Home
Awesome video. One of my buddies swears by his HK USP 45. Now I see why.
I've had one for decades. When I got it, it was the only factory double stack .45 ACP available. Maybe the 21 was out, but I'm not sure.
He's reviewed quite a lot of "go to war" handguns in this way, and he says the H&K USP-45 was the best performer so far.

Some dog the HK, but the HK is a hell ova pistol.
I bought one around '99 or 2000, kept it about 4 or 5 years.
Great shooter very accurate. But it was just too big around the grip for me and I got bored with it and the magazine were expensive so I traded it on a pre 64 270 rifle.
Don't have a USP 45 but I have a 40. Bought it in the 90's ahead of high mag cap ban. Been very pleased with mine. Hasbeen
I have a couple USPc and 1 full size USP.

Love the guns. Have never had a ftf that wasn't operator error.

The grip angle works better for me than the Glocks and I like having a safety as an option on occasion.
Ditto on my H&K USP40C. My primary OWB carry gun. Shoots great. Only thing I don't care for is the mag release. Sometimes hard to positively release.
You have to wonder if the things are as accurate? You would think they would have to fit pretty loose in order to function with the trash in them. I had a 40 for a brief period of time, good gun but I prefer a single trigger pull and if cocked and locked IIRC too far down on the safety dropped the hammer.
Originally Posted by jimmyp
You have to wonder if the things are as accurate? You would think they would have to fit pretty loose in order to function with the trash in them. I had a 40 for a brief period of time, good gun but I prefer a single trigger pull and if cocked and locked IIRC too far down on the safety dropped the hammer.

Yeah, that bothered me too, i.e., too much force when taking the thumb safety off decocks the hammer. If I carried it, it would be double action for the first round.

HK USP’s are very accurate.
you think they are top end 1911 kind of accurate?

I would doubt it.

Yes. At least the ones that I have shot and they are very strong rugged pistols.
Great pistols, I had a 40 cal, but prefer Glocks.
Originally Posted by viking
prefer Glocks.
Same here. I'd feel well equipped with the USP series of handguns, too, though.
Well, the next time I am going swimming in water, followed by,
Crawling through sand, then
Dirt, then
Mud.

I will definitely by one of these. Until then, I will use a boring old g19. And keep it clean as possible.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Well, the next time I am going swimming in water, followed by,
Crawling through sand, then
Dirt, then
Mud.

I will definitely by one of these. Until then, I will use a boring old g19. And keep it clean as possible.

Glocks are top performers in the muck, too.

I can't honestly say how accurate my USP 45 was. I never shot for groups on paper. But I was able to hit beer cans at very long distances as well as any 1911 I had at the time as long as the 'nut behind the trigger" did his job.

I know that's not very scientific. But when you can bounce beer cans at well over 30 yards offhand your not shooting shotgun patterns.
They have a o ring on the barrel to help with lock-up. I'm not saying they're Les Baer accurate but they pretty good.
You'd have to find a pretty good pistolero to find any difference in accuracy between a high end 1911 and a USP in my opinion.

And the gauntlet seems kinda silly.

Dave
Always wanted a 45 compact with LEM trigger
Originally Posted by deflave
You'd have to find a pretty good pistolero to find any difference in accuracy between a high end 1911 and a USP in my opinion.

Dave

Completely agree HK USP is very accurate
I had forgot about the O ring....

Dave

My thoughts as well.

USP is more accurate than am I. However it is definitely better in its capability for accuracy than many sidearms.

I would guess a good 1911 would exceed the USP because of triggers. A well tuned 1911 trigger is pretty hard to beat ime.
I just don't know anymore, I looked at one of those pistols the other day, the O ring put me off and used it was $1000, not sure any plastic pistol is worth that.
I just don't know anymore, I looked at one of those pistols the other day, the O ring put me off and used it was $1000, not sure any plastic pistol is worth that.

Yeah, there are too many options out there these days.

Wow! I guess it's been years since I've field stripped my USP-45, but I don't remember any o-ring.
OK, I just researched it.

"Only the Tactical, Expert, Elite, Match, USPCT, Mark 23, HK45, and HK45C have o-rings. The standard USP, USP9SD, and USPC models do not have o-rings."
They don't all have the O-ring. I can't tell you which models do and don't but most HK queers can.

Dave
I didn't see your second post, TRH.

Clark
I don't have a USP but I do have a P2000 which is based off the USP Compact. Amazingly accurate, rugged, and well made pistol. The only people who dog HKs are those who either can't or won't spend the money for them.

Clark

I figured that.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Clark

I figured that.

GFY

Dave
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
I don't have a USP but I do have a P2000 which is based off the USP Compact. Amazingly accurate, rugged, and well made pistol. The only people who dog HKs are those who either can't or won't spend the money for them.

I like HK's but that P2000 is nothing miraculous. It will die the same as any other high capacity polymer gun. Especially if it's a .40.

Dave
© 24hourcampfire