all over it.

Dave
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Travis
For whatever reason (no love for Croatia I guess) the XD’s don’t get a lot of respect, but I’ve yet to see one that didn’t work every bit as well as a Glock, and they always have better triggers. The grip safety thing some don’t like, but if you actually SHOOT one you see it’s a complete NON-ISSUE!

I had one for a number of years, and won't be going back. It didn't do anything that a Glock didn't do as well or better, except the cheaper initial purchase.

The grip safety thing is an issue in an up close and personal situation where you might have a poor grip, or even end up holding the gun in an unconventional manner. A little bit of live training in that kind of situation will show you the issue in a hurry.
Deflave - two options to help prevent suppressors from backing off:

- Loctite 243 on the threads (blue stuff, but not 242); obviously it's better on the first application but you can remove/replace the suppressor several times before needing to re-apply.

- Teflon tape on the threads; only use one or two wraps, and be careful that it does not get caught between the barrel shoulder and suppressor. Not as good as Loctite IME but it does help.
Thank you.

Dave
I really wanted to try one of those FN's but couldn't find one at the time. Do you like it?

The FN was a friend's pistol. I did not care for it.....the thing was YUGE.
Also, the FN was not as quiet as my 1911 shooting the same loads. My friend and I could both tell an audible difference between the two.
© 24hourcampfire