Posted By: Steelhead Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Zero cant, OWB, recommendations.

Thanks
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Milt Sparks 55BN

[Linked Image]

M24 not included.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Don't know why I forgot about them, thanks.
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
The Galco Avenger is a similar, off the shelf, holster to the Sparks 55BN. I've also had a few of JM Custom Kydex's OWB1 holsters and they're an excellent, non-leather, option: https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/OWB1-G19.html
Posted By: ironbender Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Local place makes kydex holsters and mag holders. Very popular as they have a three week wait list.
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
fobus paddle is my go to
Posted By: rockchucker Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
[Linked Image]
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
OWB I use the Galco Avenger, and the Blackhawk Serpa. They both work well.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
For a cheap, yet good holster--Don Hume JIT.
Posted By: Waders Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Has anybody used Versa Carry? They have a combo deal going on right now. Leather belt and leather holster for $50.

https://www.versacarry.com/product-...X9HIMuZHFO_nGT82Ns9LGQbkqgWzemXi84QCoLLQ
Posted By: JOG Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
Originally Posted by UPhiker

How is the retention on that holster?
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
I didn't realize how few holsters have zero cant until I started looking in response to this thread. Most of the ones I consider to have no cant actually have at least a little cant.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/10/19
If it isn't for concealment, if you want something OWB thats solid to get you by until that Sparks arrives, a Safariland ALS is the ticket.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
+1 on the 55BN. I've bought several now resulting from Mackay's initial recommendation to me. I also like the Simply Rugged Cuda, but it does have a slight cant to it.
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by JOG

It's strange. It's relatively thin leather but has really good retention. I've told people that unless you're doing cartwheels or somersaults, you're good to go and at my age (59), if I'm doing that, I have worse problems. smile
Posted By: ironbender Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by JOG

Forgot to mention that. The local kydex have adjustable tension both in the paddle and low profile models.

And they make them w the cant desired.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Good recommend. Made close to home.
Posted By: stevelyn Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
G-Code or Alien Gear ShapeShift Modular System
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Milt Sparks 55BN

This and if you're in the rain a lot Dale Fricke's Gideon Elite....basically a kydex version of the 55BN.

https://dalefrickeholsters.com/product/gideon-elite-holster/
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by MOGC
If it isn't for concealment, if you want something OWB thats solid to get you by until that Sparks arrives, a Safariland ALS is the ticket.

ALS is great, a little bulky but great for field use where an OWB with some retention is called for. The thumb lever can be a tad slick but 30 seconds work with a sharp tip soldering iron will cure that.
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Milt Sparks 55BN

This and if you're in the rain a lot Dale Fricke's Gideon Elite....basically a kydex version of the 55BN.

Thanks Jay, I like that
Posted By: JOG Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Milt Sparks 55BN

The body of the holster is similar, but a key element to the 55BN is the extended belt loop at the rear of the holster. That belt loop is located to pull the butt of the pistol inward and toward the body to reduce printing. It also widens the stance of the holster on the belt to spread out the weight - the 55BN has a lot going on.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
Originally Posted by JOG
Milt Sparks 55BN

The body of the holster is similar, but a key element to the 55BN is the extended belt loop at the rear of the holster. That belt loop is located to pull the butt of the pistol inward and toward the body to reduce printing. It also widens the stance of the holster on the belt to spread out the weight - the 55BN has a lot going on.

Yep. I use them both.
Posted By: hotdog Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/11/19
I’ve bought a couple of holsters from, https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/products/hh12
They are well made top of the line holsters.
Posted By: killerv Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
Galco FED for my 19
Posted By: lastround Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
There are less expensive holsters out there that work, but none are better than Milt Sparks, IMHO.
Posted By: vbshootinrange Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
Steelhead;

Too bad you don't want an IWB holster.

In December I bought a Glock 19, and bought a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster for it, then my Daughter bought me a Milt Sparks Summer Special 11 for Christmas.

I like the Milt Sparks holster better, and am going to sell the Galco.

The Galco lists for over $80. Will sell it for $40. shipped. Color: black. Very slightly used. Not even broke in yet.

Virgil B.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
A few pics of the 55BN and Gideon Elite. The Gideon Elite rides just a hair higher but not much. Both are excellent holsters if you like a high, tight, 0 cant. I could be perfectly happy with either for my use. There really isn't that much difference in the width from outer front loop to outer rear loop between the two. One pro on the Gideon Elite that I used to take advantage of was the ability to leave a clip draw on the Glock and still wear it with the holster....you can see the wear from the clipdraw on the holster...no way to do that with the 55BN. The 55BN is my "pretty" holster....I've got many more miles on the Gideon Elite.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
The Kirkpatrick TSS (Texas strong side) is basically a knockoff of the 55BN. You will just get it faster.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by local_dirt
The Kirkpatrick TSS (Texas strong side) is basically a knockoff of the 55BN. You will just get it faster.

It's not a 0 cant. The TSS is still a really nice holster and good design, the leather on mine (for a 1911) just wasn't the same thickness/quality as the 55BN so I'd rate it a little lower overall...still a nice holster.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
You can look here.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/12/19
Originally Posted by local_dirt

It's not a 0 cant. The TSS is still a really nice holster and good design, the leather on mine (for a 1911) just wasn't the same thickness/quality as the 55BN so I'd rate it a little lower overall...still a nice holster.

You're absolutely correct. The stock cant isn't 0, but you can actually have them made that way. They will discourage you, but it's ultimately your choice. And, you're also right that the leather isn't the same thickness/quality as the Milt Sparks. BUT, when I first delved into the darkness (Glocks), I could get one a lot faster than I could get the 55BN from Milt Sparks. So, that's why I ultimately went with it. A nice sidebar down the road now that I've had the holster for a few years is that 3 of my Glocks fit that holster - a G19, a G41, and G30S, the holster originally being cut for the G19. My G21 and G40 will not fit.
Posted By: Mackay_Sagebrush Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/17/19
The 55BN works great for just laying around:

[Linked Image]
Posted By: RipSnort Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/17/19
tag
Posted By: David_Walter Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/17/19
I have both Kydex (local guy) and a Bianchi 82 CarryLok and like them both.

The CarryLok holds the pistol very close to the body, which I prefer.

It has a 16 degree forward cant, though.
Posted By: StrayHorse Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/24/19
Originally Posted by David_Walter
I have both Kydex (local guy) and a Bianchi 82 CarryLok and like them both.

The CarryLok holds the pistol very close to the body, which I prefer.

It has a 16 degree forward cant, though.

+1 for the CarryLok. I've had them for years.
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Holster Glock 19 - 02/24/19
We we're issued the carry lol as our plain clothes holster. Loved it
© 24hourcampfire