Home
Posted By: 65BR M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 03/18/18
Finally able to handle a 2.0 Compact. My only con is the grip bite.

2.0 Owners - do you wear gloves? Seems it might be overboard.

Sure looks like a nice platform for a 10mm.

Thoughts? Thanks.
Posted By: MOGC Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 03/18/18
I like it - a lot. I shoot a couple hundred rounds at one time easily through my 2.0 Compact with no discomfort. I carry that gun in a kydex Vedder OWB next to an undershirt concealed with no troubles either.
I like it as is too; but I'm sure a little work with some emery cloth or lightly with a flat file would take the edge off, pun intended. wink

MM
When I bought my 2.0 compact, the grip texture was a non-issue. But since I've had it for a while, the "rough" grip has grown on me; I have no problem shooting 200 rounds in an afternoon. I like the way makes the gun a feel a bit more stable in my hands. My N82 pro iwb holster keeps the grip completely off my skin or undershirt.
Posted By: 65BR Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 03/19/18
Good to know, wondered how it would do when you put a few boxes in a session.

Thanks folks.
Posted By: EdM Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 03/19/18
I like mine, a lot.
Originally Posted by EdM
I like mine, a lot.

Ditto
The grip texture is one of the best improvements. The old M&P was slicker than snot, until you stippled it.
I like it a lot!
Posted By: 65BR Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 03/19/18
Good to hear guys, thanks again.
I bought a 2.0 9mm 5” a few weeks ago and I love it. The feel of it in my opinion is hands down better than the first M&P! I have no issue with the texture of the grip and actually prefer it. I actually like the gun so much I am going to buy two more of them, every time I like something they change it. Lol
Got s 45 shield , same aggressive. strippling .No problem lots of rounds a day but IWB carry does require a tee shirt so it Don't rub on bare skin .
Posted By: 65BR Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 04/16/18
Thanks guys
Originally Posted by ldholton
Got s 45 shield , same aggressive. strippling .No problem lots of rounds a day but IWB carry does require a tee shirt so it Don't rub on bare skin .

My son in FL got a new 45 Shield about a month ago and has already given it the 400 Grit Lesson In Manners.
I like mine just the way it is, wouldn't change anything.

Dick
Like mine better than the skateboard tape we used on our unlimited race guns.
Posted By: 65BR Re: M&P 2.0 grip texture vs Gen 1 - 04/17/18
Good stuff, 400 grit will solve that IWP if needed. Thanks folks.
© 24hourcampfire