Home
Posted By: Cheyenne Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
The latest buzz is that Sig is planning to market a slightly larger Sig P365 that is optics ready. I would be very interested.
https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

I also would be interested in getting some 12 round magazines for the standard Sig P365 that do not have the pinky extension.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
Gotdamn Sig working us like a hoe does a cone-er!
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
They're at Belle MO and that's damn near to Cuba! I'd have to buy an inner-tube just to go look at one.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
Pretty cool.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
Now we're cooking with gas.
Posted By: Waders Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/20/19
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Seriously.

(My thanks in advance to whomever does all the R&D to identify the perfect setup! I'm already negotiating with my wife for permission to buy it,)
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
If they would just make it in 45ACP (the Lord’s Caliber) they would have something
Posted By: Bluedreaux Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
I wonder how much larger the grip will be. Wonder if they'll get into G19 size and be short 3 rounds.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
Anyone bought one of the new 15 round mags ?
Are they available yet?

I might have to have one for a spare 😬
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I wonder how much larger the grip will be. Wonder if they'll get into G19 size and be short 3 rounds.

According to the specs in the link above, the Sig is 4.8 inches tall. Glock shows 5.04. Note that the Glock is flatter along the bottom while the Sig is angled, so I suspect that the concealability will be higher with the Sig. Because I looked at the specs, here are other differences, with the Sig info first and the Glock 19 second: OAL-6.6 vs. 7.28; Width-1.1 vs. 1.34 (1.26 Gen 4), Weight with unloaded magazine- 20.7 vs. 23.99. Also, owning a Sig P365, I can tell you that the distance between the frontstrap and backstrap is less with the Sig, which will help people with smaller hands get a better grip on the gun.
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Waders
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Seriously.

(My thanks in advance to whomever does all the R&D to identify the perfect setup! I'm already negotiating with my wife for permission to buy it,)

I'm really liking the looks of this too. The original P365 didn't really stir me, but this does.
Posted By: prairie_goat Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
Looks like a winner, though I wish Sig would go with the standarized rail instead of their one off setup.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/21/19
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
.... Also, owning a Sig P365, I can tell you that the distance between the frontstrap and backstrap is less with the Sig, which will help people with smaller hands get a better grip on the gun.

I have fairly large hands. The first time I saw the little Sig I thought it would be to small for me. Handling and shooting it I'm surprised at how well it works for my hands.

Originally Posted by prairie_goat
...... I wish Sig would go with the standarized rail instead of their one off setup.

Ditto....except standardized...grin...
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/22/19
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
The latest buzz is that Sig is planning to market a slightly larger Sig P365 that is optics ready. I would be very interested.
https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/

I also would be interested in getting some 12 round magazines for the standard Sig P365 that do not have the pinky extension.

My LGS has some on order. Its a longer slide gun as they describe it. I will buy one.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/22/19
I am the first person on my waiting list at my local store. When I walked in there yesterday and asked to be placed on the wish list, they had not even heard of the model. The owner checked his sources and determined that the news had been leaked. Anyway, I am first on the list.
Posted By: 117LBS Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/23/19
The 365 was cool but really didn't interest me that much.

I had been thinking about a G19...looks like Sig is gonna get my money instead now.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/23/19
I'm holding out for the XXXL.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 05/23/19
That's called a P320.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/01/19
Posted By: g5m Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/01/19
Looks like a very nice pistol. Maybe pocket size. At least close.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/01/19
Metal trigger heats up. Deal breaker! My Glock's trigger never heats up.

Bwahahahahaha! Kidding. grin Looks pretty cool.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/02/19
Posted By: RDW Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/02/19
Do you lose the option of a rear sight with an optic mounted?
Posted By: Yondering Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/03/19
Originally Posted by RDW

Sure looks like it. A number of other companies have done that too (Walther Q5 for example); they seem to be catering towards the competition shooters knowledge base, rather than what's best for self defense. Too bad, since the above is not exactly a race gun. It's surprising how many people and companies don't see the differences between competition and self defense.
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 07/04/19
Originally Posted by RDW

Some RDS have a rear sight built into the optic, and the leaked info placed on Osage County Guns' website shows the Romeo Zero with a rear sight. It still may not present the same sight picture as the standard rear sight, but we don't know yet. https://www.osagecountyguns.com/blog/news/sig-sauer/new-sig-sauer-p365-xl/
Posted By: Cheyenne Re: Sig P365 XL - 08/02/19
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Left to Right, Glock 19 (15 rounds), Sig P365 XL (12 Rounds), Glock 26 (10 Rounds), Sig P365 (10 rounds):

[Linked Image]

Same as above, but viewed from the top:

[Linked Image]

L-Glock 19 (15 rounds), R-Sig P365XL (15 round optional magazine): (Sorry, the side picture didn't turn out.)

[Linked Image]

The Sig is longer with the 15 round magazine. Interestingly, for as small as the P365 XL is compared to the G19, the weight difference with each loaded to standard capacity (15 and 12) is only 5 [edited from 4] ounces, of which 1.2 can be attributed to the extra three rounds of ammo in the Glock.
Posted By: RyanTX Re: Sig P365 XL - 08/02/19
Thanks for the pics Cheyenne. There is a 365 XL for a great price in the classifieds and I was going back and forth over whether or not to buy it. If I didn't already have a G43 and a Shield, I'd be looking hard at the 365 for sure.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Sig P365 XL - 08/03/19
I have never had a trigger on either of my guns heat up, of course the most I have shot through any one of them at one time was 150 rounds or so. My biggest complaint with the gun is that the grip is so small I wind up using too much trigger finger when I just draw it and start shooting. Still its more accurate in my hands than either the G43 or Shield. I will say the plastic magazine release on the glock is a better idea as the metal one on the sig comes in contact with your sweat.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Sig P365 XL - 09/01/19
Will the XL fit an open barrel end holster for a 365? Is that part of both guns the same ?
© 24hourcampfire