Home
Posted By: RipSnort Glock 43X and 48 - 02/08/19
Got my hands on the new "slim line" Glock 43X and 48 today. Now let me state that I am not a Glock fan but they are going to sell all of these that they can make. These are completely excellent carry guns. The 43X that I handled had the Ameriglo night sights which are excellent. Hard to say which one I liked better though the 48 pointed more naturally for me.

RS
Posted By: supercrewd Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/09/19
I bought a 48. It is the perfect carry gun (for me).
Posted By: firstcoueswas80 Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/09/19
Springfield made the perfect carry gun several years ago when they introduced the XDS 9.
Posted By: hotweatherhunter Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/09/19
I picked up a 43x last week, it’s an amazing feeling pistols in my hands. I shoot it as well as or better than
My larger Glocks (19,30,45) while it conceals much easier. FOR ME it’s about as close to perfect as a carry pistol
Can be.
Posted By: RDW Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/09/19
Picked my 43X up two weeks ago, have right at 500 rounds through it with zero failures and these are my handloads.

It's pretty comfortable in a Comp-Tac Infidel Max and I have a KORE gun belt on the way, it will be my everyday belt and I hope it lessens the drivers side sag.

I shoot it pretty decent, went to the range during my lunch hour yesterday and shooting it side by side with my 19.4 it is noticabley harsher with the same ammunition. The 19 is bone stock with an Overwatch Poly flat trigger that is supposed to use a stock trigger bar. The 43X trigger sucks A$$ compared to the 19, I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I bet it's 10 lbs easily. It felt twice as heavy as the 19.
Posted By: coobie Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/10/19
I have the 43x with the ameriglo sites on order hopefully it shows up soon.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/10/19
I'm planning on getting a 48 soon. For our Canadian members, with its 4.2 inch barrel and 10 round magazine, it's legal north of the border.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker
I'm planning on getting a 48 soon. For our Canadian members, with its 4.2 inch barrel and 10 round magazine, it's legal north of the border.

Tons of shops taking orders up here. Gossip is that it is going to be a huge hit.
Posted By: hikerbum Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19
Currently carry a 43, and held a 43x at a show yesterday. The longer grip balances very nicely. Think they will sell well.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19

I got the 48 on Friday. I actually wished the slide was black, but had the itch and didn't want to wait to see if Glock offered it in the future. So far, I like it.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19

I got the 48 on Friday. I actually wished the slide was black, but had the itch and didn't want to wait to see if Glock offered it in the future. So far, I like it.

You could get it black oxided.
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19
Yooper,

After the thaw, how about a full shooting report?

Thanks, RS
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Glock 43X and 48 - 02/17/19
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Yooper,

After the thaw, how about a full shooting report?

Thanks, RS

I'm putting night sights on it this week. I work at a range and put a few rounds through it. The Glock 19 Gen3 grip is right at the edge of the diameter that I'm comfortable with so I really like the 48. I call it my Democrat gun since it only holds 10 rounds. smile
© 24hourcampfire