Home
Posted By: Mannlicher Diamond Back - 01/25/19
My sister found this in a box when she was moving back to Florida. Colt Diamond Back .38 Special. She wants to sell it, and I'd like to have it, but not at the price it deserves. It's NRA 90%. What would that bring in your area?
[Linked Image]
Posted By: mooshoo Re: Diamond Back - 01/25/19
alot! i always wanted one but never had that kind of money
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Diamond Back - 01/25/19
14-16 a bit more if in the original box
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Diamond Back - 01/25/19
Nice gun. I've seen ones like that around here for around $1,400.

I had an unfired (since factory) 2.5' DB in 38 spl. Sat in the back of the safe for years because I couldn't bring myself to shoot it. So, I sold it to finance something I would shoot. Part of me wishes I still had it.
Posted By: Cariboujack Re: Diamond Back - 01/25/19
Personally the market hasn't gotten better, and if anything is softer right now. I think $1400 is the top at this point, though once in a while I get surprised. Someone has some snakes on sale on the local classifieds and his prices are way high, and is getting no interest. I would also be willing, if it didn't sell in the first few days, be willing to take what I could get. Either people want it or they don't, and if they do they'll jump.

Frankly there are just too many nice 38's out there to spend that much money, one a gun you probably aren't going to shoot. Ask your sister what she wants for it. Maybe you can come to a meeting of the minds. She wants to sell it, and that alone can be a pain at times. Maybe put it on the market for a week or so, if it doesn't sell, that tells you, you are high on the price. Negotiate at that point. It would be obvious the market is against her.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Diamond Back - 01/26/19
$1250-$1500 max around here. $1500 it would sit a long while. Just saw a .38spc python target for $1500. Went really quick.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: Diamond Back - 01/28/19
She does not need the money, and is not in a hurry. Don’t have anything but the revolver itself. I am thinking $900 or so would suit her.
A friend of her husband’s gave him the Diamond Back and a Colt Challenger, some 30 years ago. They have been wrapped in rags, sitting in a shoe box ever since.
© 24hourcampfire