Home
Posted By: WyoCoyoteHunter New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
This afternoon I picked up a new model 26 Glock... We have several others and they have been outstanding performers.. But I felt this model would be a perfect pistol for protection.. Not too big, fair amount capacity.. Plus the famous Glock reliability !!!!!
Ran out to the local grave pit, loaded the magazine with 7 rds. of new Fed. ammo and touched one off... A jam!!! Cleared that figured maybe I did something wrong.. One shot jam..I probably put 15 rds. though it mostly single shots then a jam.. Used another kind of ammo and another magazine.. If I had been at the North Platte River, it would have been in the bottom of the nearest deep pool.. Will call Glock Monday.. Anyone else have problems with the Glocks..
I ran 5 rounds though my model 42 with out a hitch.. This sucks..
Posted By: Oregon45 Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
What kind of jam?

The Glock 26, although a Glock, still is a compact 9mm and will have a fast slide cycle; if you're using weak ammunition the slide might outrun the magazine and cause a misfeed.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
This afternoon I picked up a new model 26 Glock... We have several others and they have been outstanding performers.. But I felt this model would be a perfect pistol for protection.. Not too big, fair amount capacity.. Plus the famous Glock reliability !!!!!
Ran out to the local grave pit, loaded the magazine with 7 rds. of new Fed. ammo and touched one off... A jam!!! Cleared that figured maybe I did something wrong.. One shot jam..I probably put 15 rds. though it mostly single shots then a jam.. Used another kind of ammo and another magazine.. If I had been at the North Platte River, it would have been in the bottom of the nearest deep pool.. Will call Glock Monday.. Anyone else have problems with the Glocks...

Any maker of mechanical devices can have a defective one escape the factory from time to time. Very unusual for Glock, however. They will fix it or replace it.

Oh, and quit limp-wristing it. LOL. Just kidding. grin
Posted By: GreatWaputi Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
The first G42 I had was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Second one has never missed a beat.
Posted By: 357Carbine Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
Sounds like my gen4 26. Hundred rounds of Winchester "nato" 124 grain fixed it. Spend a little extra on some warmer 124's and give them a try. Oh, and little lub won't hurt a glock!
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
Mine has ran and never faulterated nary a time. Aluminated Federal cased ammo up to the Remington ammo and Winchester ammo.
Originally Posted by Oregon45
What kind of jam?

The Glock 26, although a Glock, still is a compact 9mm and will have a fast slide cycle; if you're using weak ammunition the slide might outrun the magazine and cause a misfeed.

Yes.

Tell us about the jam. There are some potential easy to fix manufactures defects, others, need to go back to Glock.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
The first G42 I had was the biggest POS I've ever owned. Second one has never missed a beat.

They had a magazine issue with the first ones that came out.
Posted By: viking Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
I got a G27 that I installed an Alpha Wolfe 9mm barrel in, no problems. I usually only buy 124 grain fodder.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
I think that dual RSA 9mm Glocks are a bit oversprung right out of the box. I usually run some hotter ammo through them in the beginning, including some +P.
I'd lube it up, and run a couple hundred of the Winchester 124gr NATO spec ammo through it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...on-9mm-luger-124-grain-full-metal-jacket

Seems some of the Federal stuff is loaded a little softer than others.
Posted By: Esox357 Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/17/19
Check magazine and check springs. Clean and lubricate as well.
The jam was a stove pipe each time.. I am not certain, but the slide seems more difficult to cycle than the other Glocks... I have lost faith in this one.. Not sure it will ever come back.. if I get out this afternoon, I will give it another try...

Hawkeye, I tried my other Glock just to be sure limp- wristing wasn't an issue!!!
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
The jam was a stove pipe each time.. I am not certain, but the slide seems more difficult to cycle than the other Glocks... I have lost faith in this one.. Not sure it will ever come back.. if I get out this afternoon, I will give it another try...

Hawkeye, I tried my other Glock just to be sure limp- wristing wasn't an issue!!!

I know. I was joking.
Update.. Sunday I ran a maybe a dozen to fifteen rounds though the model 26.. Things were much better.. Only one stove pipe with Black Hills hollow points... The rest fired fine..

Monday I called Glock..The teck told me what Mt. Marine said.. Run a couple hundred rounds of WW 124 gr through the gun to loosen it up.. He said this model comes with a stiffer spring than the other Glocks that I have.. He also said to leave the magazines loaded before going out to fire them.. Haven't had a chance to shoot it... No WW ammo in town.. I will have to order some from Midway...

Thanks for all the help.. Will try and keep an up date on the pistol.. Thanks again..
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/19/19
We have a 26 & a 27, a Gen 4 & a Gen 3, & have never had a single issue from round 1 with either.

Mostly 115's or 124's in the 26..........but always lubed well.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
We have a 26 & a 27, a Gen 4 & a Gen 3, & have never had a single issue from round 1 with either.

Mostly 115's or 124's in the 26..........but always lubed well.

MM

That's typical Glock performance. Usually, no break in required.
Posted By: MontanaMan Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/19/19
Yep.................never any issue with 6 of them, various models.

MM
Posted By: SargeMO Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/20/19
Glock reliability problems are almost always a bad magazine. I've seen two Glocks over the years that were just total dogs that simply refused work reliably. Early Gen 4s nines had some teething problems which were supposedly fixed.

Will one of the recoil spring assembliess from your other G26s fit in there to give it a try - or is there going to be some kind of gen 5 compatibility problem?
Posted By: jimmyp Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/21/19
Let us know how it is resolved with glock. I have taken several pistols there myself its a drive but its in my state, they are nice enough, they put the new minus connector in an original g43 I had and fixed the ejector on a well worn g19 that ejected straight into your face. I just don't see the why of the 26 any longer but different strokes for different folks.
It is a gen 5... Shot it some yesterday, with 124 gr. American Eagle fine... PMC stove pipe.. I'll shoot it a bit more before I decide my next move..
The only 124 gr. ammo I could lay my hands on was American Eagle..So far it has functioned fine.. Except yesterday the last round did not lock the action open.. Tried a different magazine today fine function with 124's but a stove pipe with PMC 115's.. Anyone make a good self defense load with 124's???? I have only Gold Dot 115's..
Underwood makes some good full-snort ammo in all the popular weights..

Myself, I'm currently carrying Hornady +P 135gr Critical Duty. 1100 fps from the Glock 17.
Jeeze, if my Glock 26 skipped a single beat, I'd be sending it back, pronto. My 26 eats up everything, and has from day one. Glocks don't require break in periods, and they are not the least bit finicky about ammo selection, so if one isn't eating everything like a champ, there's something seriously wrong with it. Send it back.
Posted By: MOGC Re: New Glock model 26???? - 03/23/19
Yeah, at this point it would be going back to Glock.
We are going for a ride in the hills.. I will run a couple magazines though it, and see what happens.. I have 4 others and they shoot fine from round one. I went with this one due to reliability and round capacity and conceal ability ...I really like this model... Guess I will call and return it to Glock..
My 26 is a Gen 5, too. Works like a champ, pushing a thousand rounds already.
Will be calling Glock about returning this one... Had one magazine that did fairly well.. No jams, but failed to lock open the last round.. Decided to try the other two this afternoon... Stove pipes with both.. We will see what they have to say.. Thanks for all the help!!!
It is on its way east... Thanks for the help!!
© 24hourcampfire