Home
Every year I bow hunt for moose in Alaska in an area that is rich with big bears. I always carry a very large revolver on the belt of my backpack in case my recurve and broadhead arrow doesn't scare the bears away. My backpack (Kifaru) has a double row of molle tabs which work great with the Bianchi UM84R holster which is designed to be mounted on molle loops. It's a great system that secures the heavy revolver against the belt of the backpack. It's also easily removed and can be mounted conventionally on a regular belt. The revolvers I've used in the past have fit reasonably well in the stock UM84R holster. However, I want to carry a different revolver that will not fit in the holster.

I want to find a custom holster maker who would be willing to make a holster for me that incorporates the same molle-mounting system as the Bianchi. I'm happy to provide a Bianchi holster (if necessary) as the donor for the spring mount. I could care less if it's leather. In fact, I'd prefer that it not be leather but would happily settle for a leather holster if that was my only option.

So here's the request for help. Would you pistoleros out there please recommend a holster maker who'd work with me? I've reached out to Simply Rugged via both voice message and e-mail with no response, so any other recommendations would be appreciated.

Here's the link to the photo album that shows in detail the UM84R mounting system: https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/12469084#Post12469084
I don't know who would do it but I'd talk to DiamondD and El Paso Saddlery as starters. Even if they don't do the work they might know someone who would.
Diamond D
I have a few holsters from Diamond D and think they are top-notch. However, their website says they aren't willing to take on custom orders. I might give them a call anyway.
Posted By: EdM Re: Custom holster recommendations - 12/16/17
I would give Mike Barranti a call.
Back several years ago I spent a little time on this leather workers site. There were some really good artist on there that made some spectacular rigs. I know you don't want leather but best as I can remember there were a few guys there working with kydex also.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by EdM
I would give Mike Barranti a call.

^ +1

Don't know if he'd take on your specific request but his work is top quality and he's a good guy to deal with.
© 24hourcampfire