Home
Posted By: CrazyCoot Ruger LC9s - 07/21/17
Does anyone have a Ruger LC9s? I've found a really good deal on one and have been considering one for my EDC. Any opinions on this gun only would be much appreciated!
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/21/17
I would also be interested,. I get a break because I'm a hunters safety instructor.
Posted By: magshooter1 Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/21/17
I bought my daughter one. We haven't shot it much but I read lots of good stuff in the online forums like 24HC.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/21/17
my wife has the lc380, my friend took a class with the lc9 with the striker. From shooting the lc380 and my friend shot the course well with his lc9, then it seems to be a good pistol from all indications.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
I had one of the early ones. Nice gun. I'd prefer the LC9sPro, just haven't found a good enough deal to justify it. I think for a smallish 9mm I'd stay with the Taurus PT111 Millenium Gen 2. It's only slightly bigger and holds 12 rounds, and costs less. It's literally one of the most popular 9mm's on the market today. I've had a half dozen of them over the last couple of years and friends keep talking me out of them. I prefer higher capacity guns frankly.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
Originally Posted by Cariboujack
I had one of the early ones. Nice gun. I'd prefer the LC9sPro, just haven't found a good enough deal to justify it. I think for a smallish 9mm I'd stay with the Taurus PT111 Millenium Gen 2. It's only slightly bigger and holds 12 rounds, and costs less. It's literally one of the most popular 9mm's on the market today. I've had a half dozen of them over the last couple of years and friends keep talking me out of them. I prefer higher capacity guns frankly.

^^^This^^^
Posted By: krupp Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
I had a used LC9 for about a year, Accurate, reliable but to me it seemed....fragile . I hate to use that word but the overall trigger construction was very thin and seem almost toy like. Maybe not an issue in the long run to most but I like a more solid purchase for my trigger finger, It was OK but I doubt if I would ever buy another.

Anyhew I found a decent 1921 dated 03 Springfield that was sporterized and they swapped me even for the LC9.
Posted By: 458 Lott Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
I have two of the LC9s pros, one for myself and one for my wife. I've put a couple hundred rounds through each and they've been 100% reliable and quite accurate for a compact pistol. For me with carried IWB I don't even notice it.

The magazine disconnect with the LC9s seems like a bad idea, which is why I went with the LC9s pro.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
Do not confuse the lc 9 with the LC9 s the S is striker fired and far superior trigger. Mine is pro model , very accurate especially for it's size , yet holds one more round than a Glock 43
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/22/17
Buy the pro. Its a great weapon when the small size is needed. Have one and they re extremely accurate and 100% reliable. Extended mag gets you 9+1 so still get decent capacity
Posted By: Rolltide Re: Ruger LC9s - 07/31/17
I have the LC9s Pro as well and carry it every day. I've been pleased with it and my wife liked it enough to get one for her to carry as well.
© 24hourcampfire