Home
Posted By: Blacktail53 Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
So, I’ve owned a great little 4” 63 since about 1980 and it’s been carried in a less than classic Uncle Mikes holster all this time.
It about time I put it in a proper leather holster and need some help seeing what’s available out there.

You guys got any photos and advice on where to look?
I’d say about a $100 cap on the product.

Thanks all!
Blacktail53: You have THE best holster for your Model 63 already.
I absolutely refuse to put/carry any of my pistols in leather anymore and haven't done so for 20 years now.
It took me 30+ years to learn this lesson as I carried pistols in leather for 30 years both professionally and personally.
Never again!
Leather looks good, no leather looks great, but the downsides of leather have long since lost me as a user/buyer.
Yeah I carry all my Model 63's, 34's and my Model 651 in Uncle Mikes holsters.
Wouldn't even consider carrying ANY of my revolvers or semi-auto pistols in leather ever again.
Best of luck to you whichever you choose.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: johnw Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
I like my Simply Rugged.
Posted By: TimZ Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
Triggernosis on here made a very nice leather holster for my Model 63.

Tim
Bianchi makes one....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: EdM Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
I have been using a Safariland 25 since I bought my M63 in 1978. Nice and lean, like the gun.
My experience is with a Bianchi 5BHL, but I've also got several Simply Rugged holsters that work very well.
Posted By: Gun_Doc Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
I was going to mention Bianchi 5BHL, but others beat me to it (huntsman22 & Cariboujack.) If I made one, it would likely have neutral cant. That said, I've been reasonably happy with a 4" 63 in a 5BHL for a long time.
Posted By: mjhoward Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/07/19
I have a 4" 63 and keep it in a Bianchi 10L. It is the perfect holster for this gun. They are discontinued but there are a couple on e-bay right now
Ok, some good tips here.
I had already found the Bianchi 5BHL rigs and like the look.

I’ll check out some others - as well as keep in mind what VarmintGuy had to say.
I’m not as concerned with holster wear on a SS gun, as I would be with blue steel.
Posted By: MOGC Re: Holster for S&W 34 or 63 - 06/08/19
I have an inexpensive leather Hunter brand, nice factory Safariland and El Paso Saddlery holsters for my M63. The EPS Tortilla pancake is my favorite. The high ride pancake snugs tight to the body and you just forget you are wearing the gun until you need it.
Originally Posted by MOGC
I have an inexpensive leather Hunter brand, nice factory Safariland and El Paso Saddlery holsters for my M63. The EPS Tortilla pancake is my favorite. The high ride pancake snugs tight to the body and you just forget you are wearing the gun until you need it.

I just checked the eps.... very nice 👍
While I do not own this holster and therefore cannot recommend it, I can tell you that it s one of the few made for a 4" J Frame S&W.

It is on Amazon: $68. and free shipping.

Bianchi 5BHL Thumbsnap Holster - for S&W Model 34 Kit Gun 4" (Tan)
by Bianchi Gun Leather
Mermickle Model:FC13 REF2 Mahogany Brown with black accent and Bear Paw carving. A beautiful cross draw holster with a thumb break. It's fits my 4" J Frame .22 Kit Gun perfectly. At $149.00 it is not cheap, nor is it cheaply made. Nothing looks better then blue steel and finely tooled leather, check it out!
The BS I read on the 'net never fails to amaze me. This Model 34 has been carried in this Bianchi 5BL since the 70s. It's traveled thousands of miles by horse, ATV, motorcycle, tractor and on foot. It's been dusty, dirty, wet and muddy. It still looks new (the 34 ---- not the Bianchi) ---- NO blue wear.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire