Home
I don't think 80% would be a challenge for me.
I bet I can outshoot Peter Strzok, all he can shoot of is his mouth.
Nope. Not in the Cop business and not at all interested in what they do.
I saw some tactical ball point pens the other day. But that’s probably more cia-ish.

Sorry to say I left them on the shelf.
LOL. I've actually got a tactical ball point pen, put out by Smith & Wesson. I never carry it, though. Just bought it for kicks. If carried, it would in fact be a very useful weapon. Maybe I'll start carrying it in place of my Montblanc Meisterstuck.
It sounds easier than what my grandfather did in the early 40's when he scored a perfect score on this and became one of the "Possible Club" members. I've got the original target he shot, the pistol he shot it with, the medal he got for it, and the congratulatory letter from J. Edgar Hoover to him for it. All with a revolver:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My grandfather is on the right:

[Linked Image]
Are back flips required, or are they bonus points.
A back flip into an incapacitating leg shot, so suspect can be interrogated, qualifies for "Special" agent.
tag
Originally Posted by RyanTX
It sounds easier than what my grandfather did in the early 40's when he scored a perfect score on this and became one of the "Possible Club" members. I've got the original target he shot, the pistol he shot it with, the medal he got for it, and the congratulatory letter from J. Edgar Hoover to him for it. All with a revolver:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My grandfather is on the right:

[Linked Image]

Now THAT is cool.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
]

That's impressive!

Real treasures and mementos you have there. That's awesome.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Are back flips required, or are they bonus points.
A back flip into an incapacitating leg shot, so suspect can be interrogated, qualifies for "Special" agent.

The bigger problem was the dumbass picking up the revolver with his finger inside the trigger guard.
Piece of cake....
Thanks fellas. I used to bring him for "show and tell" at school when I was little. He'd fingerprint the kids and showed us how to pick the lock to the janitor closet, ha.

I've got some old pics of him doing firearms training for the Indiana State police and other pics of him doing exhibition shooting. He was a special agent from 1938 till 1965.
Thanks fellas. I used to bring him for "show and tell" at school when I was little. He'd fingerprint the kids and showed us how to pick the lock to the janitor closet, ha.

I've got some old pics of him doing firearms training for the Indiana State police and other pics of him doing exhibition shooting. He was a special agent from 1938 till 1965.

Did he carry a Colt Detective Special?
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep, this one here. He bought it the year he went into the FBI. I also have a bunch of Tommy gun stick mags and a drum, some of them still loaded that he had. Too bad he didn't still have that gun, ha. Also, his grandfather was a sheriff in Texas, and I have his 1887 Colt SAA as well.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yep, this one here. He bought it the year he went into the FBI. I also have a bunch of Tommy gun stick mags and a drum, some of them still loaded that he had. Too bad he didn't still have that gun, ha. Also, his grandfather was a sheriff in Texas, and I have his 1887 Colt SAA as well.

[Linked Image]

Very cool. I figured it would have been a Detective Special, based on the dates you provided.
Been a long time for me when I fired the FBI course in their training sessions for local law enforcement but I fired a possible in 1951 or 1952. My recollection was that at that time you first fired phase III, @ the 7 yard line. There was a break and you walked back to the 60 yard line for the remainder of the course. Best I recall it was 50 rounds of ammo in your weak side pocket, no speed loaders, and that it was broken down in 5 and 10 round strings. Also, the time frames were shorter from my recollection. I thought is was 3 minutes and 25 seconds, the 25 seconds for the quick draw and the balance for the rest of the course. We only fired the course a couple or 3 times during the training session and there was so much crammed into us that my recollection could be off. It was all fired with 38 caliber revolvers, no magnums nor semi autos. I don't recall any certificates being issued but that may have been only for the sessions at Quantico. We fired at La Tuna Correctional, a prison on the Texas-New Mexico border.
my brother in law spent much of his years in the FBI as a firearms instructor. Quantico, Ft. Smith, NYC, Miami. He is one helluva shot, and continues to train and mentor shooters.
I doubt anyone on here couldn’t pass this...with all head shots. Our PPC is similar and its a snap for anyone that isn’t blind or doesn’t have carpal tunnel syndrome. Even with a big mean .40.
Are you kidding? Most here would be tops. I know a person with White house security that a 10' piece of cardboard is safe at 7 yards and an air marshal the same. Air marshal with a .357 Sig. He would kill all the passengers before ever hitting the jerk. He lives behind me and I hear him shoot all the time. He was here once when he is welcome at any time. I think when he seen us take water bottles at 100 yards with revolvers he got a lesson. We took his gun to punch the center out.
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
Are you kidding? Most here would be tops. I know a person with White house security that a 10' piece of cardboard is safe at 7 yards and an air marshal the same. Air marshal with a .357 Sig. He would kill all the passengers before ever hitting the jerk. He lives behind me and I hear him shoot all the time. He was here once when he is welcome at any time. I think when he seen us take water bottles at 100 yards with revolvers he got a lesson. We took his gun to punch the center out.

LOL. I've shot next to a few cops and had the same reaction to their performance.

We're enthusiasts (it's how we enjoy our spare time), while to most of them, a gun is merely a tool of their trade that they are obliged to maintain a minimal skill with.
© 24hourcampfire