Home
With literally 1000’s of pistols and revolvers to choose from with every possible option from standard sights to reflex sights with co-witness capabilities...And, now rail mounted lights are gaining in popularity with CHL holders that holster manufacturers are addressing these options with new kydex and leather offerings...Has RMR sights and lights made you change what you tote for personal protection?

I’m on the fence with reflex sights on my carry gun. But, I see the benefit of a light attached to a home protection firearm. I still use my carry guns as my home protection guns and keep a light next to my pistol at night.

I primarily pack a couple pistols that I shoot a lot with...I’m good with either, but will change out according to what I’m wearing.

I’ve always loved a 45ACP for personal carry and range time. Nothing against a 9mm. I own many and enjoy shooting them, too.

Both of these pistols have proven themselves reliable in functionality with several thousands of rounds through each. I’ve had 3 stovepipes between the two pistols...Yeah, I keep tract of those things. 2 in the XD and one in the 1911. Springs were the likely culprit and were changed out immediately.

I prefer to carry my 1911 even though it’s heavier. It allows a faster, easier front sight picture than the shorter XDs for me.

Are you still carrying the same rig, or have you changed out to a reflex sight and light carry weapon?

[Linked Image]

The wife decided on the M&P Shield in 9mm after carrying a Kahr K9 stainless for several years. She wanted a CrimsonTrace and an upgraded trigger, which I obliged her on both.

[Linked Image]

I spent most of the day yesterday in and around a town of about 130K people, it took my DW 1911 10mm loaded with 200gr XTP's at 1200 fps, spare mags in back pocket were 140gr Lehigh Defense, I took it because I can hit with it better than my Glock or Sig, also had a REPR 7.62 buttstock wedged between my seat and the center armrest/console stuffed with 130gr TSX.
Rockinbbar would say you were under armed without an AR in your rig. Those border town boys are always rolling heavy metal in their trucks working them prairies...😎
For five or six years now, I've been carrying the Glock 17 most of the time, occasionally switching to the Glock 43 when zero printing is required. I switched from the S&W Model 13 (FBI pattern), which I loved to carry, and shot very well, due to increased capacity. The Glock 17 is light, flat (ergo, comfortable IWB), reliable, accurate, and high capacity, with the availability of super high capacity by keeping a loaded 24 or 33 round mag nearby (either of which can be quickly stashed in the outside corner of a front pants pocket). What's not to like?
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Rockinbbar would say you were under armed without an AR in your rig. Those border town boys are always rolling heavy metal in their trucks working them prairies...😎

LOL, that REPR is a 308 AR on steroids, plus, my damn 1911's are simply more accurate guns, DW, Les Baer and even the little Colt 38 Super, and with a handgun, I need all the accuracy I can get.

In today’s world with mass shooters useing high capacity weapons I feel that magazine capacity is more important that ever before. For an easy carry weapon with good magazine capacity I like the Sig P365. Comes with two 10 round mags and 12 round mags are available. The pistol disappears in a front jeans pocket. With 1 in the barrel and a 12 round mag that is 13 rounds which is equal to a High Power.
Haven't deviated much. Still carrying a Sig 226 most of the time it's a 357 Sig. 2 spare mags Ithat said I'm really liking the Legion 226 I picked up and that will likely get the carry nod once I get a couple more hundred rounds through it. The X-ray sights are very fast for me to aquire

I don't think an RMR type sight would work on a carry gun....for me. As JWP said mass shooters , along with increased accounts of multiple assailants have me gravitating towards higher capacity weapons
Originally Posted by gunner500

LOL, that REPR is a 308 AR on steroids, plus, my damn 1911's are simply more accurate guns, DW, Les Baer and even the little Colt 38 Super, and with a handgun, I need all the accuracy I can get.

G5...Agreed. Accuracy is a blessing that is bestowed upon those who can hold their schit in should the “Fan” get turned on...Grin 😎
laugh and hope we're wearing a good set of goggles when it does.
JWP and Gitem, I wish I could shoot my Sig, and or Glock as accurate as my 1911's, I am a forever retarded WW-I re-enactor I am afraid.
git12...I’m in agreement with high capacity being a benefit in all things except size. I really try and stay away from malls and large gathering places that are well advertised, such as Christmas Tree lightings and Festivals. When I do attend these places. I’m carrying my Glock 17 with a couple mags in my jacket or on my belt...I can and will do winter events since it’s easy to hide my firearm. 😎
I've never had a hard time hiding a full size gun. Except the G21 we had when I was on the job before we switched out...

My 226 mostly rides in either a Milt Sparks VM2 that I can cover with. T shirt of hoodie. Or a Sparks 55 BN. Under a sport coat, Blazer or other light Jacket

I don't normally keep a light on my carry gun now but did while working
Kahr P-380 in a Sneaky Pete when I want to be discreet.

Ruger SR-40C somewhat open when I dont. It just depends how long my shirt is.

These are the 2 I am wearing most of the time. Other guns I occasionally wear are a Kahr CW9 or a Ruger Single Seven.
I inherited my granddad's CZ 27 32 auto (7,65mm) and carried until I posted on this forum with a reference to it. The feedback was something like, friends don't let friends carry a 32 auto. So with the peer pressure I am now carrying a Kahr Cw9.
I rotate between a 2.0 M&P 4" Compact and a Shield, both 9mm. Occasionally a J frame S&W 642 .38 Special gets a ride. Not long ago I was shooting my S&W M15 quite a bit and for S&G I carried it concealed several times. I packed it in a high ride pancake. With a speed strip in the pocket it took me back about 30 something years ago.
Originally Posted by roundoak
I inherited my granddad's CZ 27 32 auto (7,65mm) and carried until I posted on this forum with a reference to it. The feedback was something like, friends don't let friends carry a 32 auto. So with the peer pressure I am now carrying a Kahr Cw9.

Yeah, that happens around here, a lot. Like your rain coat thread. Damn New Zealander posts up a link to a $640 Swazi coat I figure won’t hurt to own...😎
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Haven't deviated much. Still carrying a Sig 226 most of the time it's a 357 Sig. 2 spare mags Ithat said I'm really liking the Legion 226 I picked up and that will likely get the carry nod once I get a couple more hundred rounds through it. The X-ray sights are very fast for me to aquire

I don't think an RMR type sight would work on a carry gun....for me. As JWP said mass shooters , along with increased accounts of multiple assailants have me gravitating towards higher capacity weapons

I’ve always carried a full size weapon until I tried the Sig P365 as it is light and easy to carry. Infact you forget you even have it and it is the first small pistol that I have tried that held enough capacity for me to use as a primary weapon. +P rated and easy to hit with.
With literally 1000’s of pistols and revolvers to choose from with every possible option from standard sights to reflex sights with co-witness capabilities...And, now rail mounted lights are gaining in popularity with CHL holders that holster manufacturers are addressing these options with new kydex and leather offerings...Has RMR sights and lights made you change what you tote for personal protection?

I’m on the fence with reflex sights on my carry gun. But, I see the benefit of a light attached to a home protection firearm. I still use my carry guns as my home protection guns and keep a light next to my pistol at night.

I primarily pack a couple pistols that I shoot a lot with...I’m good with either, but will change out according to what I’m wearing.

I’ve always loved a 45ACP for personal carry and range time. Nothing against a 9mm. I own many and enjoy shooting them, too.

Both of these pistols have proven themselves reliable in functionality with several thousands of rounds through each. I’ve had 3 stovepipes between the two pistols...Yeah, I keep tract of those things. 2 in the XD and one in the 1911. Springs were the likely culprit and were changed out immediately.

I prefer to carry my 1911 even though it’s heavier. It allows a faster, easier front sight picture than the shorter XDs for me.

Are you still carrying the same rig, or have you changed out to a reflex sight and light carry weapon?

[Linked Image]

The wife decided on the M&P Shield in 9mm after carrying a Kahr K9 stainless for several years. She wanted a CrimsonTrace and an upgraded trigger, which I obliged her on both.

[Linked Image]

You have to pose it with a knife otherwise it doesn't look tough.
...next year will be 40 years with the same model...Colt Commander in .38 Super....

1980 to 2007...

[Linked Image]

2007 to today...

[Linked Image]

Both were made in 1952..just like me.....Bob
Damn NICE!
Originally Posted by jwp475

I’ve always carried a full size weapon until I tried the Sig P365 as it is light and easy to carry. Infact you forget you even have it and it is the first small pistol that I have tried that held enough capacity for me to use as a primary weapon. +P rated and easy to hit with.

I come equipped with two catchers it's with fingers...micro guns just don't work for me
Like button on the Colt 38 Super. 😎
Shield and LCP for me.

You guys running lights be sure they don't affect functionality.
Originally Posted by RJM
...next year will be 40 years with the same model...Colt Commander in .38 Super....

1980 to 2007...

[Linked Image]

2007 to today...

[Linked Image]

High on the cool meter.
Taurus 85 snubbie in .38 Special. Either in a pocket holster or outside the pants holster.
Taurus millennium pt111g2, 9mil stainless, with a alien wear ITWB tuck 3 holster.
Originally Posted by roundoak

Yeah, that happens around here, a lot. Like your rain coat thread. Damn New Zealander posts up a link to a $640 Swazi coat I figure won’t hurt to own...😎

LMFAO

G30SF loaded with UMC 230 JHP. Cool weather it gets packed in an old Simply Rugged open top, underneath whatever heavy shirt I am wearing. Warm weather and it's in a Safariland 27 under a tail-out T-shirt. Backup is one or two G21 mags carried according to what I'm doing that day..
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by RJM

1980 to 2007...

[Linked Image]

2007 to today...

[Linked Image]

High on the cool meter.

...life is too short to go through it with an ugly gun.....
I've switched to an M&P 2.0 Compact because I shoot it as good as anything else, 15 round magazines, conceals pretty easy and both of mine have been 100% reliable. It doesn't hurt that summer sweat won't rust it up like I've done with other pistols. I carry an extra mag but prefer to carry a light in my pocket, I use the light daily.

I just couldn't warm up to an RMR on a carry gun, they are fast and easy but I couldn't use my sights with the blue tint if the RMR went down.

If I need to carry as discreetly as possible, I carry a S&W 640-1 and when I run, a 642 due to the lighter weight.
My carry gun, when “not” at the house....a Springfield XDS ( original model) in 45 ACP, 230 grain Gold Dots, in a IWB holster, strongside carry, with a pair of loaded magazines on offside! Really like my XDS. My wife carries a Sig 938....she just hasn’t determined exactly how she wants to carry. I think it’s a woman thing! Both of our cars have a ”Kahr”...as a back-up handgun. Actually, one of the cars, is a truck ....the sentence just didn’t work as well with “truck”! wink memtb

Agreed......I'd dam sure I'd be better armed than the 5 shot 38 snubbie in the console that I have now if I lived in his AO.
Lately, my primary carry gun has been my new Sig P365 9mm. It’s small, light, super reliable, accurate, and has a great trigger & good night sights too. And with 13 rounds read to go I feel very comfortable with it and a spare 12 round magazine to go with it. I plan to pick up one of the little Steamlight TLR-6 Light / Laser combos for it as soon as they release them. And I ALWAYS carry a Ruger LCP .380 in my jeans pocket for a BUG.

Until I bought the new Sig P365, my carry gun for years has alternated between a Glock 32 in 357 Sig caliber or a 1911 lightweight Commander in 45acp, depending on whether I was running errands in our small town or traveling to the big city like DFW or Austin to visit family. And I still carry one of those two when working at the Ranch, where I need a bigger caliber for feral hogs I encounter on a daily basis.

And like Rockinbbar, I always have an AR of some kind riding in the truck. 🤠
Broomhandle Mauser, in an EPS Tanker rig.
Welcome to a gunfight...😎
When I'm not shooting myself in the leg I carry a 1911
Ive been carrying a Glock 19 every day since 2002. IWB in a RM Lowrider. Started with a gen 3 and now cary a gen 5.

Its the best combination of firepower, shootability, concealability, reliability, durability, and ease of maintenance I've found. They also never rust, never break, never jam, and they are cheap.

More than that you cannot ask imho.
Originally Posted by Quak
Ive been carrying a Glock 19 every day since 2002. IWB in a RM Lowrider. Started with a gen 3 and now cary a gen 5.

Its the best combination of firepower, shootability, concealability, reliability, durability, and ease of maintenance I've found. They also never rust, never break, never jam, and they are cheap.

Arguably the best all around handgun ever made.
Glocks to me are arguably a simple, run and gun pistol that should be left alone...Hold the accessories, except sights. I’ve considered professional stippling and a DIY spray paint job. But, my first and last stock painting attempt left me feeling like I should sing Christmas Carols....😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

Arguably the best all around handgun ever made.

For some, maybe, but the finger groove pattern is a total misfit for my hand, putting my pinky on a high point. The Glock 17, on the other hand, puts all my fingers correctly in a finger groove, so I much prefer it to a 19. This is why Glock should never have started with the finger grooves.
Lately I've been packing a Glock 19. It fits my hands. And, I like having the extra ammo over a single stack.

Packing it in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 11 W/ a spare mag on the off side of my belt.

Before that It was a Springfield Armory EMP 4" in 9mm, also in a Milt Sparks Summer Special 11 holster.

As we speak, I have a Glock 43 in my jammie pocket. The 19 goes on my belt when my pants go on.

Virgil B.
My EDC is a gen 4 G19, with nights, extended slide lock lever and extended mag release. It's loaded with 124gr XTP's for the scientific reason that I heard they're good. I carry it during the week in a kydex OWB with a spare magazine also in a kydex OWB. (On weekends, I carry it in a kydex IWB). My draw stroke is better with the OWB holster. I get a shooting grip more quickly and easily. Everything conceals well under my suit coat.

When I go through the parking lot of the courthouse (about a 70 yd walk) any attackers are likely going to be after me specifically, and I'll likely be on my own for up to several minutes until help arrives. I'm considering adding a second spare magazine. I've been confronted more than once about throwing somebody's wife or friend in jail, and they think intimidation will get them the result they desire. Naturally it doesn't. Fortunately, to date I've faced nothing more than angry words.

The Streamlight works on either a CR123a or AA battery (which is a nice option). It's rated at 350 lumens, but more important to me is that the throw is easily 100 yards.

This is a pocket dump after arriving at work this morning. If you're wondering about the texturing on my knife, I did it myself with a ball peen hammer and a punch. The metal body had gotten super slick just by being carried for years:
[Linked Image]
Wade
Is that a tension adjustment screw on the holster?
Carried a PM9 for 12 years or so, until I watched one too many carjacking reports on Ch 7 News Miami (where I often find myself) and decided I needed more capacity.

Carried a G19 for about a year until I thought a bigger hole was mo betta.

Switched to a G41 and have been carrying that for about a year now. But, it does get heavy-feeling now and then. That's when I'll switch back to the G19 or my S&W 66-1 for a while. However, the G41 always goes with me if I'm crossing the Miami-Dade county line or going into brown town.

As of about 6 months ago, there is always a G21 in the truck as backup. And 5 or 6 .45 mags in the console.
Beaver10: Glock Model 22 in 40 S&W with night sights and high cap magazines filled with top quality hollowpoints!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
2.0 Compact with a Deltapoint. I'm carrying and teaching with a dot at work so I wanted to keep things consistent. It doesn't make the gun any harder to conceal and I really see no downside, other than the initial cost.

Still working on a holster that'll accommodate the TLR7 but with the dot and an EDC light it doesn't seem as crucial as when I was just running iron sights.

[Linked Image]
Maybe a backpack?
Blue, the M2.0 looks like a good compromise in a scaled down concealer with light and RF sight...A lot to like right there...

Did you work the stock trigger down? Or running it as is? I dropped an Apex trigger in the wife’s Shield. Major improvement in shootability 😎
I polished the plunger before I installed the MRDS but it really didn't need it. I wouldn't have bothered removing the front sight just to do that. The 2.0 triggers are very, very usable right out of the box.
Did you have any difficulty transitioning from irons to the dot sight as far as speed of aquisition?
Originally Posted by ironbender
Wade
Is that a tension adjustment screw on the holster?

Yes.
I found the trigger on the wife’s Shield to be a poor offering. Gritty, didn’t provide a fast reset due to felt binding. Bought this pistol 3 years ago. Only M&P I own. Possibly improvements were made since. 😎
For pocket carry, a Beretta Nano with Lasermax laser, 6 round magazine in the gun a 2 spare 8 round magazines. For belt carry, inside or outside the waist band a Beretta 92F and 2 reloads.
Did you have any difficulty transitioning from irons to the dot sight as far as speed of aquisition?

Yes. I didn't start carrying it for about 800 rounds, IIRC. That was a good bit more than I expected to need. But now I don't have any problems with it.
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Yes. I didn't start carrying it for about 800 rounds, IIRC. That was a good bit more than I expected to need. But now I don't have any problems with it.

Brother you're gonna start costing me money.

And YOU me Big G, telling me about those Legions. smile

Love mine Jerry.
2.0 Compact with a Deltapoint. I'm carrying and teaching with a dot at work so I wanted to keep things consistent. It doesn't make the gun any harder to conceal and I really see no downside, other than the initial cost.

Still working on a holster that'll accommodate the TLR7 but with the dot and an EDC light it doesn't seem as crucial as when I was just running iron sights.

[Linked Image]

Blue, That’s the first duty weapon I’ve seen an LEO carry with a Deltapoint on it. Your Liberal Dept actually approved that ??? 😜 it’s good to see you posting again. I’ve missed your informative posts.

Love mine Jerry.

I hear you neighbor, already watched some u-tube videos on them, NICE!
Gunner,
I played with one of those Sig Legion 226 models at my buddy’s gun store a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I was quite impressed by it. And I’m not & never have been a a Sig fan until I bought my Sig P365 a few weeks back.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Gunner,
I played with one of those Sig Legion 226 models at my buddy’s gun store a couple of weeks ago and I have to admit I was quite impressed by it. And I’m not & never have been a a Sig fan until I bought my Sig P365 a few weeks back.

Good deal Neal, I'm getting a handle on that big Gen 4 model 21 I bought off you, plus, my dumbass has been shooting the chit out of my P226 again today, for fu-ks sake, i still cant figure out what in hell high bore axis is. crazy guess I just need to shoot some more. grin
Judging by the replies to this thread I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I just might be what they call "old school".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Aint a damn thing wrong with any of that FG! cool
Gunner,

Neal, I have 3 226s. And the legion has the best grip by far. The trigger is heads and feet above the others. It's quickly becoming my favorite
Originally Posted by FieldGrade
Judging by the replies to this thread I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I just might be what they call "old school".

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would say you’re “Well Heeled” 😎

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would say you’re “Well Heeled” 😎

I seldom carry concealed but when I do it's the 38....the 1911 lives in my night stand but I bought a holster for it should I ever need one.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not a thing wrong with old school. Two great, classic, choices. I've carried both, myself, over the years, and was well armed.
Gunner,

Neal, I have 3 226s. And the legion has the best grip by far. The trigger is heads and feet above the others. It's quickly becoming my favorite

Agreed! I loved the Trigger !!! Like Gunner, I foresee on in my near future! 🤠
Gunner,

Good deal Neal, I'm getting a handle on that big Gen 4 model 21 I bought off you, plus, my dumbass has been shooting the chit out of my P226 again today, for fu-ks sake, i still cant figure out what in hell high bore axis is. crazy guess I just need to shoot some more. grin

Me too buddy! Glad your enjoying that Model 21. I bet you can conceal it better than me! 🤠

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am right there with you. After years of plastic fantastic, I could happily go back to a lightweight Commander and a snub.
I like the Commanders (a lot) Sarge but I also like the traditional mil spec 1911 and I got such a good deal on that one I couldn't pass it up.
Sig P290rs, 9mm, Compact - Didn't like it much when I first got it. It's grown on me since, and I like everything about it.

S&W 432 PD, .32 H&R Mag. Snub-nose - It was the least expensive S&W revolver at Gander Mountain when I bought it.
Now On Gunbroker one's starting bid is - $750.
It shoots well and is perfect for carry in any pocket with an Uncle Mikes felt pocket holster.

Beretta 30-32, 'Tomcat' INOX, 32 ACP - I carry it (sometimes) because I can and I like it.

I owed at different times a couple of the original Sig P225 single stack 9’s...Every time I owned one, I really liked both shooting, and carrying it. I always parted ways with them after several years of good use. Now, I wish I had just kept them. The P225 was always one of my favorite Sig to own. 😎
Blue, That’s the first duty weapon I’ve seen an LEO carry with a Deltapoint on it. Your Liberal Dept actually approved that ??? 😜 it’s good to see you posting again. I’ve missed your informative posts.

We allow RMRs and DPs and will the new ACRO when they're finally on the market. I only carry the DP off duty. It's been good so far. I put a Duracell in on 12/31/18 and have carried it around 60 hours a week since then on full brightness. The battery life worried me at first but not now.
Glock 31 in cooler weather but now mostly something that I am very familiar with and it's very comfortable to carry. The down side is only seven rounds"

[Linked Image]

Sig P365, because it is small enough to disappear in my front jeans pocket and it holds 11 or 13 round depending on magazine.

[Linked Image]
Gunner,

Me too buddy! Glad your enjoying that Model 21. I bet you can conceal it better than me! 🤠

LOL, I wore that thing slap into the courthouse to pay property taxes a couple months ago under a button up shirt, none the wiser. grin
No detectors at the entrances?
No Sir, not in hickville, just an annoying sign.
Signs don’t count for those of us that can’t read

Great thread guys and I too will add great to see Bluedreaux posting on this forum.
LOL, no, guess if they wanted to issue me a citation, I'd take it, turn around and leave with their tax money, make em wait till the deadline, may even pay a little interest out of spite and string it out the whole year. grin

And 10-4 on Blue!
Sig P365 with a 10 round mag in the pistol and a 12 round spare. Carries easy, plenty of firepower, accurate, and has been 100% reliable.

[Linked Image]
glock 42 with night sights and 1 spare mag.
Originally Posted by rockchucker

Wish I would have went to the pig shoot this year Bobby, then you could have shown me how you hit those 12 ounce pop cans a 100 yards with your Glock. smile

We allow RMRs and DPs and will the new ACRO when they're finally on the market. I only carry the DP off duty. It's been good so far. I put a Duracell in on 12/31/18 and have carried it around 60 hours a week since then on full brightness. The battery life worried me at first but not now.

Good deal Buddy! Stay safe out there !

Wish I would have went to the pig shoot this year Bobby, then you could have shown me how you hit those 12 ounce pop cans a 100 yards with your Glock. smile

it's simple jerry, shoot alot of rounds in the general area of your target and eventually u hit it LOL.

That works, but the problem with the 42 is that you're confronted with the question, why not the 43?

That works, but the problem with the 42 is that you're confronted with the question, why not the 43?

The question is why not the Sig P365

No doubt!

Glock doesn't make it.
Surefire G2MV and a S&W 360 357.

Yep you guessed it; it’s loaded with .357s

I have carried glocks, m&ps, XDS etc. I always come back to a j frame.

[Linked Image]

Glock doesn't make it.

Praise the lord! The Sig P365 is far and away better

Glock doesn't make it.

Are you a junior glockdoofus? wink
I think the Glock is far better than the sig fwiw. Any sig

As to why not the 43...The 42 is smaller than the 43 and is far easier to shoot in terms of recoil. With ammo like the Lehigh penetrator it gives up almost nothing to a 9x19 in terminal performance.

I carry nor own either so I’ve no skin in the game

As to why not the 43...The 42 is smaller than the 43 and is far easier to shoot in terms of recoil. With ammo like the Lehigh penetrator it gives up almost nothing to a 9x19 in terminal performance.

If you got to use “gimmick” ammo, you need a bigger and better caliber 😜

And how is the Glock 43 better with only 7 rounds when the Sig P365 holds 13 and is smaller too ?

I own both by the way. And the Sig P365 is most definitely better. 😎
That ammo is no gimmick in 380. I don’t like it in 9x19 as it’s a gross over penetrator and I’ve found better options. In all seriousness though...it out performs a good deal of 9x19 defense ammo. Really breathes new life into the 380

My reasons for not liking the sig are personal. It’s a fine gun. I don’t care for the trigger or the grip and it’s not a great shooter in my hands nor does it conceal as well as the Glock. As I said though it’s a fine gun and would serve well
I’ve been carrying this in a pocket or ankle holster for the past 25 years. Shot it enough to have to replace the hammer last year.
Effortless to carry, and I have a good supply of Federal Nyclads to feed it.

[Linked Image]
had a 43, loved it, but for me and my methods of carry the 42 is a better fit for me.

i can put rounds where i want with it and its 100% reliable that why i chose it.

shot the 365 over the weekend and was not impressed.
Here lately its been a Glock 32Gen4 w/gold dots and 1 spare mag. I have a glock 48 i was gonna start packing but after only 2 or 3 days went back to my G32
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Sig P365 with a 10 round mag in the pistol and a 12 round spare. Carries easy, plenty of firepower, accurate, and has been 100% reliable.

[Linked Image]

GW....Who’s the holster maker? Looks like a hybrid of kydex and leather. Some details, please....😎

If you got to use “gimmick” ammo, you need a bigger and better caliber 😜

And how is the Glock 43 better with only 7 rounds when the Sig P365 holds 13 and is smaller too ?

I own both by the way. And the Sig P365 is most definitely better. 😎

My Glock 43 holds 9 rounds, i.e., 8 in the mag, and one in the chamber. With a spare 8 rounder in the pocket, that's plenty.
Glock 48, just because.
gross over penetrator

JeffO, is that you?..
That holster is a Celtic Wee Deluxe. It's as comfortable as anything I've ever tried. Nice because the belt clip pivots on that leather piece, so it self-adjusts when you sit, stand, etc.

https://www.celticholsters.com/shop/Wee-Deluxe-IWB-Holster-p88500871
Concealed: Ruger LCP with FMJ ammo for the colder temps and Gold Dots in the warmer weather.
Open carry: SIG P220, Browning HP, or S&W M65 with 145gr silvertips.

it's simple jerry, shoot alot of rounds in the general area of your target and eventually u hit it LOL.

Uh-Huh, yeah, right! cool
Thanks...😎
1). S&W 49 Bodyguard. ( snubnose 1 7/8" bbl, "humpback" 5 shot 38 Special) with Uncle Mike's boot grips).

2). S&W 60-4. (Stainless 38 Special, 5-shot, double action, with 3" full lug bbl, adj rear sight.)

Load:. fast-stepping 148 grain solid base wadcutters.

Nothing like an old school j-frame on your hip.

© 24hourcampfire