Home
Posted By: gunchamp Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Recently picked up one of these and I have to say I'm in love with this gun. I've read a bunch of the internet tards on how this gun is an answer no one was looking for, but I will say this gun fits my big paws so well its scary. Such a soft recoil pulse and is very accurate. I've owned about every make and model there is, but this one is a keeper for sure. Flame away if you must, but try it before you trash it!! I'm telling you its an awesome gun.
Posted By: RGK Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Let's see a couple of pictures.
Bob
Posted By: Yondering Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
I have to admit I do like the feel of a gen4 or gen5 G17 grip better than the 19. This gun does that. I have sorta considered getting one (or the G45) and chopping the grip to G19 length just for that grip feel in a 19 sized gun. That'll make some eyes roll! smile
Posted By: MOGC Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
I often use the full size 17 round magazines with the supplied spacer while shooting my M&P 2.0 Compact. That's essentially the same thing, feels great while at the range. But I carry with the 15 round magazine. That keeps the gun compact and is back to regular flavor G19 size. Kind of nice to switch back and forth when you want.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Originally Posted by gunchamp
Recently picked up one of these and I have to say I'm in love with this gun. I've read a bunch of the internet tards on how this gun is an answer no one was looking for, but I will say this gun fits my big paws so well its scary. Such a soft recoil pulse and is very accurate. I've owned about every make and model there is, but this one is a keeper for sure. Flame away if you must, but try it before you trash it!! I'm telling you its an awesome gun.

I like most Glocks, but this one confuses me a bit. They already have the Glock 17, so why make one with a shorter slide? Just not getting it. I'd much rather see the opposite, i.e., a Glock 19 with a Glock 26 length grip frame. I can see a definite role for one of those.

I'm sure it's a good shooter, though. That lighter slide combined with a full grip frame likely explains the lighter feel of the recoil impulse.

PS Be aware that the 19X will not accept any Gen 5 magazines without replacing the base plate.

PPS Some good things about the 19X is that there's no flared mag well and no cutout in the front, yet it has no finger grooves, which most prefer. They also come standard with steel night sights.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
I bought one with the intention of it being a future present for my son, but I might change my mind. wink

I changed the connector only & it's got the best trigger on any Glock that I own.

MM
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Upon thinking this out, I can see how a shorter slide with a G17 length grip could be desirable. You get the full grip (which I like) and no more slide length than is needed, so it's a little lighter to carry, and might be more comfortable while seated.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Glock moves and adjusts a few parts like a Mr. Potato Head, and there appears to be a constituency for every version. Brilliant!
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
After the 17/19/26 frame pistols, all the rest of the improvements/mods are really just splitting hairs, in my opinion.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Glockduffus is correct, folks get queer about projectile firing tools and get highly insulted if you question the technical specifications, the glock trigger sucks plain and simple but help us if we question its wondercality. Que the William Tell Overture..many times on the fire these days I wonder who gets out and shoots at least once a week anymore.
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
Originally Posted by jimmyp
the glock trigger sucks plain and simple

You must be a 1911 guy. The Glock trigger is serviceable, and after market triggers make it pretty good.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
why glock 19x requires :

MUST BE QUALIFIED TO PURCHASE: LAW ENFORCEMENT,CORRECTIONS,STATE CERTIFIED ARMED SECURITY OFFICERS,MILITARY:ACTIVE,RESERVES, RETIRED .EMT,FIRE DEPT,JUDICIAL & GSSF WITH PURCHASE CERTIFICATE.

Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/16/19
serviceable- fulfilling its function adequately, usable...yes the plastic trigger makes the gun go bang with good regularity. No not a 1911 guy, a guy that has fired a few more plastic pistols that have better triggers, yes I can shoot a glock, yes I can hit with a glock, but for crying out loud the trigger has never been good.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
Originally Posted by persiandog
why glock 19x requires :

MUST BE QUALIFIED TO PURCHASE: LAW ENFORCEMENT,CORRECTIONS,STATE CERTIFIED ARMED SECURITY OFFICERS,MILITARY:ACTIVE,RESERVES, RETIRED .EMT,FIRE DEPT,JUDICIAL & GSSF WITH PURCHASE CERTIFICATE.

If so, just get the Glock 45. Same gun in Black, plus forward serrations, and the Glock 45 accepts all appropriate Glock mags, unlike the 19X which won't accept Gen 5 mags.
serviceable- fulfilling its function adequately, usable...yes the plastic trigger makes the gun go bang with good regularity. No not a 1911 guy, a guy that has fired a few more plastic pistols that have better triggers, yes I can shoot a glock, yes I can hit with a glock, but for crying out loud the trigger has never been good.

They're a hell of a lot better now than Gen 2s used to be. I find them very good, though not bullseye match triggers, but if they had bullseye match triggers, you'd need a thumb safety on them, and that's defeating the whole purpose.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Upon thinking this out, I can see how a shorter slide with a G17 length grip could be desirable. You get the full grip (which I like) and no more slide length than is needed, so it's a little lighter to carry, and might be more comfortable while seated.

Agreed and thats what got me to give one a go. Its not my deep conceal carry gun, but could be if needed. Its just a wonderful gun to shoot
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I bought one with the intention of it being a future present for my son, but I might change my mind. wink

I changed the connector only & it's got the best trigger on any Glock that I own.

MM

Nice!
Glockduffus is correct, folks get queer about projectile firing tools and get highly insulted if you question the technical specifications, the glock trigger sucks plain and simple but help us if we question its wondercality. Que the William Tell Overture..many times on the fire these days I wonder who gets out and shoots at least once a week anymore.

Not quite sure if this is directed at me, but not sure why the anger towards the platform. I dont question or concern myself with what others like. I enjoy most firearms honestly. And my original comment was actually directed towards the crazy glock guys who have went to pieces over the 19x. My guess is most have not fired it, but just want to trash it as being useless. The gun feels so good in the hand as I said and the recoil pulse is next to nothing. My wife easily fires this weapon and very accurately. It is the best glock I've laid my hands on to date
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
Not angry at the platform. I have 4 remaining glocks, and for lack of anything better I will probably buy another shortly. On the other hand other companies make good products with better features that simply don't gain market traction as we all have sold ourselves that whatever glock offers its "good". On the other hand, its all good, Leupold scopes still don't track well, Keltec's still need a fluff and buff, DPMS quality remains DPMS quality, the grass grows, the wind blows and glock offers another size/shape pistol with the same trigger and plastic sights because we buy them and call them good.
Posted By: JOG Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
I like most Glocks, but this one confuses me a bit. They already have the Glock 17, so why make one with a shorter slide? Just not getting it. I'd much rather see the opposite, i.e., a Glock 19 with a Glock 26 length grip frame.

Glock guy's have short memories. Except for removing the thumb safety, the 19X was Glock's submission for the US Army's MHS.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
Originally Posted by JOG

Glock guy's have short memories. Except for removing the thumb safety, the 19X was Glock's submission for the US Army's MHS.

Yes, that is correct.

But I'm eclectic......................I think the new 2.0 series M&P are every bit as good as any Glock ever was & the 3.6" version has been my EDC since I got it this past summer.

Triggers on the 2.0's, as far a pull & feel go, are generally better than most stock Glocks, & with this one, we have 2 other earlier versions in 9c & 4" standard that are my wifes, & wehave never once had a single stoppage with any of them.

MM
The sig 320 despite faults of its own is going to finally give glock a run for their money.
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker. Put it right up for sale. Prettier gun, well made, but I’ll keep my Glocks.
glock has "perfected" the art of selling pistols.

Their popularity is well earned.
Posted By: JOG Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19

In terms of pistols sales Glock is number 4 in the US behind S&W, Ruger, and Sig. It's not even close.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19

Originally Posted by JOG

In terms of pistols sales Glock is number 4 in the US behind S&W, Ruger, and Sig. It's not even close.

Looks like they earne #4. LOL
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Glock 19X - 01/17/19
What does the 'X' stand for? I see it doesn't have finger grooves, that's good, I sanded down the finger grooves on my new gen 4 model 21 and put a strip of skateboard tape on the grip and left side of the action right under the slide release to give my right thumb something to grip.

Yes not improving over the years by bull headedly sticking with their poor plastic sights and abysmal trigger has earned them #4 spot. The LC9 has a pretty decent trigger. TRH your brainwashing is complete.
Posted By: tominboise Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19
X stands for "crossover". Marketing nomenclature only....17 frame with a 19 slide.

BTW - I like mine. Gen 4 mags fit fine.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19

Yes not improving over the years by bull headedly sticking with their poor plastic sights and abysmal trigger has earned them #4 spot. The LC9 has a pretty decent trigger. TRH your brainwashing is complete.

It was a long journey to Glock for me. I've been shooting and carrying various handguns since 1980. I'm actually late to accepting Glocks, just a few years ago. I tried them a few times from the 1990s till then, but didn't take to them previously. It was the gun, not the advertising, that eventually sold me.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19
Originally Posted by gunner500
What does the 'X' stand for?
The X stands for crossover, because they combine features of the 19 and the 17.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19

To be fair, the 19x comes with steel night sites. I also dont find the glock trigger to be off putting. Its a plastic tool. None of them feel like a well made 1911 trigger and I dont expect them too. That being said, the glock trigger has never stopped me from shooting them very well. You do have options to change them out to a more desired pull.
Originally Posted by JOG

Yes, that is correct.

But I'm eclectic......................I think the new 2.0 series M&P are every bit as good as any Glock ever was & the 3.6" version has been my EDC since I got it this past summer.

Triggers on the 2.0's, as far a pull & feel go, are generally better than most stock Glocks, & with this one, we have 2 other earlier versions in 9c & 4" standard that are my wifes, & wehave never once had a single stoppage with any of them.

MM

I never have had a failure yet with any glock I've owned or any M&P. Guess I've been lucky or not. They both just work and work well. I installed an apex trigger in the last 2.0 I owned and it was one of the best pulls I've ever experienced on a poly. They are very nice guns and I enjoyed the hell out of them.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19

Sig P320 has a very good trigger right out of the box
Originally Posted by jwp475

I've owned a couple. It wasnt bad, but wasnt for me. The more I spent time with it, the more I disliked the way it felt in my hands. Thought the modularity was a cool idea though, if thats actually a word lol
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker.

LOL, I knew that was coming.
Geez, give it a rest.

I suggested some wrist exercises for you in the past. Check 'em out.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19

I've owned a couple. It wasnt bad, but wasnt for me. The more I spent time with it, the more I disliked the way it felt in my hands. Thought the modularity was a cool idea though, if thats actually a word lol

The modularity doesn’t matter to me but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.
Posted By: JOG Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19

The modularity doesn’t matter to me but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.

It doesn't matter to me either, but with receivers going for $19 and change I don't know for how long.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19
but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.

Yes, the 320 is a great gun & I like it a lot too.............I think the Carry-X will follow me home one of these days.

MM

Yeah the 2 I owned were shooters as well.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Glock 19X - 01/18/19
Originally Posted by tominboise
X stands for "crossover". Marketing nomenclature only....17 frame with a 19 slide.

BTW - I like mine. Gen 4 mags fit fine.

10-4, Thanks tominboise and TRH.
Posted By: JOG Re: Glock 19X - 01/19/19
but I really like the 320. I’ve found them to be accurate and the grip fits my hand well.

Yes, the 320 is a great gun & I like it a lot too.............I think the Carry-X will follow me home one of these days.

MM

Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore has a nice deal on the X-Carry and ROMEO1 combo for $699.99.

Combo Deal
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/19/19
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker.

I love the high bore axis.
Posted By: Orville Re: Glock 19X - 01/19/19

there are many hear who mocks real hawkeye and Glockduffies not knowin that both of them is secret a part of 9th level mensa ninja department, knowin that hittin a throwen asparin 3 times in air requires lowest bore possible they are secret about it but tries to give hints.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/19/19
The bore axis issue wasn't even on my radar when I enthusiastically bought the Sig P320 immediately upon its introduction. That only came after I had been confused as to why I was getting such a noticeable (and annoying) flip from shooting it vs my Glock 17, which I was shooting side by side. I immediately started searching various gun forums to see if I was the only one who noticed it, and lo and behold, it was a common observation.

That was my first exposure to the whole bore axis height explanation, and it makes perfect sense from the perspective of very basic concepts of physics. Higher bore axis increases the leverage advantage attached to the force exerted by recoil in a muzzle-upward direction. It's really not complicated if you just think about it.
The bore axis issue wasn't even on my radar when I enthusiastically bought the Sig P320 immediately upon its introduction. That only came after I had been confused as to why I was getting such a noticeable (and annoying) flip from shooting it vs my Glock 17, which I was shooting side by side. I immediately started searching various gun forums to see if I was the only one who noticed it, and lo and behold, it was a common observation.

That was my first exposure to the whole bore axis height explanation, and it makes perfect sense from the perspective of very basic concepts of physics. Higher bore axis increases the leverage advantage attached to the force exerted by recoil in a muzzle-upward direction. It's really not complicated if you just think about it.

I’m would have to shoot something with a lot more recoil than 9mm 147 grain +P+ to notice any muzzle flip in my 320
Originally Posted by Orville

there are many hear who mocks real hawkeye and Glockduffies not knowin that both of them is secret a part of 9th level mensa ninja department, knowin that hittin a throwen asparin 3 times in air requires lowest bore possible they are secret about it but tries to give hints.

ROTFLMAO. I ONLY I’D KNOWN SOONER!

I’m would have to shoot something with a lot more recoil than 9mm 147 grain +P+ to notice any muzzle flip in my 320

Probably depends on your experience level. I've been an avid handgun shooter since 1980, so even a subtle difference is more likely going to be noticed and to be considered annoying.
Posted By: Orville Re: Glock 19X - 01/19/19

Probably depends on your experience level. I've been an avid handgun shooter since 1980, so even a subtle difference is more likely going to be noticed and to be considered annoying.

see the menses know!

I suspect I’ve got a hell of a lot more handgun shooting experience than you do and I’m not a weakling that can’t still arm a 9mm semi auto. You must be really intouch with your feminist side, might want to be careful there.

Bluedreaux, shot his 320 against a timer an found zero difference in time. It is a non issue. .
I suspect I’ve got a hell of a lot more handgun shooting experience than you do and I’m not a weakling that can’t still arm a 9mm semi auto. You must be really intouch with your feminist side, might want to be careful there.

Bluedreaux, shot his 320 against a timer an found zero difference in time. It is a non issue. .

Some people don't notice it. Others do, and don't like the sensation (regardless if they can't detect a time difference). The fact that it exists is a mere fact of physics. It's pretty silly to argue that it doesn't exist.

Some people don't notice it. Others do, and don't like the sensation (regardless if they can't detect a time difference). The fact that it exists is a mere fact of physics. It's pretty silly to argue that it doesn't exist.

Physics, explain your knowledge of physic in how it relates to shooting a pistol, please. No one has argued existence that I am aware of, a bait and switch perhaps. I believe we said it is irrelevant to performance.

Physics, explain your knowledge of physic in how it relates to shooting a pistol, please. No one has argued existence that I am aware of, a bait and switch perhaps. I believe we said it is irrelevant to performance.

I've explained the physics. I believe I spoke of a preference for the Glock service sized pistols vs the Sig P320 based on disliking the sensation of the muzzle flip with the Sig, which is quite noticeable to me, having been a Glock guy for a few years now, then trying the Sig P320 when it first came out. I don't like it. You may differ. That's fine. No need to bring our discussion into the gutter. What would that accomplish?

I've explained the physics. I believe I spoke of a preference for the Glock service sized pistols vs the Sig P320 based on disliking the sensation of the muzzle flip with the Sig, which is quite noticeable to me, having been a Glock guy for a few years now, then trying the Sig P320 when it first came out. I don't like it. You may differ. That's fine. No need to bring our discussion into the gutter. What would that accomplish?

You brought “physics” into the discussion, I’d like to know how physics relates to shooting a pistol. Personal preference I get.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
It has to do with mechanical advantage based on the position of the bore line in relation to the palm. The greater the mechanical advantage, the more the rotational force ("muzzle flip") is increased. Think of a lever, and how much more weight you can lift the further you are from the fulcrum, even though the amount of effort on your part (analogous to actual recoil) remains constant.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
It has to do with mechanical advantage based on the position of the bore line in relation to the palm. The greater the mechanical advantage, the more the rotational force ("muzzle flip") is increased. Think of a lever, and how much more weight you can lift the further you are from the fulcrum, even though the amount of effort on your part (analogous to actual recoil) remains constant.

So it leaverage. Physics isn’t needed
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
Even if you're able to see a difference in the sights between a 320 and 19 / 17, a good shooter won't see a difference in actual on target performance when they put themselves against a timer. I tried to outshoot a 320 with my M&P. Really hard. And on target they were indiscernible.

It's like arguing that your truck with 34" tires will make it through the mud better than a truck with 34.5" tires.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
That's true & a good shooter is able to adjust & shoot different guns well; it the amateurs & the inexperienced that have trouble moving from platform to platform.

That's not to be taken that individuals won't have preferences, but they are still able to shoot different platforms well.

Some people just overthink what should come naturally.

MM
Posted By: Big Stick Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
BEWARE the man with (1) gun...because he's assuredly clueless. Hint.(grin)

The 19X is rather forgiving,from all angles and connects alotta dots by default........................
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Even if you're able to see a difference in the sights between a 320 and 19 / 17, a good shooter won't see a difference in actual on target performance when they put themselves against a timer. I tried to outshoot a 320 with my M&P. Really hard. And on target they were indiscernible.

It's like arguing that your truck with 34" tires will make it through the mud better than a truck with 34.5" tires.

Exactly. Cracks me up when someone just throws the word “physics” in the conversation. Shooting is an art
"Art" is subjective. Physics ain't.

Hint.................
No, physics ain't subjective.

It is relative.
You suck a mean ass.

Congratulations?!?...............
Brad was right. I don't blame Rick, but even that much pity should have worn off by now.
Posted By: NH K9 Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
You’ll have to forgive Blue the luxury of having shot it all and then some and having the luxury of not having to guess.

Hint.......
Laffin’
Blue' sucks a mean ass.

Bless her heart.

LAUGHING!.................
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
That's true & a good shooter is able to adjust & shoot different guns well; it the amateurs & the inexperienced that have trouble moving from platform to platform.

That's not to be taken that individuals won't have preferences, but they are still able to shoot different platforms well.

Some people just overthink what should come naturally.

MM

Agreed
Posted By: deflave Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19

LMFAO.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
TRH is like the princess and the pea.

LMAO

Not really, since it's a pretty common observation about Sigs by those accustomed to Glocks.
Actually it’s the average and slightly above average shooter that would take the most issue with the Sig bore axis.

The poor shooters will suck with whatever you give them and not know the difference. The really good shooters will noice the difference and acknowledge that of all the things to make a shot miss, it doesn’t matter. The middle of the pack guys are good enough to notice it but can’t help obsessing that maybe THAT is the potential problem with their shooting.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Blue' sucks a mean ass.

Bless her heart.

The Poser resents the Master,
and resorts to vulgar profanity.

if discussing physics then physical strength has something to do with pistol control, weaker, limp wristed folks probably are more sensitive to a high bore axis.
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Blue' sucks a mean ass.

Bless her heart.

DealinSuck,

Some folks shoot and others "get" to read about it. Hint.

It's never been tough to cypher,who's who.

Bless your heart................

if discussing physics then physical strength has something to do with pistol control, weaker, limp wristed folks probably are more sensitive to a high bore axis.

Physics ain't subjective.

While all folks ain't equal,the Physics of the platform are a constant.

Hint.................
You Sig pussies are very sensitive, lol. I'll stop pointing out the defects in your pretty pistols. smile
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
You Sig pussies are very sensitive, lol. I'll stop pointing out the defects in your pretty pistols. smile

I'm an equal opportunity fu-k up, I cant shoot my sig or glock! grin

You mean your defective inability to shoot and control a 9mm.

"Inability to shoot and control a 9mm?" Which orifice did you pull that one out of?

"Inability to shoot and control a 9mm?" Which orifice did you pull that one out of?

From you and your inordinate amount of muzzle flip you are unable to control. You harp about it constantly.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19

There are likely many more shooter's deficiencies than there are pistols' deficiencies..................just sayin'

LOL.

MM
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Blue' sucks a mean ass.

Bless her heart.

DealinSuck,

Some folks shoot and others "get" to read about it. Hint.

It's never been tough to cypher,who's who.

Bless your heart................

You’re absolutely correct, just not in the manner you assume.

There are likely many more shooter's deficiencies than there are pistols' deficiencies..................just sayin'

LOL.

MM

Yep............
I don't do assumptions...mainly because facts are more than enough.

Hint................
From you and your inordinate amount of muzzle flip you are unable to control. You harp about it constantly.

You're a liar. Noticing a difference, preferring one over the other, on the one hand, and not being able to control something are quite distinct things.

You're a liar. Noticing a difference, preferring one over the other, on the one hand, and not being able to control something are quite distinct things.

My opinion of your constant blabbering about the 320 is where I formed that opinion. Calling me a liar is a far reach
I responded to someone who introduced the subject of the P320 within a thread about a Glock. You just need a thicker skin. You can’t seem to handle hearing a negative opinion about your choice in handguns. Get over it.
TRH you brought up physics, Blue states not much difference in bore height for good pistoleros, so if your preference is for low bore axis, then the high axis is bothersome, one can speculate you have weaker wrists than others. Do you like Coors Light as well?
TRH you brought up physics, Blue states not much difference in bore height for good pistoleros, so if your preference is for low bore axis, then the high axis is bothersome, one can speculate you have weaker wrists than others. Do you like Coors Light as well?

Precisely

Precisely.
I responded to someone who introduced the subject of the P320 within a thread about a Glock. You just need a thicker skin. You can’t seem to handle hearing a negative opinion about your choice in handguns. Get over it.

Maybe you need to get over mentioning it every time the 320 is mentioned.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19

Precisely

Precisely.

Maybe you need to get over mentioning it every time the 320 a Sig is mentioned.

Fixed it for you. smile
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
Shoot my Sig 228 and everything else you pick up will have a lower bore axis.

I don't know how it physically capable to shoot that gun.

But boy do they shoot...
Higher than a LeMat?.....................(grin)

Speculate away. Your argument is nonsense. Preferring that which exerts less muzzle flip force to that which exerts more makes sense to anyone who's not a Sig fan boy.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
We could compare the poor ergonomics of the Glock grip angle to physics of the Sig's high bore axis.

Unless I'm shooting a coon or a miget I don't want a weapon that naturally points into the ground 20 feet in front of me.
No one is arguing the physics. They're saying that it's not enough of a difference to matter.

THAT argument you've never addressed, you just keep blabbering about muzzle rise, which we're not disputing.

Speculate away. Your argument is nonsense. Preferring that which exerts less muzzle flip force to that which exerts more makes sense to anyone who's not a Sig fan boy.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: RDW Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
That's just mean man, mean.....(grin)
Posted By: johnw Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
P320 has noticeably more flip due to much higher bore axis than Glock. I was excited about it when first introduced, but shot it side by side with my Glock 17 and the sensation of flip with the Sig was a deal breaker. Put it right up for sale. Prettier gun, well made, but I’ll keep my Glocks.

You “flipped” it?
Posted By: johnw Re: Glock 19X - 01/20/19
In the early 1980s Glock was the innovator. Since the mid 1990s they’ve been playing catch-up and they aren’t much good at that game.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
Originally Posted by johnw

You “flipped” it?

Weak wrists.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19

lol
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
Originally Posted by johnw

You “flipped” it?

Didn't lose anything on it. Got what I paid, since at that time it was a hot item, hard to come by.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
I'll go on record as saying I like most all guns. Most. I just prefer some over others. Glocks have always fit me well and have given me zero reason to complain. I can shoot them all relatively well. I like the simplicity of the glock and the fact that in many years of shooting I have never had 1 failure to do anything minus when i had installed a bad aftermarket barrel on one. I do like most sigs. Also really like the m&p 2.0. That fits me so well!
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
Glocks are good, I still have 4 of them.
I'll go on record as saying I like most all guns. Most. I just prefer some over others. Glocks have always fit me well and have given me zero reason to complain. I can shoot them all relatively well. I like the simplicity of the glock and the fact that in many years of shooting I have never had 1 failure to do anything minus when i had installed a bad aftermarket barrel on one. I do like most sigs. Also really like the m&p 2.0. That fits me so well!

I like the M&Ps, too. I could be just as happy with an M&P as a Glock.

Same with a Walther PPQ.

Nailed it!
This CZ looks promising, even if the video is way overstated for sensationalism.

Nailed it!

Yeah, because anyone with a preference for the recoil feel of one gun vs another must be oversensitive. grin

Nailed it!

Yeah, because anyone with a preference for the recoil feel of one gun vs another must be oversensitive. grin

You are for sure over sensitive, you think you have to have the last word in every thread.

Nailed it!

You are for sure over sensitive, you think you have to have the last word in every thread.

Glock. Now let's see if you insist on the last word, LOL.

Nailed it!

Glock. Now let's see if you insist on the last word, LOL.

Not insisting just like seeing your extreme sensitivity. Sig
People get tired of companies that rest on their laurels. Glock needs to hire some inovaters and renew their offering. Fix the trigger, sights, accuracy and they would then have a gun closer to perfection.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
Jim, have you tried the Gen5 trigger? I think you may see they have made some steps towards improvement, along with the optional name brand NS being offered directly from the factory. Glock steel sights and NS have been offered since Gen3 guns.

I admit Glock is riding the 9mm horse all the way to the barn, but they have made many options in their models and variations, trying to please a large demographic.
Originally Posted by WTM45
Jim, have you tried the Gen5 trigger? I think you may see they have made some steps towards improvement, along with the optional name brand NS being offered directly from the factory. Glock steel sights and NS have been offered since Gen3 guns.

I admit Glock is riding the 9mm horse all the way to the barn, but they have made many options in their models and variations, trying to please a large demographic.

With glocks it’s replace the barrel, replace the sights, fix the trigger, etc.
Posted By: WTM45 Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
With glocks it’s replace the barrel, replace the sights, fix the trigger, etc.

Sure, lots of folks jump whole-heartedly into the "mod" mode or "parts swap" mentality pretty quick. But that is not unique to Glocks, as the 1911/1911A1 lead the way in that regard. It stands to reason the manufacturer will see that and work their ideas and model changes/improvements in much the same manner. So will the aftermarket parts vendors.

It may be my individual experience and opinion only, but stock has served me just fine. And I've worked with quite a sample set.
Gen fives come with various sight options, from the normal plastic ones, to the Glock brand steel night sights, to the Ameriglo Agent night sights, with bright orange front sight. You just have to specify when ordering. The Gen five trigger is also improved, as is the barrel.
Posted By: persiandog Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
ok, i bought myself a 19x , https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796501139
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
If you got it for the $490, even with shipping & a transfer fee, you got a great deal.

I think you'll like it if you like Glocks in general...........I own several & it's the best of the bunch, IMO.

MM
The SIG X-ray night sights and SIG trigger beat the piss out std Glock sights and trigger.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Glock 19X - 01/21/19
This CZ looks promising, even if the video is way overstated for sensationalism.

wonder why everyone whined about the finger grooves. I actually like them myself. I think it was just something for people to complain about. The CZ p10C is awesome but its still heavier than a glock and I don't know that its any slimmer or more compact. They are cheaper however. If you want a suppressor ready pistol I think the CZ p10 c is about the best game in town for that.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: Glock 19X - 01/22/19
The SIG X-ray night sights and SIG trigger beat the piss out std Glock sights and trigger.

The 19X has steel tritium sights & is the G5 trigger configuration.............a new connector turned my trigger into the best of several other G3/G4 guns that I have, all with trigger mods.

MM
Posted By: TWR Re: Glock 19X - 01/22/19
I saw the Gen 5 guns had a problem with the trigger bar finish flaking off turning a good trigger into crap after about 1500 rounds. Anyone had any issues?
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/22/19
People get tired of companies that rest on their laurels. Glock needs to hire some inovaters and renew their offering. Fix the trigger, sights, accuracy and they would then have a gun closer to perfection.

Whille I'll agree with you on some of that, glock has addressed these issues in the gen 5, escpecially the 19X. Steel night sites and a much improved barrel. Shoots very well. As accurate as anything.
Posted By: gunchamp Re: Glock 19X - 01/22/19
Originally Posted by persiandog
ok, i bought myself a 19x , https://www.gunbroker.com/item/796501139

You will be happy!
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/23/19
try the sig xray sights if you get a chance. I shot a glock with steel sights although more durable they seem to be the same form factor as the original plastic IIRC.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Glock 19X - 01/23/19

lol

Well, I took my gen4 45 acp out today and ran four mags of 230 gold dot at 963 through it, semi fast fired into cardboard boxes at 10 yards, nice round groups of about 6 inches, up and down good, still left of center a few inches when I press that staple gun trigger in a hurry. crazy mad

I was going to order a new Wilson Combat barrel for it today, it's not the gun, it's me ; ] hope you get a lot of enjoyment from yours.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Glock 19X - 01/24/19
Gun champ, I just compared the sig 320 to the glock 19x, the Glock trigger is about the same as it has been for over 30 years, if someone says it's better they are deluding themselves or just drinking the coolaid. The Sig 320 has much better sights, more light around the front sight, and they look sharp to my eyes. The Sig trigger is 10 times better than the glock trigger in my opinion and based on 54 years of pulling triggers. For about 10-15 years SIG could not find their ass using both hands, the 320 and 365 appear to have broken that trend. I don't think will be getting the 19x based on this comparison. I plan to rent both guns on Friday to make the final decision. Shame as I have a few glock mags.
Posted By: jwp475 Re: Glock 19X - 01/24/19
Gun champ, I just compared the sig 320 to the glock 19x, the Glock trigger is about the same as it has been for over 30 years, if someone says it's better they are deluding themselves or just drinking the coolaid. The Sig 320 has much better sights, more light around the front sight, and they look sharp to my eyes. The Sig trigger is 10 times better than the glock trigger in my opinion and based on 54 years of pulling triggers. For about 10-15 years SIG could not find their ass using both hands, the 320 and 365 appear to have broken that trend. I don't think will be getting the 19x based on this comparison. I plan to rent both guns on Friday to make the final decision. Shame as I have a few glock mags.

Sip P320 will win that comparison!
Posted By: ARKginger Re: Glock 19X - 01/24/19
I've had my 19x for a few months now and I'm loving it. Put a dawson adjustable rear and fiber front on it. I was a really big CZ fan before I bought it, but after shooting a few dot torture tests I've sold off my P01 and P07.
© 24hourcampfire