Home
Over on the S&W Forum there is an ad and an announcement of a new version of the M&P 2.0 that is the size of the Glock 19/23 family. It's real too, Brownell's has them up for preorder on their site.

Mark in GA
The original Compact model was more in between a compact and subcompact. They did this to avoid having to have the three sizes, i.e., standard, compact, subcompact. I guess this is a good thing, since the 19 size is thought ideal by more people than the number that think the subcompact is ideal.
See Glock 19 for slow learners thread
Why? The S&W is barely mentioned.
Originally Posted by TWR
Why? The S&W is barely mentioned.
Well the thread started off about the S&W, but went rather sideways (like they often do).
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Sorry, I didn't read that thread because I thought it really was about Glock 19's. Had no idea it started with an M&P post.

Mark in GA
Originally Posted by MarkinGA
Originally Posted by GunGeek

Sorry, I didn't read that thread because I thought it really was about Glock 19's. Had no idea it started with an M&P post.

Mark in GA

Like TWR said, it drifted WAY away from the M&P, so on second thought; I see nothing wrong with this thread.

I like that S&W is doing an M&P at G19 size...the SW9VE is G19 sized, so why not the M&P?
The G19 was perfect size for a daily carry gun...Glock nailed it from the get-go, and it's nice to see other makers making guns the same size. As wonderful as a G19 is, it's not everyone's cup of tea...And variety is the spice of life, so it's nice to see other options at that size.
I started with a Glock 32 or whatever model the 19 sized 357 Sig is. Sanded on the grip a bit and made it fit me but never could fall in love with it so I traded it for something else.

Then came my first M&P 9mm that fit me perfectly but of course a little too big to really conceal in a t-shirt. I loved to shoot it and shot it well but went back to my beloved Sig 228 for a range gun and carried my Shield everyday, it impressed me so I picked up another M&P9 and changed sights, trigger, sear kit and finally the barrel trying to get it to shoot better. I finally stippled the slick back strap and my groups tightened right up. All the things S&W did on the 2.0 and they even shrunk it to Sig 228 size. I think it will be a huge success.
wonder how this new Smith will compare to a Sig 320 compact , for size and bulk ?
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
wonder how this new Smith will compare to a Sig 320 compact , for size and bulk ?
For me, the most important number is the width. No pistol really needs to be more than 1.5" wide, and really ought to be right around 1". I think the 320 is about 1.2" wide, but I can't seem to find anything on the M&P 2.0, but my guess would be it's very close to the Sig.

The Glock 19 is very close to that ideal 1.0" mark.
G19 - 1.18"

M&P 9 - 1.2"
© 24hourcampfire