Home
Posted By: gunner500 Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/29/18
Any of you men shooting the gen 4 model 21? I have one the way with the FDE finish and Trijicon sights, thinking of using my handload that chronos 230 gr Gold Dots at 946 fps from my 5" 1911's.

Do these newer gens run as well as the older guns? I carried an old Gen 1 M 21 for 20 plus years with nary a failure.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/29/18
I've got the Gen 4 21, and it works fine. I carried it for a while. No problems. Nothing wrong with Gen 4. They had some early problems with the 19 and 17, but worked it out pretty fast. I think the recoil spring was too heavy when they first came out.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/29/18
Thinking about picking one up myself. LGS has two yelling at me when i go in. Previously owned, though.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/29/18
Thanks for that TRH, sounds good.

LD, you better grab one, I don't think a man can have too many good loaded 45's stashed about his place, I have 500 of the above mentioned 230 gr gold dot loads ready to rip this new pistol in with, and a chit-ton of Nosler 230 gr FMJ-FP seconds to load up and test too.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/29/18
yes. got my 21 that we traded for the 31s when i was still working. no peoblems at all and prefer it over my Gwn 3
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/30/18
G21 is pretty darned good as a .45 ACP. Conversion barrels offer a lot of versatility from that platform. Later Gen 4's seem to be good to go.
Posted By: okie john Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/30/18
Originally Posted by MOGC
G21 is pretty darned good as a .45 ACP. Conversion barrels offer a lot of versatility from that platform. Later Gen 4's seem to be good to go.

How do you define "later"? Not being a dick. Genuinely curious.

Okie John
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/30/18
Yep, for clarity I don't know that early Gen 4 G21's ever had an issue. The 19 and 17 9mm's did have a few issues early on. Later the bugs got worked out. I have a Gen 4 19 that is gtg with no issues. Sorry for any confusion.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/30/18
Thanks G12 and MOGC, didn't know you weren't LEO-ing it anymore Gitem, I'll run her stock for awhile MOGC, the only thing that ever gave me a little stumble time with a Glock was the small, slick slide release, may get a bit bigger one if I slip it a few times.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 06/30/18
Originally Posted by gunner500
Thanks G12 and MOGC, didn't know you weren't LEO-ing it anymore Gitem, I'll run her stock for awhile MOGC, the only thing that ever gave me a little stumble time with a Glock was the small, slick slide release, may get a bit bigger one if I slip it a few times.

gunner, I've found the Ghost Bullet Forward extended release to be golden. I'm left handed, so it was a godsend over the stock one. You can find it a bit cheaper with a Google search, but this is the one. I have them on my 2 Glock carry pieces, G19 and G41. Highly recommend.

https://ghostinc.com/ghost-bullet-forward-slide-release-combat-black/

Posted By: Yondering Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/01/18
the only thing that ever gave me a little stumble time with a Glock was the small, slick slide release, may get a bit bigger one if I slip it a few times.

Or just learn not to use it as a "release"; that simplifies things anyway. The extended Glock slide releases cause more issues than they solve IME.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/01/18
Thanks for the link LD, I'll check into it.

Yondering, when I'm jackassing around training [yeah, I know, funny] here at the farm, as soon as the heel of my left hand slams a fresh mag home my right thumb hits the slide release, having to slam a mag in, then grab the back of the slide to chamber, then re grip the pistol would seem to me like wasting a chit-ton of time, plus, I've hit slide releases so often for so long, don't know if I could train past that.

It's the only way I've ever ran my 1911's too.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/01/18
I don't care for the slingshot method to release the slide. Cost me time and control. Yondering, what issues does the slide release cause in your experience?
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/01/18
Originally Posted by Yondering
the only thing that ever gave me a little stumble time with a Glock was the small, slick slide release, may get a bit bigger one if I slip it a few times.

Or just learn not to use it as a "release"; that simplifies things anyway. The extended Glock slide releases cause more issues than they solve IME.

I've never had any problem using the OEM slide release.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/01/18
Me either...
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/02/18

Absolutely never had a problem with the 2 Ghost Bullet Forward slide releases through thousands of rounds through my guns. Work Perfectly as advertised.

And, as I said. As a lefty, it is a godsend.

I don't care for the slingshot method to release the slide. Cost me time and control.

Yondering, what issues does the slide release cause in your experience?

None, in my experience.

You have to actually use one to have experience with it.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/02/18
As chitty as I am with a pistol, I best not changeup my practice routine, I'll look into that slide release tomorrow LD. smile
Posted By: Yondering Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/03/18
I don't care for the slingshot method to release the slide. Cost me time and control. Yondering, what issues does the slide release cause in your experience?

Mainly bumping it to lock the slide open when firing. Sure, that doesn't happen on a square range with the right grip, but if you train for and intend to use the pistol in times where you don't have the right grip, it can be an issue. Like I said, even if it's not an issue most of the time, it introduces a potential failure point that doesn't need to be there if you change what you do, instead of changing the gun. As some like to say, it's a mechanical solution to a software problem.

Learning to rack the slide after inserting a mag makes your reloads the same drill as malfunction clearing - tap rack. That's not a slingshot grip either, use an overhand grip. It's faster and stronger, and not difficult to learn with a little practice.

I have not used the Ghost forward extended version, but still don't see the need for a slide lock that sticks out if you're not playing race gun games.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/04/18
So would you design a gun with no slide lock whatsoever? Otherwise how do you get around the always present chance that the slide lock could accidentally be bumped to lock the slide? That doesn't have anything to do with releasing the slide, so at the point of slide lock why not use the slide lock to do its job? Not being a smartass, just for discussion.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/04/18

Mainly bumping it to lock the slide open when firing. Sure, that doesn't happen on a square range with the right grip, but if you train for and intend to use the pistol in times where you don't have the right grip, it can be an issue. Like I said, even if it's not an issue most of the time, it introduces a potential failure point that doesn't need to be there if you change what you do, instead of changing the gun. As some like to say, it's a mechanical solution to a software problem.

Learning to rack the slide after inserting a mag makes your reloads the same drill as malfunction clearing - tap rack. That's not a slingshot grip either, use an overhand grip. It's faster and stronger, and not difficult to learn with a little practice.

I have not used the Ghost forward extended version, but still don't see the need for a slide lock that sticks out if you're not playing race gun games.

Yondering, I examined 2 Gen3 G21's today. The Ghost Bullet Forward slide release does not stick out any further than what I was told was the stock Gen3 slide releases on those 2 guns. The Ghost version is, however, longer and gives me a better purchase from my index fmger on my left hand.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/04/18
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Yondering, I examined 2 Gen3 G21's today. The Ghost Bullet Forward slide release does not stick out any further than what I was told was the stock Gen3 slide releases on those 2 guns. The Ghost version is, however, longer and gives me a better purchase from my index fmger on my left hand.

Interesting and good to know. Like I said, I hadn't seen that one so it's new info to me. Ghost generally makes good parts, although some of them are more suitable for competition than carry. Nothing wrong with competition parts either, when used in the correct role.

MOGC, to your point, I have actually considered cutting off the external tab on my stock slide locks for that reason, leaving just enough to catch with a finger. The stock Glock slide locks are pretty minimal though so I haven't had a need to do that. Only time I touch them is to lock the slide back intentionally; I never use them as a release.

Personally I see the extended Glock (not talking about the new Ghost part, again) pieces in the same category as their gen 3 extended magazine release - maybe helpful in gun games but a detriment in a fighting gun. I've lost mags to those extended mag releases several times in training, although some guys just love them.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/09/18
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Overall very happy with fit, function and accuracy so far. smile
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/09/18
Typical Glock. First one?

As for the trigger, it's easy (with a little practice) to get into the habit of bringing it right back to the wall after each shot, and then the break is rather like that on a single action auto. People mess up when they try to squeeze it like a double action revolver, sweeping it all the way through. You need to feel the wall and the break every time to get good accuracy, and with a little practice this can become a fast and automatic process. Before you know it, you will be accurately firing double and triple taps that way like a two or three shot burst subgun. Well, at least in a 9mm. I don't much shoot my 21, so haven't gotten to that point with a hard kicker like that, but who knows. Glocks are great guns, and will serve you well with a little well considered trigger time behind them.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/09/18
Good to know, and No, I had a Gen 1 model 21 back in the day, carried it a hell of a lot more than I shot it, but, even back then with 230 gr XPT handloads with AA-#7 powder it never failed, even with my staggering and newly found handloading skills. grin

After I slow fired the first two mags for groups at 20, then ripped a full mag as fast as I could, I slow fired the last mag, but this time I kept my finger on the trigger as the pistol reloaded itself, came off the back wall to see if it had a short reset trigger like my P226, I'll have to admit, not bad at all for the Glock, I believe a man can fire pretty decent groups with that procedure as well.

I have to give a shout out too CHLInstructor [Neal], he sent me that new two tone [FDE lower] M-21 with Trijicon night sights, a brand new extra 13 round magazine, for a total of four mags, as well as a new Glock extended mag release, and all four grip backstrap pieces for 485 bucks, the pistol is flawless without a mark on it, though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long.

Thanks Neal! I appreciate the extra "above and beyond the call" my Friend. smile
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/10/18
Thanks Buddy! Glad you like it!
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/10/18
...though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long

That's where they shine best IMHO... The G21 is a great choice for that duty, as you know. I use my G20 as a pure working and woods bumming gun and it's super in that role.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/10/18
Good to know, and No, I had a Gen 1 model 21 back in the day, carried it a hell of a lot more than I shot it, but, even back then with 230 gr XPT handloads with AA-#7 powder it never failed, even with my staggering and newly found handloading skills. grin

After I slow fired the first two mags for groups at 20, then ripped a full mag as fast as I could, I slow fired the last mag, but this time I kept my finger on the trigger as the pistol reloaded itself, came off the back wall to see if it had a short reset trigger like my P226, I'll have to admit, not bad at all for the Glock, I believe a man can fire pretty decent groups with that procedure as well.

I have to give a shout out too CHLInstructor [Neal], he sent me that new two tone [FDE lower] M-21 with Trijicon night sights, a brand new extra 13 round magazine, for a total of four mags, as well as a new Glock extended mag release, and all four grip backstrap pieces for 485 bucks, the pistol is flawless without a mark on it, though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long.

Thanks Neal! I appreciate the extra "above and beyond the call" my Friend. smile

Congratulations, gunner. Sounds like you.got a nicely configured, great shooting gun at a fair price.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/10/18
...though as a farm and work bang em up truck/tractor pistol it wont remain that way for long

That's where they shine best IMHO... The G21 is a great choice for that duty, as you know. I use my G20 as a pure working and woods bumming gun and it's super in that role.

Thanks again CHLI.

You bet MOGC, it should fill that role with ease, I dumped another mag this morning in the fog, reloaded it and carried it with me today, I usually carry friction retention leather holsters for my 1911's and even have one for my P226, the Serpa is a different animal altogether, one ALWAYS NEEDS to remember to keep that trigger finger perfectly flat on drawing, I could see in haste or under stress it'd be easy to fu-k up with that holster. smile
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/10/18
Damn! got the M-21 Gen 4 in today, FFL Guy installed the new extended mag release for me right there at the shop, he sold me a Blawkhawk Serpa holster too, hurried home, grabbed a pile of ammo and went to the bench, happy to report this pistol shoots to the sights with the 230 gr Gold Dot load at 963 fps, the 230 gr fmj-fp's at 950 also land with the gold dots in a snuff can sized group at a braced 20 yards.

Also damn glad to report all four 13 round mags are drop free, I heated her up pretty good running four full mags through it right quick, ran like a sewing machine, she's wiped off and on a cool down, jacking with the trigger dry firing it now, will take time to get used to that.

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18

Congratulations, gunner. Sounds like you.got a nicely configured, great shooting gun at a fair price.

Thanks Dirt, I missed this post, we must have hit the go switch about the same time, I'm still in stupor dumbass mode from getting a new gun, I meant to say "EXTENDED SLIDE RELEASE" instead of extended mag release, the one that came stock on this pistol is just fine and seems to be bigger than the old one I remember from my Gen 1.
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Jerry that totally doesnt surprise me. and speaking from personal knowledge..those gold dots will work for theire intended purpose as well

Thanks G12, good to know about the Gold Dots, I've never used them on anything but water jugs and other homemade test media, they always expanded well and penetrated okay, good to know they work on meat too. smile
Posted By: MOGC Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18
Gunner, if you find you don't care so much for the Serpa, the Safariland ALS is a decent OWB gun locking kydex holster for not much money. The ALS rides comfortably, is intuitive and easy to release the thumb break lock, protects the gun and seems tough.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18

Thanks again CHLI.

You bet MOGC, it should fill that role with ease, I dumped another mag this morning in the fog, reloaded it and carried it with me today, I usually carry friction retention leather holsters for my 1911's and even have one for my P226, the Serpa is a different animal altogether, one ALWAYS NEEDS to remember to keep that trigger finger perfectly flat on drawing, I could see in haste or under stress it'd be easy to fu-k up with that holster. smile

Ever see the YouTube video of Tex-somebody shooting himself in the butt?
With the Serpa, yes.
Gunner, if you find you don't care so much for the Serpa, the Safariland ALS is a decent OWB gun locking kydex holster for not much money. The ALS rides comfortably, is intuitive and easy to release the thumb break lock, protects the gun and seems tough.

Thanks for the tip on the Safariland ALS, if it has an inside thump sweep release or some such it would have to be a better [safer] design.

Dillonbuck, no, I haven't seen the guy shooting himself in the butt, did he draw from the appendix position or something?
With the Serpa, yes.

OOPS, confirms my suspicions with that design! grin
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18

Thanks for the tip on the Safariland ALS, if it has an inside thump sweep release or some such it would have to be a better [safer] design.

Dillonbuck, no, I haven't seen the guy shooting himself in the butt, did he draw from the appendix position or something?

thigh with an exit below the knee.

the ALS is a much better design
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18
Saw that video. I'm not so sure that one rubbed out.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/11/18

he does a follow up video after the incident. it doesnt make hik look any kess retarded

thigh with an exit below the knee.

the ALS is a much better design

SHEEITTT! if it crossed and exited the offside that would mucho suck, fmj would help it suck less too.

he does a follow up video after the incident. it doesnt make hik look any kess retarded

LOL, I'll go look for that video.
Tex Grubner or something like that. He's a goober...
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/12/18

Thanks G12, good to know about the Gold Dots, I've never used them on anything but water jugs and other homemade test media, they always expanded well and penetrated okay, good to know they work on meat too. smile

Jerry, I’ve had good results with the 230 gr Gold Dots on hogs here at our Ranch. And I’ve also killed several with the 125 gr Gold Dots out of my 357 Sig in my Glock 32. They are just about my favorite HP bullet. I’ve taken several deer with them too.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/12/18
Tex Grubner or something like that. He's a goober...

"I just fu-king shot myself!!!!!" laughlaugh goober is right ;]
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/12/18
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Jerry, I’ve had good results with the 230 gr Gold Dots on hogs here at our Ranch. And I’ve also killed several with the 125 gr Gold Dots out of my 357 Sig in my Glock 32. They are just about my favorite HP bullet. I’ve taken several deer with them too.

Good damn deal Neal, always wondered about the gold dots and game, nice knowing they'll work for that if called on too do so. smile

Thank You.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/13/18
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/13/18
Damn, is that lingo a parody, or does the kid really act that way? nevertheless, his heart seems to be in the right place, and we've damn sure had worse enemies, at least he likes guns, hunting and fishing and tries to be helpful. smile
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/17/18
[Linked Image]

So Glock 21s are exceptionally durable .45s. I have fired many tens of thousands of rounds through various ones, both owned and issued.

They also will handle hard cast bullets with ease. .45s are rather low pressure, and while I don't recommend it with the .40s or 10mms in stock barrels, the standard barrels are G2G. For many yers I ran 200 ran H&G SWCs with 4.3 grains of Clays as my standard USPSA/IPSC load and used to run around 10K a year through my personal gun.

great accuracy and soft shooters.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/18/18
Nice, and Thanks for the vote of confidence in the M-21, I must say, this is the softest shooting 45 ACP with full power loads I've ever fired, if ever a case was to be made for staying on target and delivering a heavy payload the M-21 would be what I'd grab, recoil impulse is next to nil with this tank.

I carry it daily now, just so damn handy around the farm without worry of dust, dirt or scratching it up, no worries about it going boom if need be either. for some reason the shorter barrel on this pistol chronos about 15 fps faster than my 5" 1911's, hi-cap, shoots to the sights, I don't believe I could have picked a better utility carry piece.
Posted By: cowhand1972 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/18/18
Have two Gen4 m-21 love them. The gold dots are awesome in them. I did some testing with dead cow meat/bones, layers of blue jean denim,card board, cow hide in various arrangements. The gold dots don't plug up and drive deep. Some other bullets not so much.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/19/18
Originally Posted by cowhand1972
Have two Gen4 m-21 love them. The gold dots are awesome in them. I did some testing with dead cow meat/bones, layers of blue jean denim,card board, cow hide in various arrangements. The gold dots don't plug up and drive deep. Some other bullets not so much.

Good deal Cowhand, interestingly enough, I went with the 230 gr gold dots for short barreled guns, they have a much shallower hollow point hole than the standard gold dots, my thinking was they'll still expand plenty wide enough, but, retain much more shank length for digging on in and penetrating a bit more, less of a shirt button [over expansion/pancake] effect than the standard GD's. smile

I carry that load in two 45 ACP's, a custom commander length bobtail 1911 and this newer M-21 Glock, hope some meat wanders in close enough this hunting season to try one out.
Posted By: Yondering Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/19/18
The short barrel Gold Dots are designed to expand more, not less. They're intended for the lower velocity of short barrels.

Better test them to see if they do what you want them to do.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/19/18
The short barrel Gold Dots are designed to expand more, not less. They're intended for the lower velocity of short barrels.

Better test them to see if they do what you want them to do.

Yup, funny to read the box and have the bullets do the exact opposite, I loaded both styles to like velocities and shot into homemade testing media, they penetrated alike, with the SB design going in a little deeper, expansion was the same, but, the SB design had a markedly longer remaining shank.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/27/18
Do any of you men customize [alter] the grip on your M-21's? my middle finger splits the hump on the Gen4 grip, I don't remember the first Gen I had many moons ago causing me this issue.

If I could get rid of the humps and/or maybe file? the trigger guard for a higher grip all would be perfect with this pistol.
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/27/18

Not a 21 but I sanded the hump and sanded the finger grooves off my gen 4 model 19. It made it much more comfortable to shoot.
Thanks Bearcat, I would be much less dangerous with manual [slow] speed sandpaper than a dremel.

I dremeled the trigger guard, going very slowly. The finger grooves were removed with my worksharp knife sharpener with the green sanding belt, again going slow.

I watched several YouTube videos before working on mine.
Hell of a deal, Thanks again, I never thought about looking for youtube videos on the subject, I do know this is becoming my favorite bang around the farm and work pistol, I tend to mind my nice 1911's, don't want to brush up against anything and scuff up the grips, blue, polished stainless etc on them, this gun don't care! smile

My 19 was beating my middle knuckle to death before I ground the guard. A kid I used to coach brought his 19 down that he had worked the grip over on and it was much easier to shoot. He told me to check out YouTube on how to grind the guard and grip. The big sanding drum with fine paper worked great on the guard and the belt sander worked great on the grooves. My Gen 2 model 20 feel better than any of my other Glocks because of no grooves so I made my 19 grooveless.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/28/18
That'll work, think I'll work the trigger guard over first, that may allow my fingers to ride in the grooves vs on top of them, pinky will still hang off the bottom a little, but, resting on the face of the mag bottom will add a bit more surface area, as little as this pistol recoils it shouldn't be an issue anyway, I do like to settle in tight, high and square on any handgun as far as grip is concerned.
Posted By: viking Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/28/18
I still like my old 21 the best. No grooves and a 4 pound trigger. I like my gen 3 model 17 almost as well. My gen 4 model 35 and I just can't seem to get a long, heck I like the gen 3 model 27 better.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 07/28/18
I'm conforming nicely to the differences between this M-21 and my 1911's, different animals for damn sure, but, easy to see why the Glocks are so popular, very simple to run, even if it still looks like I'm aiming a board peering down that wide slide to the front sight of the 21. smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/13/18
Took the Glock 21 and DW 1911 10mm out this morning before the rains, brought along the chrono and a big back log stick of firewood, the M21 loads with the 230 Gold dots and 230 gr fmj-fp's both ran around 964 fps and shot to the sights plenty close enough for SD work, the 10mm with 200 gr XTP's at 1200 and 140 gr Lehigh XP's shot into the same bullet cluster as the 45's, I knew this was going to be fun, but not this much.

Waiting on a call from Mr. Huntington on when to send my FA 454 to him for a 500 JRH conversion, thinking 440's at a comfortable 1000 fps should suffice.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/13/18
Took the Glock 21 and DW 1911 10mm out this morning before the rains, brought along the chrono and a big back log stick of firewood, the M21 loads with the 230 Gold dots and 230 gr fmj-fp's both ran around 964 fps and shot to the sights plenty close enough for SD work, the 10mm with 200 gr XTP's at 1200 and 140 gr Lehigh XP's shot into the same bullet cluster as the 45's, I knew this was going to be fun, but not this much.

Waiting on a call from Mr. Huntington on when to send my FA 454 to him for a 500 JRH conversion, thinking 440's at a comfortable 1000 fps should suffice.

Gunner, you are just having WAY too much fun. smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/13/18

Gunner, ypu are just having WAY too much fun. smile

Darn right Dirt, it was a rainy crappy muddy day here on the farm today, perfect for that Glock 21.
Posted By: bcraig Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/23/18

Darn right Dirt, it was a rainy crappy muddy day here on the farm today, perfect for that Glock 21.

Sounds good to me
I got a Gen4 G21 that should be here tomorrow,I already got a 10mm barrel on the way so I will have the ability to shoot cheap 45 FMJ,then I can shoot either the 45 super from the 45 barrel or the 10mm for deer hunting.Now that's a versatile pistol !!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/23/18
Originally Posted by bcraig

Sounds good to me
I got a Gen4 G21 that should be here tomorrow,I already got a 10mm barrel on the way so I will have the ability to shoot cheap 45 FMJ,then I can shoot either the 45 super from the 45 barrel or the 10mm for deer hunting.Now that's a versatile pistol !!

That is versatile. Did you buy the gun used? I'm seeing them locally used for asking price ~ $450. Both Gen 3's and Gen 4's.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/23/18
Congrats Craig, I sanded the finger grooves off my Gen4 and put a strip of skateboard tape on the front strap, that sombuck is GTG now, the high points of the grooves rode right is the middle of my fingers, feels much better now.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/23/18
I had my M21 out in the rain at the barn again just a few minutes ago Dirt, those guns are the 4X4 with off road lockers of the pistol world, mud, dirt, rain, dust, it doesn't matter, wipe the damn things off when you get in a forget it, mines sitting right here with 14 230 gr gold dots ready to rip. smile
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/24/18
Welcome to the plastic pistol mafia, Brother Jerry.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/24/18
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Welcome to the plastic pistol mafia, Brother Jerry.

Thanks, Glad to be here Reverend Tide! smile
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/24/18
I really dig the 21 , but fell in love with and prefer the 41 now ... became my everyday gun and don’t see it changing .
Posted By: bcraig Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/24/18
Looks like my G21 wont be in till this coming week as the dealer I use did not have enough orders to get shipping discount from wherever he gets them from !
Oh Well
My 6 inch 10mm Storm Creek Barrel I ordered from a guy on Ebay aint here nor the Endo Tactical brace adapter,nor the Burris Fastfire III 3moa.

Now I got to figure out which Dovetail optics mount I want to get

I am thinking about getting one that when I don't have the optic on it that I will be able to use the mount as a rear sight,

Any thoughts on a dovetail Mount for the G21 ?
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/27/18
Originally Posted by jmd025
I really dig the 21 , but fell in love with and prefer the 41 now ... became my everyday gun and don’t see it changing .

Not familiar with the 41, been banging around the farm most of the weekend, this 21 never left my side, perfect work play gun.

bcraig, sounds like you have good combo ideas in the works, hope you get your banger this week, I have no experience with a dovetail mount.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/27/18

Not familiar with the 41, been banging around the farm most of the weekend, this 21 never left my side, perfect work play gun.

bcraig, sounds like you have good combo ideas in the works, hope you get your banger this week, I have no experience with a dovetail mount.

41 is just the “practical /tactical “ (per glock) long slide version . Slide is thinner and longer than the 21 but pretty similar otherwise.

[img]http://imgur.com/a/3gD8dVJ[/img]

Posted By: bcraig Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/27/18

I have gotten the Endo adapter and the Storm Creek 6 inch stainless barrel so far and was assured the G21 would be in by The 28th.
The Burris Fastfire III should be in any time this week.
Now just need to decide on a Mounting system and ammo .
I may decide the Endo is Just a toy But sure am looking forward to getting the G21.The 10mm Barrel I got off of ebay is a Beaut,looks good inside and out.

Sounds good to me

That is versatile. Did you buy the gun used? I'm seeing them locally used for asking price ~ $450. Both Gen 3's and Gen 4's.

I got my gun dealer to order it for me new,Cost me 585 bucks out the door and this with 11% tax !

Sounds good to me

585 Gen 4 out the door,and this with 11% tax !

Yeah I hope so,Here is the 10mm Barrel I picked up for it to expand my ammo opportunities and deplete my billfold faster !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Storm-Lake-Glock-21-21SF-10mm-6-02-Conv-Extd-Stainless-Barrel-Stormlake-34018/322333148265?epid=1847666814&hash=item4b0c8d8469%3Am%3AmVo7rzqlqvDK4s7sZ9HHS9w%3Asc%3AUSPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope%2139110%21US%21-1&var=511238446242
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/27/18

Much love for the 41 here, too. Been carrying one every day for going on a year.

Looking to pick up and try a 21, too. Just because.

As gunner said, you can't have.too many .45's. smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/28/18

41 is just the “practical /tactical “ (per glock) long slide version . Slide is thinner and longer than the 21 but pretty similar otherwise.

10-4, damn good hunting piece too I bet. smile

Yeah I hope so,Here is the 10mm Barrel I picked up for it to expand my ammo opportunities and deplete my billfold faster !
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Storm-Lake-Glock-21-21SF-10mm-6-02-Conv-Extd-Stainless-Barrel-Stormlake-34018/322333148265?epid=1847666814&hash=item4b0c8d8469%3Am%3AmVo7rzqlqvDK4s7sZ9HHS9w%3Asc%3AUSPSPriorityMailPaddedFlatRateEnvelope%2139110%21US%21-1&var=511238446242

A couple three hundred rounds of Underwood hardcasts will complete the deflation. smile But hey, why do we work? ;]
Posted By: jmd025 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/28/18

10-4, damn good hunting piece too I bet. smile

I’ve put down a handful of wild pigs with it , enough to feel pretty cozy .

https://i.imgur.com/yYBf391.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/C4kOGNe.jpg
Nice!
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/28/18
Very nice! Lotta good eatin there!

My G41

http://imgur.com/gallery/WD1PQko
[img]http://imgur.com/gallery/WD1PQko[/img]

Hackathorns, Ghost bullet forward slide release, Ghost.3.5 connector, mag release switched to right side.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/28/18

A couple three hundred rounds of Underwood hardcasts will complete the deflation. smile But hey, why do we work? ;]

bcraig, Congrats on the new pistola.
Posted By: bcraig Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/29/18
Thanks Guys for the well wishes
My pistol came in on Monday But I was out of town and cant pick it up till tomorrow.

I have an early morning afternoon appointment with a dentist to try and get some dentures then I will go by the gunshop and Pickup my Pistol.

IF I get Lucky I will Get My Pistol and get my Teeth tomorrow !!
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/29/18
LOL, Damn, you can celebrate getting your new pistol by breaking those new teeth in on a big fat steak on the way to the house! smile

Congrats!
Posted By: bcraig Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/30/18
LOL, Damn, you can celebrate getting your new pistol by breaking those new teeth in on a big fat steak on the way to the house! smile

Congrats!

Well went to the dentistry school and picked out the color and size of teeth I wanted and then Guy told me that the school would be closed next week for spring break and he would not be back till the 19th ! Well Hell

But I did go by the gun shop and pickup the G21 so the day was saved

In addition even though I could not eat a steak I did visit with my Mom and found out she was Fish hungry so I went and got us a couple of Fried Catfish steak plates along with the trimmings of fried okra,fries,hush puppies and slaw..,had no problem eating that with no teeth !
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/30/18
Haha. Good move on the fish fry, bcraig.

Adapt, survive, enjoy. smile

Hope to hear some range reports soon on the G21.

BTW, if anybody is looking for a new Gen 4. Georgia Gun will push one out to you for $524, if you ask nice. smile

==============================

email from them when I requested lowest price quote:

Thanks for your interest, the following link will be active for 2 days allowing you to purchase the product.
GLOCK 21 GEN4 45ACP 13RD 3 MAGS
Product price: $524.29
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Gen 4 M-21 Glock - 08/30/18
smile
© 24hourcampfire