Home
Posted By: arkrunner Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/14/18
I bought a nice Smith 29-2 recently and am looking for a nice holster. Im thinking of a Cross Draw. Any suggestions
Bianchi Cyclone.......
Posted By: MOGC Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/14/18
Milt Sparks 200AW or HSR...

Edit: Just noticed the cross draw part. Can't help you there, sorry.
Galco Phoenix
Posted By: K1500 Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/15/18
For a cross draw that also works strong side the bianchi cyclone is hard to beat. I have one for a 586 and it is nice. Not Sparks nice but it is less than half price and can be at your door by the end of the week.
Originally Posted by K1500
For a cross draw that also works strong side the bianchi cyclone is hard to beat. I have one for a 586 and it is nice. Not Sparks nice but it is less than half price and can be at your door by the end of the week.

+1
Posted By: gunzo Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/15/18
For a crossdraw, I like the Bianchi a little bit more than the Galco, probably has to do with my build, nothing more. Both are quality holsters.

For strong side only, the El Paso Saddlery snap off elite is the most comfortable I've ever worn, with the Desantis speed scabbard getting an honorable mention.
Bianchi Cyclone is nice, but I also like Simply Ruggeds holsters.
Galco wheel gunner or DAO
I’m joining Cariboujack on this, Simply Rugged. They make very good holsters and the prces are hard to beat.
Posted By: EdM Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/15/18
I have a crossdraw from this guy and am pleased with it.

https://tuckergunleather.com/cross-draw-belt-holster/
Thanks ill take a look at all of them
Posted By: JOG Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/16/18
Originally Posted by arkrunner
...am looking for a nice holster.

"Nice" can mean lots of things. For utility it's tough to beat the Bianchi Cyclone others have mentioned. The belt slots provide for strong-side and cross-draw, the holster is lined and has an open muzzle so water/debris falls through or can be cleaned out.
I have a Galco DAO and a Bianchi Phoenix and prefer the Galco, the snap on the Phoenix wants to scratch the cylinder when I draw the gun....Hb

Yeah, noticed that can happen...I put a piece of thin porous surgical tape over the snap. Does NOT interfere with the closing of the snap and is easily replaced.
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe

Yeah, noticed that can happen...I put a piece of thin porous surgical tape over the snap. Does NOT interfere with the closing of the snap and is easily replaced.

Good idea.......Hb
Originally Posted by Timberbuck
Galco Phoenix

This....I have been carrying my 329PD in a Phoenix for many years (hunting use)..
https://imgur.com/a/9J4JL i made this over the weekend after looking at all the cross draws mentioned
Posted By: aalf Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/16/18
[Linked Image]
I've got a Simply Rugged for my 4" Mountain Gun. I can wear it strong side or cross draw
Posted By: aalf Re: Favorite 4" N frame holster? - 04/17/18
I bought one of these a while back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gary-Cs-Ave...eather-/112924494261?hash=item1a4ad309b5
© 24hourcampfire