Home
Posted By: glockdoofus HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Since I can't shoot I would like to know what is the revolver that has

horrendous recoil
?

I would love to have one to try.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
I’d say any of the scandium J Frame .357 Magnums or scandium .44 Magnums fit the bill. I fractured a wrist bone firing six rounds of a bear defense .44 Magnum load from the latter.
Posted By: lippygoathead Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
For me, it was the Taurus Raging Bull 8" shooting the 240 gr. Hornandy. It HURT!
Posted By: deflave Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
If you can't shoot by now you'll never be able to.

Try bowling.
Posted By: gunner500 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Got get you an 8" barreled 500 S&W magnum, load the 440gr cast performance bullets to a full chronoed 1650 fps with 296/h-110, after three, you really don't want to finish the other two, takes but a sec to address the wonderment.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
According to the Mental all knowing Pundits on here a 500 S&W isnt much as far as recoil is concerned.

Originally Posted by gunner500
Got get you an 8" barreled 500 S&W magnum, load the 440gr cast performance bullets to a full chronoed 1650 fps with 296/h-110, after three, you really don't want to finish the other two, takes but a sec to address the wonderment.
So loaded the hell it aint, that sombitch feels like it driving straight back through that rubber grip trying to split your wrist like a stick of firewood! grin
TRANSLATION:

Deflave=Deprave=Shooting mouth off with lousy accuracy.

Originally Posted by deflave

Try bowling.

You will need to take it up with the Mental all knowing Pundits as that is their allowance on the subject. Only they have heavy recoiling handguns. No one else has.

So loaded the hell it aint, that sombitch feels like it driving straight back through that rubber grip trying to split your wrist like a stick of firewood! grin
Originally Posted by glockdoofus
You will need to take it up with the Mental all knowing Pundits as that is their allowance on the subject. Only they have heavy recoiling handguns. No one else has.

No need, I'm cured, loaded the rest of the 500 rounds of brass to a more user friendly 1350 fps, still couldn't imagine what that wouldn't shoot.
TRANSLATION:

Try bowling.

I can outshoot you any day.
No doubt. Your mouth stays loaded.

hint.....clue.....clue.....hint..... hint.....clue

TRANSLATION:

Try bowling.

I can outshoot you any day.

Posted By: T_O_M Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Worst 2 I've shot were the S&W 329PD and S&W 500. Both worse than full-snot .454 out of my Ruger Bisley. Bad in different ways.

The 329PD wood grip hits the knob on the knuckle where my thumb goes into the hand. It doesn't bother me much to shoot it once, it's the 2nd shot where the recoil lands on the bruise from the first where things get ugly. I like it a lot as a carry gun for backpacking where I'm not shooting many shots, not plinking, only shooting what has to be killed to save my hide.

The .500 was a weird experience. Shot it .. once. Strange things happened. The recoil was mostly back. Between the bullet being heavy enough to noticeably rotate the gun the opposite way the bullet was being rotated, the blast and brake, the muzzle did a crazy figure 8. At the same time it came straight back HARD. For a split second, everything in my wrist up to mid-forearm seemed liquid, seemed to be bending / flexing in directions / to degrees bone should not bend and flex. I can do without that.

Two others deserve (dis) honerable mention, both Smith and Wessons.

One, a M60 J-frame .357, has rubber grips. Rubber sticks to my hand instead of sliding. The recoil / impact isn't bad but it tries to stretch my skin beyond its elasticity and I wind up bleeding from the web of my hand.

The other, a 4 inch 629, did the same thing, even with wood grips. With factory 180s, I was bleeding after a couple shots so I duct-taped my hand back together and kept shooting. Folks looked at me like I was a little unhinged but the duct tape really did help a lot.

Tom
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
I’d say any of the scandium J Frame .357 Magnums or scandium .44 Magnums fit the bill. I fractured a wrist bone firing six rounds of a bear defense .44 Magnum load from the latter.

That should suffice. If you really want indulge in some self-abuse, remove the grip panels.....lol
Posted By: StoneCutter Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
This...... .480 Ruger shooting a 325gr Hornady XTP mag.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Tradmark Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
4” fa83 475 linebaugh with 440’s at 1400 fps. 5.5” 500jrh with 420’s at 1500fps. All significantly more recoil than any full size 500 smith.
Troble is with that is if i bought one of the ones listed than the Mental all knowing Pundits would then say it was anything. So it goes. Only what the Mental all knowing Pundits have is worth a dime.

Originally Posted by Tradmark
4” fa83 475 linebaugh with 440’s at 1400 fps. 5.5” 500jrh with 420’s at 1500fps. All significantly more recoil than any full size 500 smith.
Posted By: Whitworth1 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
All significantly more recoil than any full size 500 smith.

At 4 1/2-lbs with a muzzle brake, and soft rubber grips, I would agree completely. But it's all relative.

My hardest kickers to date were a .500 Maximum shooting 525s at 1,350 and my all-time hardest recoiler, my .50 Alaskan D-Max lobbing 525s at 1,600 fps.
Posted By: Bocajnala Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Recoil?

Nah.

-Jake
Posted By: Mr_Harry Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Recoil, is of course, in the hand of the beholder. For me, any scandium framed magnum is offensive.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
You are really grinding this ignorant axe aren’t ya

I've told you many times to name the challenge.

If you could shoot you would.
What do you mean????

Originally Posted by jmd025
Posted By: Bearcat74 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19

Worst I’ve encountered was a FA 4.75” octagon barrel in 475 Linebaugh with 440gr Buffalo Bore.
I could never compete on your level. I have never been able to get that low. And since it is impossible for you to raise any higher I guess we are at a standstill.

I've told you many times to name the challenge.

If you could shoot you would.
What do you mean????

I understood the real motive of the thread . You have some point to prove . You care too much . Less care , less blood pressure . Deep breaths .
Posted By: 340boy Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

That should suffice. If you really want indulge in some self-abuse, remove the grip panels.....lol

No thanks! I always thought the purpose of a firearm was to inflict the abuse, not receive it. laugh

wink
I care. I am compasionate. I am understanding. I practice empathy.

What do you mean????

I understood the real motive of the thread . You have some point to prove . You care too much . Less care , less blood pressure . Deep breaths .
I care. I am compasionate. I am understanding. I practice empathy.

What do you mean????

Add bitter,defensive , juvenily sarcastic to that and ya nailed it . I think you’ve made like 2 posts with a genuine thought that wasn’t a thinly veiled attempt at getting a jab in towards someone who’s comment rubbed you wrong .

Woo-sah in with the good , out with the bad . Only way to tackle a bear with a 380
jmd025,

Thank you for your comment. People like you make my day in this world of thickly veiled people who take jabs at people who believe the drivel the thickly veiled one spew forth without question. Your clarity and clairvoyance in delving into the Dr Phil side of things is comendable.
I didn’t need clairvoyance to see you coming boss . It’s like watching a parade .

But I did light sage and say a Gregorian chant for your anguishes
Thank you again.. But with any parade it takes many people to set a course for a parade. Many have to have worked hard to bring the parade into being. Generally the route and the event have to orchestrated by others for the parade to come to town.
Many thanks for the tireless workers and planners for THEIR contributions.
Without them it would not be possible.
Give them thanks too to be fair about it. I am not hoggish when it comes to accolades.

I didn’t need clairvoyance to see you coming boss . It’s like watching a parade .

But I did light sage and say a Gregorian chant for your anguishes
Posted By: jwp475 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Originally Posted by Whitworth1
All significantly more recoil than any full size 500 smith.

At 4 1/2-lbs with a muzzle brake, and soft rubber grips, I would agree completely. But it's all relative.

My hardest kickers to date were a .500 Maximum shooting 525s at 1,350 and my all-time hardest recoiler, my .50 Alaskan D-Max lobbing 525s at 1,600 fps.

Yep that D-Max 50 Alaskan would get my vote as well. Anytime a revolver has enough recoil that the grip frame screws can’t hold it has tremendous recoil in my opinion
I could never compete on your level. I have never been able to get that low. And since it is impossible for you to raise any higher I guess we are at a standstill.

I didn't think so.

Have fun snapping those pics of those "100yd" targets.

LMAO.
Why dont you take a photo of that loaded mouth of yours and a target it produces. i am sure that with the great effort that you put into showing off your talented mouth you would be proud.
Few people can fire off their mouth with the calamity that you can. Your parents probably were in amazement when you were born. A living being that was all mouth. The doctors screaming "its a miracle" that it lived.

I didn't think so.

Have fun snapping those pics of those "100yd" targets.

LMAO.
Posted By: byron Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Sounds like the custom TC Encore 458 Lott I was introduced to. They kept having to beef up and add more screws to the forearm to try to keep it on the barrel. Not even on a whisky bet. Not then and darn sure not now :-)
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
First, doofus, . . . Big Stick, is that you slummin' ? 'cause Stick does very often provide useful information.

Second, I once ran a cylinder full of some kinda hot .454 Casull "bear loads" in a snubby Ruger Alaskan. Before I was done, I had muscle tremors in my hands that lasted a while. I got through the cylinder, but I declined the invite to shoot it some more. I can see where such would be damn useful in some situations, but Yeesh!

I've heard a story about a .45-70 Derringer. Pretty sure that's right.
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Why dont you take a photo of that loaded mouth of yours and a target it produces. i am sure that with the great effort that you put into showing off your talented mouth you would be proud.
Few people can fire off their mouth with the calamity that you can. Your parents probably were in amazement when you were born. A living being that was all mouth. The doctors screaming "its a miracle" that it lived.

Flave at a recent Bingo night

[Linked Image]

You whine like one of those fatherless bastard children I'm always reading about.

My shooting ability can't be debated. There's video of it. Not the lying, bullschit, static targets you like to post.
TRANSLATION:

DEFLAVE=DEPRAVE= Big loaded mouth. Shoots rapid fire with full mouth. Hair trigger mouth. Videos of mouth being fired.

You whine like one of those fatherless bastard children I'm always reading about.

My shooting ability can't be debated. There's video of it. Not the lying, bullschit, static targets you like to post.
BWHAHAHAHHA

You got Fireballz in your corner.

That’s something.

LMFAO.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
Doofus, I want to see some videos of your shooting prowess. Its got to be some amazing chit. If you can't produce then you are all BS.
TRANSLATION:

DEFLAVE=DEPRAVE= Drunken mouth. Large Mouth Creek Sucker.

BWHAHAHAHHA

You got Fireballz in your corner.

That’s something.

LMFAO.

You want. They want. We want. We all want something. I never said anything about prowess. You used the word. I didnt. Go back and see if I have made ANY claims as to prowess on anything. All the talking heads with large mouths must have said it.

Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Doofus, I want to see some videos of your shooting prowess. Its got to be some amazing chit. If you can't produce then you are all BS.
Posted By: moosemike Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/23/19
I don't much enjoy a .357 Snubbie.
Posted By: Mike_S Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
Charter Arms made a .357 snub nose with I believe an aluminum frame. Buddy had one and one shot was all I needed. The doofus is pretty unique able to troll his own thread...brilliant.
Posted By: deflave Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
You want. They want. We want. We all want something. I never said anything about prowess. You used the word. I didnt. Go back and see if I have made ANY claims as to prowess on anything. All the talking heads with large mouths must have said it.

LMAO.

I guess the great doofus ain't so great after all.

Go snap some more pics of your bullschit targets.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
TRANSLATION:

DEFLAVE=DEPRAVE=THE FLAPPING JAWS.

Got that cavernous mouth loaded this morning I see. Post some photos of that mouth. We all want to see it swallow your head. Dont ever do a handstand as your guts will fall out of that cavern in your head.
Come on famous one. Show us the MOUTH that you so adeptly shoot. I bet your eyes are 4 feet apart so your mouth wont swallow them. Good thing you can breath through your mouth.

LMAO.

I guess the great doofus ain't so great after all.

Go snap some more pics of your bullschit targets.
Posted By: Windfall Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
I saw one of those BFR revolvers in .45-70 for sale at a gun show and I'm sure that one would qualify.
It would probably be pretty mild. Even with a 500-515 gr bullet at 1400 or so it probably wouldnt be much . Many on here shoot the hard kickers. I couldnt handle it. I would have to drop down to a 22RF or maybe even a BB pistol to learn to handle the recoil.

Originally Posted by Windfall
I saw one of those BFR revolvers in .45-70 for sale at a gun show and I'm sure that one would qualify.
Posted By: NMScout308 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
475 Linebaugh, Ruger Super Redhawk conversion 2 " barrel. Wood.grips. Ruger Alaskan is a very distant second.
This just in:

Doofus still can’t shoot.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!

What a dumb fugk loser.
Posted By: 340mag Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
fix is all too easy....take the time and effort too custom hand-load less powder and a lighter weight projectile until you find a recoil level at which YOU can mange the revolver.
as you gain experiences and skill you might increase the hand loads power level, but in many case the hand gun loaded with the lower pressure hand loads will be fully up to any job you might consider it for.
you can use 480 ruger ammo in a 476 linebaugh

EXAMPLE
I handload for a buddies 500 S%W I load the 440 grain lee hard cast over 22 grains of blue dot powder
thats well below max pressure and velocity, but still easily capable of shooting length wise though most hogs
even out at 50-60 yards

325 grain
https://gnarlygorilla.com/lee-doubl...-wKG14gIVA7XACh15rwKMEAQYAyABEgLGZvD_BwE

400 grain
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2...nebaugh-476-diameter-400-grain-flat-nose

15-16 grains of 2400 would produce near 1100 fps with the 400 grain

that would easily exceed a 44 mag power but be well under 480 ruger max power

BTW
bullet weight in grains x vel x vel /450240= muzzle energy

example
44 mag 240 grain x 1400 fps=1044 ft lbs

480 ruger 400 grain x 1100 fps= 1075 ft lbs
certainly a 48 caliber 400 grain bullet would put a hurt on any deer or hog
or MUGGER/ HOME INVADER
TRANSLATION:

DEFLAVE=DEPRAVE=CAVEMOUTH=CAN ONLY SHOOY HIS MOUTH.

Since you are all Mouth where are your eyes located. I realize you breath through your rectum. So that is covered or uncovered whatever at the time. How you quit flapping your jaws long enough to eat? Or does someone stand by the side and throw it in? I bet the doctor that delivered you left the medical field after seeing you.

This just in:

Doofus still can’t shoot.

BWHAHAHAHAHA!

What a dumb fugk loser.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
I don't think I like doooofus. Seems like an ostentatious blowhard and can't stand the fact more people like deflave than him. Oh well doofus, keep trying your funny to watch.
Posted By: Fubarski Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/24/19
For doof's wrist?

A cap gun.
He KNOWS that he can’t shoot.

It hurts him.

LMAO.
Couldnt care less what you think. What have i EVER made any brags on? Please search everything I have ever posted and get back with me. I hope everyone of you absolutely love DEFLAVE=DEPRAVE=CAVEMOUTH. I hope all of you sleep with him and have his children.

I don't think I like doooofus. Seems like an ostentatious blowhard and can't stand the fact more people like deflave than him. Oh well doofus, keep trying your funny to watch.
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/25/19
Well geezzzzz duuufffus, you seem to trying to make everyone that pays attention to you, that you are some kind of shooter till you get called out by someone like Travis, who really can shoot and actually has video proving that fact. Besides, Clark is funny as hell and you ain't. So to end this week, GFY.
Posted By: glockdoofus Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/25/19
Right back at you. Where did I say I was some KIND of shooter. First off I never said that. You are beliving all these goof saying I did when I havent. So what does that say about the band wagon and jumping on? It is funny how you assume things without actually knowing. TRAVIS, CLARK hooray for them. Still you must be one of their puppets. A lot of them on here.

Well geezzzzz duuufffus, you seem to trying to make everyone that pays attention to you, that you are some kind of shooter till you get called out by someone like Travis, who really can shoot and actually has video proving that fact. Besides, Clark is funny as hell and you ain't. So to end this week, GFY.
What makes you think I don't know Travis, Clark, deFlave or Dave?

You just dream of being a Flave interloper.
I can tell you right now I wouldnt be friends with him at all. What do you do keep a bottle of baby oil beside of your bed at night so when you think of him you can call his name while in the throws of ectasy?

What makes you think I don't know Travis, Clark, deFlave or Dave?

You just dream of being a Flave interloper.
That would be easy for you since you are not the type that has any friends. You sure like to talk about having things for guys and baby oil. You one of those twinky fellows? Seems like you like to talk like that. I bet your one of those queers and wear girls panties don't you? No wonder you can't shoot, your girl panties get all wadded up. You like being one of them queers? Hmm doooofus? You like being a queer? Bet you come back with some kinda queer thing.
You have brought out the type you are. I bet you buy your tampons at Wal Mart and them cry about it. I bet you shop late at night so your men friends wont see you.
Are you afraid they might find out about you? Bring it on pal if this is all you have to do. I have all night. Better go buy yourself another bottle of baby oil and some mouthwash.

That would be easy for you since you are not the type that has any friends. You sure like to talk about having things for guys and baby oil. You one of those twinky fellows? Seems like you like to talk like that. I bet your one of those queers and wear girls panties don't you? No wonder you can't shoot, your girl panties get all wadded up. You like being one of them queers? Hmm doooofus? You like being a queer? Bet you come back with some kinda queer thing.
Posted By: jmd025 Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/25/19
Got a mufukkin third grader loose on the internet .
Yeah, your mom and Daddy needs to keep a watch on you.

I

I

They are dead .

You should at least get some decent insults in your repertoire. Everything you’ve got has sucked so far . Try harder
No worse than the horse hockey the rest of you pull. I am here. The only thing is each of you hand off the insults but they are still stupid. At least I am making my own stupid insults. Plus one for me.

I

They are dead .

You should at least get some decent insults in your repertoire. Everything you’ve got has sucked so far . Try harder
at least you haven’t told anyone you’re rubber and they’re glue yet . , i mean I’m sure it’s coming , but not yet .
As i said and evidentally you cant read I am no worse that the pitiful lot of you guys. Stupid is stupid. I am among the best on here.

at least you haven’t told anyone you’re rubber and they’re glue yet . , i mean I’m sure it’s coming , but not yet .

Posted By: CraigC Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/25/19
A 5lb .500S&W with an 8" barrel and muzzle brake is a long way from standard sized .454's, .475's and .500's with full loads. The X-frames wouldn't be selling to so well if they were 'that' unpleasant to shoot.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: HORREDOUS RECOIL - 05/25/19
No worse than the horse hockey the rest of you pull. I am here. The only thing is each of you hand off the insults but they are still stupid. At least I am making my own stupid insults. Plus one for me.

I

They are dead .

Buncha ‘ bologna phony business going on,.,,
© 24hourcampfire