Home
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
Move over G43 (and I love my 43).
Posted By: JOG Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
That was encouraging. I hope the P365 works out since I have a niche for it.

"It looked like someone poured milk in it." regarding the factory lube/corrosion inhibitor might answer the reliability issues seen in the earlier video.
Posted By: johnw Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
Hickok should have to have a permit to carry those hands concealed...
His complaint about the size of the grip wouldn't be valid for most of us I think. Looks like he has really big hands.
Originally Posted by Son_of_the_Gael
His complaint about the size of the grip wouldn't be valid for most of us I think. Looks like he has really big hands.

Yeah, he's six foot seven. Not exactly typical.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on how these perform over the next year or two. (no crash test dummy here wink )
Posted By: johnw Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yeah, he's six foot seven. Not exactly typical.

I'm 6'7" but I don't have hands like that...
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/13/18
The one I handled this past weekend fit my hands fine, and I wear gloves in XL.
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on how these perform over the next year or two. (no crash test dummy here wink )

Same here. Next January, it's a serious possibility.
Posted By: moosemike Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/14/18
Yeah, Hickok has oven mitts for hands.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/14/18

What is the load-assist device he's using to load mags?
Posted By: Waders Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/14/18
Originally Posted by ironbender

Looks like an UpLULA.
Thanks Wade.
Posted By: devnull Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/14/18
I wish the P365 had an ambi mag release. Looks like you can't switch it over either. Am I wrong?
Originally Posted by Waders

Looks like an UpLULA.

That's it.
Originally Posted by devnull
I wish the P365 had an ambi mag release. Looks like you can't switch it over either. Am I wrong?

I seem to recall one of the reviewers say that they were reversible.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/14/18

Looks like an UpLULA.

That's it.

Amazon has them: https://www.amazon.com/Maglula-UpLU...18613218&sr=8-2&keywords=maglula

Thanks. I had looked over Hickok's site, but didn't see info on it.

Looks like an UpLULA.

That's it.

And they work really well.

Looks like an UpLULA.
That's it.
And they work really well.
Yeah, they do, but eventually they wear out. The one I have now needs replacing.
Posted By: foxs Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/15/18
It has a very small grip. Too small
Posted By: Triggernosis Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/15/18
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between a Uplula and a MagLula
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 02/15/18
Click on the Amazon link I posted above. It says: Maglula Ltd. UpLULA Pistol Magazine Loader/Unloader
Yeah, UpLULA stands for Universal Pistol Loader ULoader Acessory (or something like that).

There's lots of LULA's:

http://www.maglula.com/about-us/
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/17/18
My pre-order Sig P-365 has finally arrived at the gun dealers. Will try to get to Melbourne and pick it up this week sometime!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/17/18
Originally Posted by frogman43
My pre-order Sig P-365 has finally arrived at the gun dealers. Will try to get to Melbourne and pick it up this week sometime!

My 2 Kahrs already fill this niche, but Interested to see how you like it, Keith.
Originally Posted by local_dirt

My 2 Kahrs already fill this niche, but Interested to see how you like it, Keith.

So, to equal the firepower of the P365, you carry two Kahrs?
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/18/18
No. Sizewise. Which I generally don't worry much about, anyway.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/18/18
My main reason of interest in the P-365 is that I want as small a compact platform to wear while in an office environment, that still accommodates a 9mm cartridge, and at least 10 rounds on hand.
I've been wearing my G-19, but have to choose my wardrobe carefully to ensure no disclosure.

I ordered a Vedder Light tuck for it, should be here by the end of the week!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/19/18
Hope you like it, Keith. And look forward to your review.
Posted By: frogman43 Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/22/18
So far, weather and time constraints have kept me from running an in depth test of the new P365.....however, I can say without hesitation, that I am liking the way this little platform is performing!

It's easier to shoot and more accurate than I anticipated. With a Vedder Light Tuck, I barely know I have it on and it's virtually impossible to detect, and that's exactly what I needed!

Frankly, it's compact enough that it could take over BUG duties from my old S&W 38 Airweight!
Posted By: gmoats Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/22/18
I hosted a Handgun Combatives class with Dave Spaulding here at my range this past week……one of the students had a 365 that he brought along just to let people try it…….I was sort of so-so about it, but my wife shot it and said, "I'd like one of those!" I'm a firm believer that one should NEVER let a statement like that from your wife go unrewarded. When the class was over one of the students wanted to go to Saratoga and check out the Wolf Hotel (he's a big C.J. Box fan)…..across the street the LGS was having a big open house…..to make a long story intolerable, they had one marked at $539 so it came home with me. I put it under my wife's pillow….when she found it I said, "my gosh there's not only a tooth fairy but also a gun fairy!" ("gun fairy" is not a left hand reference to Flave!!). Anyway---too early to tell about reliability…..will keep you informed. It did make her very happy with me though.

I can tell you that it's smaller than her Shield and the grip looks and feels THINNER than the Shield with a Hogue rubber wrap around it. That surprised me!
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: Hickok45 on the P365 - 07/22/18
My main reason of interest in the P-365 is that I want as small a compact platform to wear while in an office environment, that still accommodates a 9mm cartridge, and at least 10 rounds on hand.
I've been wearing my G-19, but have to choose my wardrobe carefully to ensure no disclosure.

A very common scenario in my neck of the urban woods. Sometimes the choice is unarmed vs completely concealed and always properly armed. Perfect role for the P365
Originally Posted by Wildcatter264

A very common scenario in my neck of the urban woods. Sometimes the choice is unarmed vs completely concealed and always properly armed. Perfect role for the P365

Yeah, but only assuming it works.
© 24hourcampfire