Home
Posted By: johnnyappleseed hundred year old smith - 12/05/18
I recently acquired this 100 year old 22 long rifle hand ejector. I'm gonna have to sell a stainless ruger 22 cal single six with magnum cylinder to justify the expense.[Linked Image]
Posted By: smithrjd Re: hundred year old smith - 12/05/18
A 22/32 Heavy Frame Target, known as the Bekeart model. Mine is 102 years old from 1916. These are fun revolvers, very accurate and as a I frame rather small and lite. The cylinder will not be recessed, so I would suggest Standard velocity 22LR. https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/tmp/86246.jpg

Attached picture 2232.jpg
Posted By: 257heaven Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
Wow!! That is nice. I'd definitely shoot it and I'd definitely let go of the Single Six to help pay for it.
Posted By: n8dawg6 Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
that thing is worth a box of single sixes. nice six shooter.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
That's a great find and a keeper.

DF
Posted By: gunner500 Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
NICE! hope you'll enjoy shooting the hell out of that one! smile
Posted By: local_dirt Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
Wow! Very nice!
Posted By: johnw Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
Impressive

Real impressive...
Posted By: Redneck Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
From the header I thought it was some really old geezer 'smith still installing sights.. laugh laugh
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
Johnnyappleseed: Good for you on the cool acquisition!
You ("I") don't see those every day.
If you have time could you post another picture showing the sights a little better.
TIA
And enjoy ownership of that century old Smith.
And thanks for sharing.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: watch4bear Re: hundred year old smith - 12/06/18
nice find in that condition.
Posted By: EdM Re: hundred year old smith - 12/07/18
Nice. I picked mine up at the Post Falls Idaho Cabelas a couple of years ago. Stupid accurate.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
The sights are tiny so I'm gonna help them out a little bit. Looks like this thing was shipped some time in late 1915 to early 1916. I've sold or horse traded about ten .22 pistols over the years. I think I've found the holy grail and I'll keep this one. I've got about 1500 rounds of ammo. waiting for it.
Posted By: smithrjd Re: hundred year old smith - 12/07/18
I believe that the front sight is original, the white outlines on the rear sight is not. Could have been either a V notch or a U notch. Some disagreement on when that happened. Mine from 1916 has a U notch and a patridge front sight. If you take the sight off, it will also be serial numbered to the gun if original. Looks like the stocks have been modified, the "hump" is smaller than original. Overall a great find and one not seen often. I shoot mine all of the time, get a lot of looks as well, especially after I tell folks it is over 100 years old.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: hundred year old smith - 12/11/18
Originally Posted by Redneck
From the header I thought it was some really old geezer 'smith still installing sights.. laugh laugh

Yeah, I took a double take on that one, as well...

DF
© 24hourcampfire