Home
Recently, I shot under a shed with roof only and I didn't have one of my ear plugs in quiet right and it got my attention. So... I thought if the worst ever happens at home and if I have time to prepare, I will now have a pair of electronic ear muffs on along side of my .357 mag. Has anybody else have done the same?
Yep. Right by my night stand handgun. I noted in another post, I purchased the best pair I could find to protect what hearing I have left, and I can crank the volume up and hear MUCH better than with just my half-gone hearing. Plus, if gunfire erupts, I know how damned loud it is inside. Unless the goblin(s) are wearing ear muffs as well, they'll be deafened to a degree and I won't.
Originally Posted by lippygoathead
Recently, I shot under a shed with roof only and I didn't have one of my ear plugs in quiet right and it got my attention. So... I thought if the worst ever happens at home and if I have time to prepare, I will now have a pair of electronic ear muffs on along side of my .357 mag. Has anybody else have done the same?

Originally Posted by lippygoathead

Yes. I keep electronic muffs in the bedroom for this purpose. Not sure I’d have the time or presence of mind to deploy them, though.
Walker Game Ears and my .45 on the night stand.
TRH, train train train. Do dry runs until you're sick of doing them. Then do some more. Since that particular scenario is almost impossible to do more than dry runs, that's what you're left with. It's just like practicing drawing from your chosen carry position. Draw until you've got at least 1000 draws under your belt, then when TSHTF, you'll draw and be on target before you realize you've done it. If you do enough dry runs, at night, by getting up grabbing the ear muffs and turning them on then grabbing your night stand gun, when the real thing occurs you'll do what you trained yourself to do.
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
TRH, train train train. Do dry runs until you're sick of doing them. Then do some more. Since that particular scenario is almost impossible to do more than dry runs, that's what you're left with. It's just like practicing drawing from your chosen carry position. Draw until you've got at least 1000 draws under your belt, then when TSHTF, you'll draw and be on target before you realize you've done it. If you do enough dry runs, at night, by getting up grabbing the ear muffs and turning them on then grabbing your night stand gun, when the real thing occurs you'll do what you trained yourself to do.

Can't deny that.
© 24hourcampfire