Home
Posted By: joes Anyone have the kimber micro 9? - 12/01/17
Thoughts if you do, please.
I went in to a LGS just this morning with the intention of picking up a Sig 938. I handled several. The triggers were funky and different on each one.Then took a look at the M9. Both were nice guns but the M9 fit my hand better with the included extended grip. I went ahead a purchased a M9 instead. Won't get a chance to shoot it for a few days
I like the TLE version. Link
I really like mine....not the smallest or lightest of the mini 9's, but easily the most comfortable for me to shoot. Always feeds, always ejects...never a problem. A very nice, quality build too. I would definitely buy another
“Quality built tool.”

I don’t have one, but that’s my impression, too. I’m tempted to pick one up just based on that. Cool little guns.
Handled one at the store the other day. I am looking for a small carry nine. It was really nice, rounded edges and great sights. The reviews seem positive. Carrying cocked and locked isn't my favorite thing to do, but I can learn.

The quest continues.
Originally Posted by joes
Handled one at the store the other day. I am looking for a small carry nine. It was really nice, rounded edges and great sights. The reviews seem positive. Carrying cocked and locked isn't my favorite thing to do, but I can learn.

The quest continues.

One argument for cocked and locked carry (and I usually argue against it as a first choice) is that one doesn't discount a pump shotgun or an AR-15 because their ready condition is cocked and locked. Most would feel quite at ease having one handy for defense, even though that safety needs swiping off before you fire. It's just with concealed carry handguns that we make a big deal about it, and that's because with a concealed carry handgun there are other options that are more sure to be in firing condition when called upon, because they are carried in a holster where the trigger is covered by leather or Kydex. Not so with long guns. But the point stands that no one feels that the need to disengage a safety on their pump shotgun or AR is a great detriment to using it effectively. It's only with handguns carried in holsters that you hear people making this point, and only because a better option then becomes possible due to being kept at the ready with it's trigger covered.
Fun you mentioned this. I was debating this yesterday as I was sitting in a tree stand. It dawned on me, the gun in my hand was at condition one and I never batted an eye.

I guess the more you do something the more confident you will be with the system.
If I had to pull an 870 out of my pocket before I could shoot a bird, then I might think twice about having one in the chamber.
Of course it's a little more of a natural motion to chamber a round in an 870. And some say that just the sound of the pump action may be enough to scare off an intruder.
© 24hourcampfire