Home
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
The time has finally come to purchase a revolver which can be tucked into a jacket pocket. I am going to stay with the 327 Federal since I am flush with components, am casting for it, and have several other revolvers chambered in it.

I can not afford a S&W 632, which would be ideal. So the choice comes down to the 2 inch Taurus mentioned above, or the Ruger LCR 2 inch.

I have a Tracker Ti in 41. The action is a bit crude, compared to a Smith. But it is dead nuts accurate and dependable. I also like my cousin's LCR in 38. Prices are very comparable.

Anyone have any pros or cons for either one?
I'd go with the Ruger LCR or LCRx with the 1.87" barrel.

My choice is based on satisfaction with my LCRx 357, 3-inch.
Ruger all the way! They actually work!!!

When Ruger FINALLY pulls their head out and releases the LCRx in 327 Fed Mag with the 3” bbl & adjustable sights, we’ll finally have the perfect “kit gun” for hiking and camp gun in areas that don’t have bears.
I’d go with the LCR every day and twice on Sunday . I am confident in them and have a few because of that . No question in my mind.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
If the Ruger ever has problems Ruger will fix it.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
I've been using a couple of the little LCR's in .357 and .22 for a while now. I think they are the most for the least you can get in a pocket revolver. I really like the little guns.
Posted By: deflave Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
LCR and say 10 Hail Mary's on your way to the door.
Posted By: FreeMe Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
I'd go with the Ruger, simply based on their customer service record - as opposed to that of Taurus.
Posted By: RJM Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
I've got the .327 LCR and I'm sure if you can get both in your hands you will find the DA pull of the Ruger much better than the Taurus.

Bob
Thanks, gentlemen.

I will be headed over tonight to my favorite toy store and get the Ruger headed this way.
Posted By: husqvarna Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/11/19
No question get the Ruger.
Posted By: garddogg56 Re: Taurus 327 vs Ruger LCR - 04/12/19
LCR love mine.

Holy crap! No shop in the valley has an LCR 327 in stock, nor can they get one from any distributor.

Buds to the rescue, once again. They have a good supply of the LCRx in 327. One is on the way. Can not wait for the three inch to come out.

Since I was at the shop anyway, I left the 4.2 inch SP 101 in 327 for an action tune.
© 24hourcampfire