Home
I was wondering if these two are interchangeable. I have a 31 - 1, 32 Smith and Wesson long and I want to get a new set of grips will the J frame grips fit
http://www.tombstonegrips.com/mm5/m...roduct_Code=SW_141a&Category_Code=IJ
Originally Posted by Fotis
I was wondering if these two are interchangeable. I have a 31 - 1, 32 Smith and Wesson long and I want to get a new set of grips will the J frame grips fit

Here's a hint, if it's a 31 dash anything, it's a J frame

Grips should be the same. Only difference is frame length. Might be different for the early I Frames, though.
I-frame and J-frame grips are interchangeable, but both have round and square butt versions - as does your Model 31 J-frame.
Yep round or square, also an Improved I frame, but takes the same grips as others.
thank you guys

This is it. Bluing is like new but grips are well used.

[Linked Image]
Very nice, and a square butt J-frame.
Square butt? Man I thought it was round based on this

[Linked Image]

Attached picture sr.jpg
I don’t think so. Your photo is a larger frame - note the leaf spring. J-frames are shown below.

[Linked Image]
thank you guys

This is it. Bluing is like new but grips are well used.

[Linked Image]

The gun in this pic is a square butt.
thank you!
.22 LR revolvers should be I frames.

S&W should bring back I frames...
Originally Posted by alukban
.22 LR revolvers should be I frames.

S&W should bring back I frames...

When they lengthened the I Frame to make the J Frame they determined that it didn't make sense to continue production of an identical frame that was just a hair shorter, so they dropped the I Frame completely. Makes sense.
It makes sense to them as a company but the I frame does fit the .22 LR much better, imho, and it makes for a more compact, lightweight, and visually balanced tool.

(I frame on the longer barreled revolver)
[Linked Image]
Beautiful I Frame.
Nice. Mine.

[Linked Image]
I've got one, too.

[Linked Image]
Nice piece.
I have two, a mid twenty's 32 Long 6" Nickel, and a 1916 22/32 Heavy Frame Target. Fun gun's and both are very accurate.

Attached picture 20161211_115222 (003)[1].jpg
Attached picture 2232.jpg
Mine's a .32 S&W Long.
Later model Regulation Police I-frame 38 S&W

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire