Home
Posted By: vacrt2002 New Colt Cobra - 12/09/18
Any members have experience with the new Colt Cobra 38p+?

Experience and opinions sought.

Thank you

Greg
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: New Colt Cobra - 12/09/18
If it weren't so expensive, I'd consider it. You can buy a nice old Colt Detective Special that can be carried with +P without a problem (just don't feed them a regular diet of it), and for a good bit less than they're asking for these.
Posted By: CrimsonTide Re: New Colt Cobra - 12/09/18
When you handle one, you will see a stronger resemblance to Charter Arms than to the Colt. As a matter of fact, the first time I saw one, my first thought was: "Somebody stamped a horse on a Charter Arms." The trigger isn't bad, but the rest of the product leaves me cold.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: New Colt Cobra - 12/09/18
Another sad chapter in Colt's story. The one I handled was not the quality I was expecting in the least. I'd buy a new Smith or used Colt.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: New Colt Cobra - 12/10/18
i like mine. It is accurate and its less of a Cobra and more of a Colt Detective Special but its a nice handgun.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: New Colt Cobra - 12/10/18
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
When you handle one, you will see a stronger resemblance to Charter Arms than to the Colt. As a matter of fact, the first time I saw one, my first thought was: "Somebody stamped a horse on a Charter Arms." The trigger isn't bad, but the rest of the product leaves me cold.

When is Colt going to either learn, or just go away.

It is embarrassing to see the once great maker of fine guns, flounder and flop around like a
half dead chicken.

The word on the street is the new 1911's are good guns.
That's something, they should build on it.
© 24hourcampfire