Home
Posted By: Yondering New Glock 24 round 9mm mags - 09/18/18
For those who aren't aware but might like these - Glock recently released a 24 round 9mm magazine that is similar in size to the 22 round .40 mag. I bought one from Brownells, and only have a couple hundred rounds through it so far but it seems to be good to go with the same quality as other Glock mags. Shown below between a 33rd mag and a standard 17rd. The new 24rd mag seems like a good size for a backup mag.

Also, there are new FDE mags in 17rd and 33rd flavors; I picked up a couple of the brown 33's and they seem good to go as well. These new mags all have the bright orange followers.

[Linked Image]

Here ya go:

[Linked Image]

Yondering,

Solid copy on the Glock mags. Good info.

Reference your pics and what it was showing above, I was having the same problem, and David Walter here had to post the pic like I just did for you.

Then I contacted imgur and asked to be educated in how to correct such things.

Skipping right to the punchline... when you see this:

"[img]https://i.imgur.com/MY203uT.jpg?1[/img]"

Simply remove the "?1"

and the pic will appear like it should. It has something to do with a pic that has been edited.for size, cropped, etc.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!
33 rounders have been available for awhile
Thanks Mckay, that's what I ended up figuring out too.

TBREW - yep I've been using the 33 round version for a long time, the black one in the pic is an old one. It's the 24 round, and the brown colored 33 and 17 round that are new. The brown colored mags are to match the new gen 5 guns, and it looks like the bright orange followers came out about the same time. They all work well, just minor improvements over the years.
I have a half dozen of the 33 rounders, but I guess I might pick up one or two of those 24 rounders, too. What the heck. More versatility can't be bad.
Those 24-rounders might be a nice match for the new Ruger carbine.
Posted By: MOGC Re: New Glock 24 round 9mm mags - 09/18/18
I think the 24 round magazine was developed when Glock ran its entry in the last U.S. Military handgun trials that Sig won with the 320.
Originally Posted by MOGC
I think the 24 round magazine was developed when Glock ran its entry in the last U.S. Military handgun trials that Sig won with the 320.

You may be right about that. I've heard it's just a hair too long for the IPSC or USPSA rules, but I don't shoot those and can't confirm. If it's not for competition use though, there must be another reason besides it just being a nice size, and you've probably hit the nail on the head.

Regardless, they are a better alternative to mag extensions on 17 rd mags, and fit nicely in a pocket for walking around.
© 24hourcampfire